Start by marking “The Devil in a Stetson” as Want to Read:
The Devil in a Stetson

The Devil in a Stetson

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  447 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Cassie Jensen was working as a waitress in a small town. She had just lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and was alone, broke and trying to stay strong. Then her luck had gone from bad to worse in a matter of days. The only one that had the means to help her was Blake Eckert, a rough and tough Cowboy who never took no for an answer. She had no choice to a ...more
Published (first published October 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil in a Stetson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil in a Stetson

Nikolai by Roxie RiveraEasier to Run by Silver RainRush by Maya BanksMonster in His Eyes by J.M. DarhowerJust To Be With You by Bella Andre
I love an older man
41st out of 45 books — 19 voters
Law Man by Kristen AshleyWild Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyBreathe by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Best Good Girl Romance Herione
51st out of 78 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

KatieV
I assumed this would be different based on the description. I suppose I'm far too accustomed to those Harlequins where the ruthless, rich hero takes unfair advantage of the poor, innocent heroine's situation and basically blackmails her into bed. This H is too honorable for that.... dammit. LOL.

The H is an abrasive ass, but doesn't think she owes him anything. In other words, it's nowhere near as naughty as it sounds. The sex scenes are pretty tame and close to the end.

I do believe this would
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

UPDATE!!

4.5 STARS

Ms. Wards how do you always manage to completely win me over!!?? The Devil in a Stetson was a wonderful read and I really enjoyed it! Again we have a great story with hot characters! I loved it! =)

Cassie Jensen is a waitress working her butt off trying to repay all her debts. She lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and due to his medical expenses she had no money, no one to count on and she was completely alone. Then something unfortunate happens and Cassie’s
Kaycee Sapinoso
I really liked this book. It was just what I was in the mood for. The plot was somewhat predictable but there are a few twists and turns along the way that will keep you interested. I also enjoyed the tension and bickering between Cassie and Blake. They were adorable. Although she considerably younger than him she's matured enough for the likes of him. She gave as good as she got and didn't let him walk all over her.

Blake genuinely fought his feelings for this reason, but a connection like thei
Sophia
May contain spoilers.

I was looking for a shy heroine. This is not a shy girl, but an innocent one, so that is different and as you can see, I didn't quite get what I was looking for (these book-shelves are sometimes really messed up). However it was nice that Cassie didn't blew up - she actually had selfcontrol, which made the read a lot more enjoyable, than I feared (I am sick of these women, blowing up in everybody's faces and kicking everybody's ass as if they had every right to. urg.)

Blake
Dar
So good! Like, I wanted to slap them both, especially Blake, but so, so good
Blake is all alpha man, totally and completely and doesn't care who does or doesn't like it. Cassie is all sunshine and light, which means she is strong and capable, and doesn't take any of his bad manners. He thinks she is only a pretty face, but quickly learns overtime that is the least of her that is real. She sees flashes of the man beneath the facade, but then he always manages to mess things up, and he doesn't mess
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

Cassie's left alone after his father past away and now she's struggling to pay the bills. When Blake set his eyes on her, he thought Cassie's just another girl who's after money only. But when he finds out that she's not, he helped her everytime she needs one. But with what cost? Cassie hate to be charity case and she definitely will pay him back. But when Blake know that she has no money, will Blake ask for something else from her?

I liked it. Even though Blake is such a pain in the
Mariela Rmfl
Because sometimes you gotta love some conceited, domineering, closed off, hot as hell cowboy. This is a quick and really cute story. The only thing that took a star from here was that the epilogue was kind of rushed out and so vague, but I would recommend it nonetheless.
Val
nice book enjoyed it. However, I read few other books for Lietha Wards and it seems most of them have are very very similar story line.
Gina
I really liked this book. It was standard fair with nothing paradigm shifting, but a cute read. Something to waste a rainy day away with.

The one problem I found with this book was about the debt Cassie had to pay. As the debt was accrued by her father and not herself or her spouse Cassie wouldn't have been on the hook for any of it. Yes, she would inherit the debt but she would have been able to write it off.
Falak
Honestly, every time I read another Lietha Wards book, the end result is always the same.....me feeling happy, giddy, head over heels in love and yes wanting more, more and more!
Le
So far I like this book. Blake is a little grumpy, but Cassie seems to be handling her self nicely.
Lianna
Cute story.
Milliscent Chigombe
Milliscent Chigombe marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Jolandi
Jolandi is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2015
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Lorna Stewart
Lorna Stewart marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Typhaine hamon
Typhaine hamon marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Evangeline Barnhart
Evangeline Barnhart marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
  • The Billionaire’s Bargain
  • Land of Dreams
  • Persuading Prudence
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • All Dogs Bite (Club Chrome #2)
  • A Mate for the Beta (Grey Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Once Upon A Wallflower
  • Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Upon a Wicked Time
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Out of Her League
  • For a Hero
  • Sing My Name
  • Riding West (Untamed #1)
  • To Wed in Texas (McLain #3)
  • The Spinster's Secret
  • Ryelee's Cowboy (Dawson Ranch #2)
  • How to Rope a McCoy (Hell Yeah!, #15)
The Billionaire's Secret Desire Lumber and Lace The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1) Out of the Ashes The Greek Tycoon's Runaway Bride