Start by marking “Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes

Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes (Goosebumps #34)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  2,826 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best selling classic. Now with bonus materials!

Two pink flamingos. A whole family of plaster skunks. Joe Burton's dad loves those tacky lawn ornaments. But then he brings home two ugly lawn gnomes. And that's when the trouble starts.
Late at night, When everyone's asleep.
Someone's creeping in the garden. Whispering nasty thin
Published April 1st 2011 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes

Bryce Behn
The book "Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes" was a great book! I love these books because they're supposed to be scary, but to me they're funny. I would recommend this book to younger children looking for a good, scary read. I really enjoyed this book because it was a pretty easy read for me. My favorite character was Moose. Moose was a funny character; kind of reminds me of my friend, Mason. Moose likes to rough house with people and play a lot of pranks on them. The other character's name is Joe. He ...more
Tracey
You don't trust dolls or lawn ornaments or mannequins or puppets that come to life. I mean, NEVER! That shit creeps me out to the max.
Donald Armfield
Lawn gnomes always looked cool to me. Hanging out on a persons lawn with their pointy hats and beards. One day I hope to have a house with lawn gnomes.

Joe's summer has begun and something is causung mischief in his yard and the neighbors yard. After getting grounded for "not painting faces on the neighbors melons, growing in his garden" Joe and his best friend goes out in the middle of the night and find out who is squashing gardens.

The end is suspenseful with over one hundred lawn gnomes chant
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Isaac Danke
"Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes" is the best and greatest book I have ever read in my entire lifetime. This story has to be the best "Goosebumps" book R.L. Stine has ever written. It's about two lawn gnomes that come to life when nobody is watching. The main character, Moose, sees the gnomes moving and creates a plan to catch them! I would recommend this book to almost anyone, because it will hook you into the story very early on and it is a very easy read.
Christian Serdon
This was also an amazing book of the Goosebumps franchise. And like The Girl Who Cried Monster, this slapped the shit outta me.

And yes, I actually debated myself back then what is the correct pronunciation of 'gnome', and I realized it was awesome and I researched words that have the same rule.

Well, the gnomes are actually moving when nighttime comes and they do shitty things that only the three (If I am correct the protagonists are three in here) protagonists can observe and see and so they con
Marts  (Thinker)
...don't trust lawn ornaments, you never know what they're up to...
Josiah
One thing that has long impressed me about R.L. Stine is the variety of descriptions he gives for the characters in his stories. No two people are ever described in quite the same way in the Goosebumps books; they're tall, rail-thin and wear all pink, making them look like a flamingo, or are the only short, pudgy, dark-haired member of their family surrounded by tall, skinny blondes, or they have any of a practically endless variety of other characteristics that allow the reader to clearly and ...more
Jinbin
Joe and Mindy's father bought home two lawn gnomes and named then Hap and Chip from the lawn ornament store. Something strange starts to happen after they bring home the gnomes. Their neighbor, Mr. McCall's casaba melons are smashed, his car is covered with black paint, all the troubles begin to happen. Later, Joe suspects all the troubles are caused by the two gnomes. However, no one believes him when he tries to inform them that the gnomes are alive. Joe attempts to convince his friend Moose a ...more
Kayla Anderson
I give this book 4 stars because it was the first chapter book I ever read. I remember going into the library and the librarian was showing all of the older grades the new Goosebumps series they got in. I wanted so badly to read one, but she would only allow certain grades to check these out. She did make an exception for me and had me read the first couple of pages to her for proof that I could read it (it was above my reading level, of course).

I was ecstatic when she let me check the book out!
David Santos
I almost did not read this. I started reading it but the Moose character seemed...how can I say this nicely...stupid! And compared to other characters he was! Poorly written. The story is kind of typical for all Goosebumps books. The parents never believe their child when he tells them the Gnomes are alive. Spending the next few chapters trying to convince and prove. It was good to see what the gnomes were going to do next, but I skipped the interaction between the son and parents, because its a ...more
Kevin
In this book called Goosebumps my favorite characters are Moose, Mindy and Joe.I like them because they were the only ones who knew about the gnomes. In the book the gnomes would sneak at night and cause mischief to the humans and ruin their garden. I really like Joe because he was being truthful to everyone and he was the hero who saved them from the gnomes kidnapping them at a store. I think the gnomes weren’t so dangerous in the book, I would be able to handle a situation like that if gnomes ...more
Henry Tetini
I really enjoy reading this book so far.

