Start by marking “Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy #2)” as Want to Read:
Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy #2)

Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Brody "Wick" Wickham is a former Green Beret turned security agent--with a 100 percent mission success rate. No way is his new assignment changing that. Even if it's protecting a "diva" American rock star while she's on tour in Europe. Except Veronica "Vonya" Wagner isn't just a beautiful celebrity used to having her way--she's the daughter of a U.S. Senator. And she's hid ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Steeple Hill (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission

Renee
As a romantic suspense enthusiast from way back when, I jumped at the chance to check out Susan May Warren’s Love Inspired Suspense Series: Missions of Mercy. Susan’s a prolific author, but I’ve only read one of her books. So I was eager to see what she would bring to the table for the romantic suspense genre. Here are the pros and cons of what her LI series has to offer . . .

First, the pros:

Exotic locations: check
Heart-stopping suspense: check
Plucky, resourceful heroines: check
Tough heroes
Nora St Laurent
I enjoyed so many of Susan May Warrens books in the past I was excited to receive a review copy of this book. The main character Ronnie AKA Vonya reminded me a little of the T.V. show Hannah Montana where no one knows Miely Cyrus and Hannah Montana are one and the same. Ronnie does her best to keep her two lives separate until someone tries to kill her. Now her dad has hired a body guard to protect her on this singing tour.

I enjoyed this book and the authors note to the reader, “When doing a boo
Title: MISSION: OUT OF CONTROL
Author: Susan May Warren
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
March 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-44432-8
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Veronica “Vonya Wagner is a beautiful celebrity used to having her way—and the spoiled daughter of a U.S. Senator. Against her father’s wishes, she’s going overseas on tour, to countries that have threatened her father’s life and the lives of those important to him. Veronica insists she’ll be safe, but like it our not, her father hired a bo
Shelley
Enjoyed the book very much. Would highly recommend it for anyone who likes a funny,romantic, suspense novel with a slight Christian viewpoint. This is second in a series of three of Stryker International books by Susan May Warren, I liked this one a little better than the first as it wasn't as preachy, though it still did bring in the Christian aspect in where it didn't quite seem to fit, though in this story it fit better and didn't seem quite so crammed down your throat as the last book. I don ...more
Michelle
Another satisfying romance from Susan May Warren. Loved the Vonya character and the real Ronie underneath the stage makeup and the fear. The hero--her bodyguard--was very manly and heroic. I could picture him in my mind's eye as he worried for her and protected her from the unknown threat to her safety. And those kisses...wow! I loved the insight both characters gained as they got to know each other and faced their fears together. Sparks flew when they first met, and those sparks never let up. O ...more
Mara
I must admit that I am one of those people that has to read books in order they are written when they are part of a series, well I received Mission: Out of Control and did not realize it was the 2nd in the series.
I have now begun Point of No Return.

It was very good, fast moving and thoroughly enjoyable. I love the concept of this story, Ronie is a strong willed woman who knew that using her alter ego could do a lot of good in the world.
Wick is the strong silent type afraid to take another chanc
Bree
A satisfying short story. A ex solider is employed to look after a Indi pop princess. Lots of twists and turns.
Emyrose8
Better than the first in the series (and less cheesy); the third is still my favorite.
Sara
Mission Out of Control picks up the series not too long after the first book ends and it follows Wick on an outside job, while Chet is on his honeymoon. I love Wick, but in all honestly, I didn’t like Vonya as much as the other female leads in this series. She was just a bit too crazy for my tastes, but I did like how she “fit” Wick’s personality and they balance each other out. The suspense in this book was enjoyable and it was fun to try to figure out who was behind everything.
Cathy
The writing isn't that bad, and the plot moves along which is why this book gets two, rather than one star ... but the premise, a uptight conservative woman doubling as a wild rock singer? I'm not buying it.
Judine
I like the fact that the author allowed Brody and Vonya's relationship to develop over the course of several weeks on tour. Brody accepting "Ronie" as she is was critical.
Michelle
Good short novel. Another great book from Susan May Warren. Vonya, the main female character, slightly got on my nerves, but that was the only downside. A quick, fun read!
Kaykay
Jul 22, 2011 Kaykay rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
This book was really good..I love mysteries (: I loved the fighting going on between the 2 main characters, the action and the love.
Teresa Short
There were more layers to the book than expected at first glance. Read as eBook.
Charity U
I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first one! It was funny and fun.
Sami
I enjoyed reading this book; however, it was kind- of long and boring.
Heather
Quite predictable, but a good, easy read.
Patti
I actually gave it 3.5 stars.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Missions of Mercy
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Missions of Mercy
Kari Slieter
Kari Slieter marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Dev
Dev marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Protective Custody (Love Inspired Suspense #208)
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #214)
  • Witness on the Run (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #246)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma #2)
  • Double Identity (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #238)
  • Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1)
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren...

Missions of Mercy (3 books)
  • Point of No Return (Missions of Mercy, #1)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1) Flee the Night (Team Hope #1) Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1) Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy, #1) My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven, #4)