Start by marking “Treasured Stories of Christmas” as Want to Read:
Treasured Stories of Christmas

Treasured Stories of Christmas

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Discover the spirit of Christmas present and relive the memories of Christmas past in this harvest of stories that embody the very essence of the season.

It is a time to bond with family and friends, a time to give to those in need and a time for renewal of faith, love and hope. Truly a joyous and special time of year.

There are time honored classics by Charles Dickens, Wash
Published December 31st 2010 by Bristol Park Books (first published September 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Treasured Stories of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasured Stories of Christmas

Lisa
Dec 08, 2012 Lisa marked it as quit-reading  ·  review of another edition
You'd think that a collection of Christmas stories read by a frazzled person in December would be uplifting -- a pleasant break from the stress, if you will.

Nope.

The first night I started 4 different stories. None of them held my interest. The second day, I read a somber story by Dostoevsky about a kid freezing to death. Very uplifting.

I began to think my dissatisfaction with the book was more indicative of my mood rather than the stories, but after trying another several stories, I thought ab
Athornton
Thought it would be a good read to get me in the mood for Christmas. I don't want to say this is the reason I was too depressed to put up a tree but boy does this book start out with some really depressing stories! Not even sad, like you might be crying after you read them but downright depressing, feel bad for people and trees altogether. Thankfully it picked up a little by the end so I might give it 3 1/2 stars.
Gina
If the purpose of this book was to make me appreciate the things and people that are in my life by reading about the misery and misfortune of others than it accomplished that. The stories are good but I would have changed the title to something that would tell the reader that this is not a collection of heart warming stories. The title and the serene cover are misleading.
Peg
During the busy month of December short stories fill the bill. Some are classics like The Gift of the Magi and Hans Christian Anderson's The Fir tree, while others were new to me. With authors like Stephen Crane, Pearl S. Buck, Brett Hart, and Harriet Beecher Stowe you couldn't ask for finer craftsmen.
Lee
Nice collection of Christmas stories, classic and modern. The thing I liked best about this book is that it made me think of which stories I would include if I was gathering stories for a collection. Still don't think you can top O'Henry;s "The Gift of the Magi".
Nina
Like most anthologies, pretty uneven, but there were several stories I was unfamiliar with. (Also, a couple that, although they take place at Christmas, are so cynical and depressing they don't really belong in this sort of collection, IMO.)
Lucy
I marked 18 of them to read to the kids next christmas, and another 10 as maybes.
Steve Campbell
Steve Campbell marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kitty Hotles
Kitty Hotles marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Karen B. Campbell
Karen B. Campbell marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Lost-fay
Lost-fay marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Cynthia Foster
Cynthia Foster marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Willie
Willie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 09, 2013
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2012
Yaritza
Yaritza marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2012
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads data base.
More about Sarah Stuart...