I started reading it but the Moose character seemed...how can I say this nicely...stupid! And compared to other characters he was! Poorly written. The story is kind of typical for all Goosebumps books. The parents never believe their child when he tells them the Gnomes are alive. so far through this book is very good n recommend others to read.

I recommend this book to others that are interested in this series of Goosebumps. This book is very weird and str
Darnaysha
The lesson i learned from this book, was to trust no one. i knew something was messed up with these Gnomes from the first chapter of this book. By the end of the book, the Gnomes told him that all they wanted to do was get home,so they helped him by showing compassion. but when they did they ended up being surrounded by many more gnomes that were trying to kill them. if the dog wasnt there to save them they would have and it out alive. i say i learned the lesson never trust anyone because it can ...more
Kristi Handayani
sampai akhir cerita masih belum jelas kurcaci-kurcaci itu asalnya dari mana.
Freshy
nafrustrate...gnomes can be much more creepy.
Tracy
Oct 14, 2008 Tracy rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of r.l. stine's younger "scaries"
I wanted to read this book because of its teaser chapter at the end of some other book I was reading that summer (back in the day). I just knew it was going to be a great, cool book. Well, big shocker to me, I hated it. I hated the story, I hated the characters, I hated the writing. Alas, it was a middle-reader book that could not cross generation gaps and bring all together in the end. Though I still have fond memories of the silly tv show about these books (in a "oh-isn't-that-wickedly-[in-a-k ...more
Keifer
This was a thriller don't worry young ones you do not have to shield your eyes. It was not to horrifying. It probably would be a disapointment to the older ones though. It seems like it will get intense but turns into a series of small laughs. It seems kinda real though and makes you hate lawn ornaments. I would say all 9 and younger would enjoy 10 and older would think this is babyish as i did.
Ellen Shull
Ok, so this isn't exactly in the normal range of things I read, but hey, it's about lawn gnomes... lol. I found the bullying behavior of the Moose character to be a bit obnoxious, and it wasn't exactly high literature by any stretch of the imagination, but there are worse ways to spend an hour when you're sick and not running at full power.
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

This book was too formulaic, and not in a good way. It had the same false cliffhangers from previous books, and it just wasn't that scary or interesting. Not a very memorable entry in the Goosebumps canon.

Read from October 9, 2013 - October 9, 2013
Victoria Angelone
My favorite Goosebumps book ever!!!
Taylor Brooks
It was really good. Summary: Gnomes cause a lot of mischief. Character trait: Joe likes to hit ping pong balls over his sister's head. Most important event: Joe and his sis get tricked. Recommendation: I recommend this book for people who like R.L. Stine.
Tay wrote this book report.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Tyrell Warner
One of the weaker Goosebumps books but still good for a laugh or two. The use of lawn gnomes as malevolent entities was a strange and somewhat unpredictable choice but the plot is as predictable as they come for teen/youth horror.
Jessie Radford
This book will forever make children and adults a like look at lawn ornaments differently. The next time your in the yard and something isn't where you left it you better check to make sure they yard gnome hasn't left it's place.
Cindy
I rated every book that I read during childhood 5 stars.
Why? Well because that was a time in my life when I loved every single thing I read. And because they bring back fond memories. Ah, the joys of being young!
Brittany Perry
This book was okay to me. It wasn't my fav goosebumps book, but I guess that's because I thought it was a rather boring ending. I mean a dog whistle really? While it was original it was just too boring of an end
Drucilla
It's a really neat premise and I didn't find any of the characters annoying. Although, I am curious as to why the family didn't just put up a fence to keep the dog out of the neighbors yard.
kaitlin
May 07, 2012 kaitlin is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
this would be a book for 9,8,7 year olds butt i really enjoyed this book ^now i hate lawn gnomes cause of....................you have to read this to find out.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Berke
Read it but this did not meet to my expectations. I could not take the threat/antagonists seriously.

Suggest you skip this book and read the better books by the author.
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Suspicion (Animorphs, #24)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)