The Devil in a Stetson

The Devil in a Stetson

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Cassie Jensen was working as a waitress in a small town. She had just lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and was alone, broke and trying to stay strong. Then her luck had gone from bad to worse in a matter of days. The only one that had the means to help her was Blake Eckert, a rough and tough Cowboy who never took no for an answer. She had no choice to a...more
Published (first published October 12th 2011)

KatieV
I assumed this would be different based on the description. I suppose I'm far too accustomed to those Harlequins where the ruthless, rich hero takes unfair advantage of the poor, innocent heroine's situation and basically blackmails her into bed. This H is too honorable for that.... dammit. LOL.

The H is an abrasive ass, but doesn't think she owes him anything. In other words, it's nowhere near as naughty as it sounds. The sex scenes are pretty tame and close to the end.

I do believe this would...more
MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-»

UPDATE!!

4.5 STARS

Ms. Wards how do you always manage to completely win me over!!?? The Devil in a Stetson was a wonderful read and I really enjoyed it! Again we have a great story with hot characters! I loved it! =)

Cassie Jensen is a waitress working her butt off trying to repay all her debts. She lost her father to a heart attack a few weeks before and due to his medical expenses she had no money, no one to count on and she was completely alone. Then something unfortunate happens and Cassie’s l...more
Sophia
May contain spoilers.

I was looking for a shy heroine. This is not a shy girl, but an innocent one, so that is different and as you can see, I didn't quite get what I was looking for (these book-shelves are sometimes really messed up). However it was nice that Cassie didn't blew up - she actually had selfcontrol, which made the read a lot more enjoyable, than I feared (I am sick of these women, blowing up in everybody's faces and kicking everybody's ass as if they had every right to. urg.)

Blake...more
Darcy
So good! Like, I wanted to slap them both, especially Blake, but so, so good
Blake is all alpha man, totally and completely and doesn't care who does or doesn't like it. Cassie is all sunshine and light, which means she is strong and capable, and doesn't take any of his bad manners. He thinks she is only a pretty face, but quickly learns overtime that is the least of her that is real. She sees flashes of the man beneath the facade, but then he always manages to mess things up, and he doesn't mess...more
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

Cassie's left alone after his father past away and now she's struggling to pay the bills. When Blake set his eyes on her, he thought Cassie's just another girl who's after money only. But when he finds out that she's not, he helped her everytime she needs one. But with what cost? Cassie hate to be charity case and she definitely will pay him back. But when Blake know that she has no money, will Blake ask for something else from her?

I liked it. Even though Blake is such a pain in the...more
Gina
I really liked this book. It was standard fair with nothing paradigm shifting, but a cute read. Something to waste a rainy day away with.

The one problem I found with this book was about the debt Cassie had to pay. As the debt was accrued by her father and not herself or her spouse Cassie wouldn't have been on the hook for any of it. Yes, she would inherit the debt but she would have been able to write it off.
Falak
Honestly, every time I read another Lietha Wards book, the end result is always the same.....me feeling happy, giddy, head over heels in love and yes wanting more, more and more!
Le
So far I like this book. Blake is a little grumpy, but Cassie seems to be handling her self nicely.
Lianna
Cute story.
Audra
Audra added it
Jul 19, 2014
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Queenie
Queenie marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • The Billionaire’s Bargain
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Damiano's Return
  • The Rancher's Virgin Acquisition
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #830)
  • Aftershocks
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Chase the Moon
  • The Buccaneer
  • To Wed in Texas (The McLain Series 3)
The Billionaire's Secret Desire Lumber and Lace Out of the Ashes The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1) The Greek Tycoon's Runaway Bride