Start by marking “A Knight and White Satin” as Want to Read:
A Knight and White Satin

A Knight and White Satin (Knights (Ivie) #6)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In the rugged Scottish Highlands, a mighty clansman weds a headstrong heiress against her will--and discovers a fiery passion he'll risk his life to protect. . .

A Man Of Power

Payton Dunn-Fadden is the King's Champion, notorious for his ability to fight any man and win. With steely eyes and a deeply-muscled physique, his powers of seduction are just as legendary. But Payt
Published October 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Knight and White Satin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight and White Satin

Mary Gramlich
Jackie Ivie is a writer who captures the passion of romance in a book

There is love so strong and powerful that it can withstand any pain and suffering brought onto it. This type of love is not always a love match at first but when you have your heart captured by it there is no letting go of it.

The heiress, Dallis Caruth was part of the Caruth clan that had been at war with the Dunn-Fadden’s since the beginning of time. But now that Payton Dunn-Fadden has conquered her castle there is nothing to
Ana
The Knight and White Satin by Jackie Ivy is one of the best historical romance novels I’ve read in a really long time. The plot line was full of interesting twists and lovely romantic moments. Both Payton and Dallis are strong characters trapped by the consequences of previous, and mostly regrettable, actions that stand between their future happiness. I highly recommend The Knight and White Satin to all that enjoy a witty, engaging romance novel that elicits a full spectrum of emotion and keeps ...more
Saral
Unlike many historical books this one's end didn't feel rushed or unexpected with the hero suddenly facing his love for the heroine. This one's plot was woven gradually and let me say... It was spectacular!
Nel-ly
Mám ráda historické romány a to i proto, že jsou prostě trochu hloupoučký a hodně předvídatelný. Důležitá je ta omáčka, aby se dobře četla...
tady jsou hrozné (hrozné hrozné hrozné) dialogy, které občas v kontextu nedávají smysl (a dávám to za vinu jak autorce, tak překladatelce), celkově příběh je takový spíš zmatený, hrdina je vteklej krásnej bručoun (šok), ale přitom je to tajtdlík, takže moc nesplňuje představu "zvlhčovače kalhotek" a ona je jednoduše blbá... rozmazlená a ufňukaná
takže ne, od
Vee Worthy
Cindy
Pfff, how many times in this story it goes from hate to love to hate between Dallis and Payton? I lost count. Most of these situations I saw coming.
But as a true romantic story everything is alright in the end of course. Nice read.
Mary
Ivie does a great job portraying the struggles of women from long ago for freedom and wanting to be independent. However, Dallis doesn't realize that man that comes to claim her, her lands and her castle is going to be so intrigueing and handsome. While trying to hold tight to all she loves and holds dear she looses her heart to this man. The struggles they both go through are very relatable even today. She does a beautiful job describing the desires they both feel.
Jennifer Walker
Jackie Ivie’s A Knight and White Satin takes the reader into a very hot, very steamy romance deep in the heart of Dark Ages Scotland. Experience a love that is so deep and tender, the lovers are rocked to their very core before they can even admit to themselves what their true feelings are. Follow along with Dallis and Payton as first she rejects him, then they work together to solve their problems—between smoking hot love scenes, that is.
Danette Steward
2.5. First book by this author. Pretty good, but the author's writing is somewhat confusing and complicated. It was a struggle to understand a lot of sentences/paragraphs throughout....annoying. I can't decided yet if Ivie is over my head(genius)or just can't write coherently.
Anyways, plot was entertaining. Steamy, but not descriptively "HOT" IMO.
Cortney
While I truly enjoyed this book it had a little too much sexual detail for me to give it more than a 4 star rating! I absolutely loved PAYTON and DALLIS!!!! They were great together. I loved how their relationship folded out. What would have made it perfect was no detailed sex scenes. Other than that it was a super sweet love story!
Laura Kitchell
This book is written in a loose, telling style reminiscent of the 1980's era. Readers who began reading romance at that time will likely enjoy this novel very much. The characters are interesting, and their love is enough to make the reader commit to this story all the way to The End.
Denise
Highlander Romance... need I say more. Good story, strong female character. My dad actually met the author in Wasilla,AK signing books and bought it for me.
Diana
Lighthearted and Lusty, Medieval Scottish Romance Chock Full of Men in Kilts
My full review is published here:
TJ
Awesome!
For a complete review check out affairedeccoeur.com, October 2010 edition
The ending felt a bit abrupt but I loved the story!
Sandi
Sandi added it
Feb 11, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Paddy
Paddy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Natalie Gaba
Natalie Gaba marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
  • The Irish Warrior
  • One Knight Only (League of the Blade, #2)
  • The Darkest Knight
  • Betrayed
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)
  • To The Lady Born
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • The Scotsman
  • His Woman (MacGruder Brothers, #2)
  • Spoils of War
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Highland Avenger (Murray Family, #18)
  • Marry Me (Reidsville, #2)
  • The Irresistible MacRae (The Highland Lords, #3)
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Taming The Beast
  • Bluebeard's Wife
Jackie Ivie was born and raised in a suburb outside Utah's capital, beautiful Salt Lake City. The second in a family of four daughters and one son, Jackie was constantly amusing her siblings with her invented games, escapades, and stories. And she was always reading. She would even walk the family dog, with one hand holding the leash, while the other held the ever-present book. No subject went unr ...more
More about Jackie Ivie...

Knights (Ivie) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Forever Knight
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8)
  • A Knight Well Spent
  • Knight Everlasting
  • Lady Of The Knight
  • The Knight Before Christmas
  • Once Upon a Knight
  • A Perfect Knight For Love
  • Heat of the Knight
  • Tender Is The Knight
Knight after Night (Vampire Assassin League, #1) Be Still My Heart (Vampire Assassin League, #2) Dearly Beloved (Vampire Assassin League, #3) We Are Gathered (Vampire Assassin League, #4) Lady Of The Knight