Start by marking “The Devil in a Stetson” as Want to Read:
The Devil in a Stetson

The Devil in a Stetson

Cassie Jensen was working as a waitress in a small town. She had just lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and was alone, broke and trying to stay strong. Then her luck had gone from bad to worse in a matter of days. The only one that had the means to help her was Blake Eckert, a rough and tough Cowboy who never took no for an answer. She had no choice to a ...more
Published (first published October 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil in a Stetson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil in a Stetson

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Just what I was looking for to break the long dry spell!

Blake and Cassie. An uber-dominant, irascible and arrogant cowboy who is super hot and gorgeous to boot, and a down-on-her-luck but spirited h with looks to match.

Not getting into the story because there’s nothing new to it, just the most adorable and heart-tugging chemistry! The H who is too full of himself is brought to heel by this scrappy little thing in the most sweetest loving way possible. It was most delightful the way she goes to
Chantal ❤️
Sep 22, 2016 Chantal ❤️ rated it really liked it
Hummmm where did my review go here?!!

Rewrite in progress.
Will post soon.
Songbyrd*SB needs low angst books*
This is an old read about Cassie who is now on her own after losing her Dad. She is trying to pay her father's debts and support herself. She is very attractive but doesn't give many men the time because she is busy. She runs into the hero Blake when her car breaks down. He is definitely alphole type but he does help her in many ways asking for nothing in return while still having moments you get to pissed at him. He is also much older than her which is another reason he hesitates with her.

It w
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

UPDATE!!

4.5 STARS

Ms. Wards how do you always manage to completely win me over!!?? The Devil in a Stetson was a wonderful read and I really enjoyed it! Again we have a great story with hot characters! I loved it! =)

Cassie Jensen is a waitress working her butt off trying to repay all her debts. She lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and due to his medical expenses she had no money, no one to count on and she was completely alone. Then something unfortunate happens and Cassie’s
KatieV
I assumed this would be different based on the description. I suppose I'm far too accustomed to those Harlequins where the ruthless, rich hero takes unfair advantage of the poor, innocent heroine's situation and basically blackmails her into bed. This H is too honorable for that.... dammit. LOL.

The H is an abrasive ass, but doesn't think she owes him anything. In other words, it's nowhere near as naughty as it sounds. The sex scenes are pretty tame and close to the end.

I do believe this would
Emily
Blake Eckert is used to the women in his town, they are always looking to catch his eye and hope they would catch it enough to marry. Blake wasn't having it though and when he meets Cassie Jensen working at the diner, he figures she is just another one. He couldn't be more wrong, Cassie isa proud woman who recently lost her father, she is making ends meet to pay of her debts and get on with her life.

When Blake expresses interest and a little bit of respect, Cassie doesn't know what to think abo
Cheesecake
Cassie the sweetheart and Blake the woman-hater. Blake doesn't think much of women, and he wastes no time telling so to Cassie. She's too young and far too pretty to be as genuinly nice a person as she seems, and he's a natural born cynic.
But that's fine by Cassy, except that they keep running into each other and it's like oil and water. Blake does a lot of pushing and pulling, but it didn't get tiresome because there was no OW trouble. A nicely balanced, predictable yet comfortable read. Prob
Sophia
Aug 10, 2014 Sophia rated it liked it
Shelves: western-romance
May contain spoilers.

I was looking for a shy heroine. This is not a shy girl, but an innocent one, so that is different and as you can see, I didn't quite get what I was looking for (these book-shelves are sometimes really messed up). However it was nice that Cassie didn't blew up - she actually had selfcontrol, which made the read a lot more enjoyable, than I feared (I am sick of these women, blowing up in everybody's faces and kicking everybody's ass as if they had every right to. urg.)

