Start by marking “Classic Thrillers” as Want to Read:
Classic Thrillers

Classic Thrillers

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  10 reviews
DraculaWe have all grown up under the shadow of the elegant Count, at once an attractive, brutal and erotic creature of the night. This classic horror story expressing the most persistent nightmare of the human condition, is brought to life by a skilled and imaginative cast, coupled with authentic 'monster music', from the golden age of 1940s horror movies, a 'Dracula' bal ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published September 1st 2001 by Naxos Audiobooks (first published 1897)

To ask other readers questions about Classic Thrillers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic Thrillers

Jewel Allen
I read Frankenstein first. This book I'd rate two stars. Slow start, but the fifth chapter was as good as promised. Terrifying premise, and very real. And then some of the later chapters switched to philosophical treatise, which wasn't as interesting. I skipped over a lot of those. The story of how this novel evolved was the amazing part; the author was only 18/19, Lord Byron challenged her and other writers to write a horror story, and she had this dream.

The four stars of this review was really
Jim
Having of course seen the movies and variations on the movies, I thought this would be enjoyable. Both books were far from the modern fiction and most enjoyable. Dracula particularly with the descriptions of the visit to the castle.
Somer Schaffer
I didn't read Frankenstein, too much of the same context and genre for me. Sometime I'll get to Shelley's book, but right now I need some modern romance.
David
Both classics for very good reasons, these books should be read especially by people who are familiar with the stories only from the movies.
Joanie
Even though I didn't love either book that much I loved that they were combined in one volume here. The two books are just meant to be together.
Marts  (Thinker)
Two classic horror stories merged into one book, i don't think modern horror could touch these two.
Katie
Apr 25, 2008 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: classic monster book readers
Really good. Both books are monster classics that can be understood in modern times!
Nanka
i want read this book very much
Sheri
Great Halloween read...muah haha
John
fiction,fantasy
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Autumn Philip
Autumn Philip marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Gehmaima Hill
Gehmaima Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Glese
Glese marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Jennifer is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2014
  • Ghosts: A Treasury of Chilling Tales Old & New
  • The Grin of the Dark
  • The Goonies
  • Uncanny X-Men: The New Age, Volume 2: The Cruelest Cut
  • Les Misérables: Jean Valjean
  • Donny Deutsch's Big Idea: How To Make Your Entrepreneurial Dreams Come True, From The AHA Moment To Your First Million
  • Pork Pie Hat
  • Sewing 101: A Beginner's Guide to Sewing
  • Stories by O. Henry
  • The Magic of M.C. Escher
  • Three Gothic Novels : The Castle of Otranto ~ Vathek ~ Frankenstein
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Strange Tales
  • The Big Book of Small Stuff: 100 of the Best Inspirations from Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
  • Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace
  • The Exorcist & Legion: Two Screenplays
  • Monster: A Novel of Frankenstein
  • Catwoman, Vol. 1: Trail of the Catwoman
  • Seuss-isms
He was born Abraham Stoker in 1847 at 15 Marino Crescent – then as now called "The Crescent" – in Fairview, a coastal suburb of Dublin, Ireland. His parents were Abraham Stoker and the feminist Charlotte Mathilda Blake Thornely. Stoker was the third of seven children. Abraham and Charlotte were members of the Clontarf Church of Ireland parish and attended the parish church (St. John the Baptist lo ...more
More about Bram Stoker...
Dracula Dracula's Guest Dracula: Usborne Classics Retold Lair of the White Worm The Jewel of Seven Stars