Blake
Cherise
Aug 10, 2016 Cherise rated it it was ok
Shelves: western, contemporary
Dar
Nov 03, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy, 4-star-reads
So good! Like, I wanted to slap them both, especially Blake, but so, so good
Blake is all alpha man, totally and completely and doesn't care who does or doesn't like it. Cassie is all sunshine and light, which means she is strong and capable, and doesn't take any of his bad manners. He thinks she is only a pretty face, but quickly learns overtime that is the least of her that is real. She sees flashes of the man beneath the facade, but then he always manages to mess things up, and he doesn't mess
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

Cassie's left alone after his father past away and now she's struggling to pay the bills. When Blake set his eyes on her, he thought Cassie's just another girl who's after money only. But when he finds out that she's not, he helped her everytime she needs one. But with what cost? Cassie hate to be charity case and she definitely will pay him back. But when Blake know that she has no money, will Blake ask for something else from her?

I liked it. Even though Blake is such a pain in the
Kaycee Sapinoso
I really liked this book. It was just what I was in the mood for. The plot was somewhat predictable but there are a few twists and turns along the way that will keep you interested. I also enjoyed the tension and bickering between Cassie and Blake. They were adorable. Although she considerably younger than him she's matured enough for the likes of him. She gave as good as she got and didn't let him walk all over her.

Blake genuinely fought his feelings for this reason, but a connection like thei
Julia
Feb 02, 2016 Julia added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Having just revisited my own problematic fave, Kristen Ashley, I was open to trying this author on another blogger's recommendation. While many of Ashley's issues could be fixed by streamlining her books and recycling fewer plot elements (Rock Chicks, I'm looking at you), this book was just *boring*. I wasn't a fan of the writing style, which switches POV from paragraph to paragraph, and these characters weren't interesting enough to compensate for that.
Gina
Nov 12, 2013 Gina rated it liked it
I really liked this book. It was standard fair with nothing paradigm shifting, but a cute read. Something to waste a rainy day away with.

The one problem I found with this book was about the debt Cassie had to pay. As the debt was accrued by her father and not herself or her spouse Cassie wouldn't have been on the hook for any of it. Yes, she would inherit the debt but she would have been able to write it off.
Anna
Aug 11, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
I love it that Ms. Wards' stories are simple. I love how her character evolve. Like she mentioned once before, since she has no one to help proof and edit her errors, its something I don't mind since her stories always keep me on my toes. Love the story!
Mariela Rmfl
Aug 19, 2014 Mariela Rmfl rated it really liked it
Because sometimes you gotta love some conceited, domineering, closed off, hot as hell cowboy. This is a quick and really cute story. The only thing that took a star from here was that the epilogue was kind of rushed out and so vague, but I would recommend it nonetheless.
Rogetwhi
Aug 21, 2016 Rogetwhi rated it liked it
I would have given this a better rating but the H didn't stop being a d-bag until around 90%! I don't mind butthead heroes but I need them to be a little nicer earlier than 90%. The couple had maybe two scenes together where he wasn't being a turd!
Val
Sep 05, 2014 Val rated it really liked it
nice book enjoyed it. However, I read few other books for Lietha Wards and it seems most of them have are very very similar story line.
Le
Feb 02, 2012 Le rated it liked it
So far I like this book. Blake is a little grumpy, but Cassie seems to be handling her self nicely.
Falak
Jun 03, 2014 Falak rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic
Honestly, every time I read another Lietha Wards book, the end result is always the same.....me feeling happy, giddy, head over heels in love and yes wanting more, more and more!
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Katie Kelusky
Katie Kelusky rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Jay Mano
Jay Mano rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Kammy
Kammy rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2013
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
C
C rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2016
Didi Sotubo
Didi Sotubo rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
  • The Billionaire's Bargain
  • The Courtship of Izzy McCree
  • Land of Dreams
  • Persuading Prudence
  • Once Upon A Wallflower
  • Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Never Been Kissed (Never Been, #1)
  • Upon a Wicked Time
  • Ride the Wicked Woodsman (Night Falls, #1)
  • Sing My Name
  • For a Hero
  • Forbidden Highlander (Highlander Trilogy #2)
  • Out of Her League (The Sun Never Sets, #2)
  • Desire by Blood (By Blood, #1)
  • One Man's Treasure (Hell Yeah! #16)
  • To Wed in Texas (McLain #3)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • All Dogs Bite (Club Chrome, #2)