Literature: Reading and Writing the Human Experience

Literature: Reading and Writing the Human Experience

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A proven classroom favorite for more than three decades, this anthology continues to appeal to students and instructors with its broad range of enticing stories, poems, plays, and essays and its flexible structure. The arrangement by both theme and genre encourages students to think deeply about crucial topics while they learn about the four main genres of literature. The
Published October 28th 1999 by Bedford Books (first published January 1st 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Literature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Literature

Donna
This was an anthology so it is pretty diverse. It was the textbook for an English Comp II course but I read extra out of it as well.
I challenged myself by looking at & trying to answer some of the conclusion questions. Not very helpful if you're doing it on an individual basis. You kinda need that feedback.
It was a fair to good text.
Venus Smurf
I chose this for one of my basic English courses, and it's been a great pick so far. The book offers a very nice selection of short stories, plays, and poetry, and it has several sections to help students with formal writing assignments. It hasn't been too expensive, at least for a textbook, which always helps.
Manda Keeton
Wonderful collection that I read primarily during my angsty senior year of high school. I remember thinking it was beautifully organized and did capture something of the human spirit.
Bill Shannon
7th edition. Changed my life. No exaggeration.
Lauren
timely and personally meaningful over years.
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Alexis
Alexis is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
Zula
Zula marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Jesuly Perez
Jesuly Perez marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Damoun Patterson
Damoun Patterson marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Chrisyo
Chrisyo marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
♥!♥Licious♥!♥
♥!♥Licious♥!♥ marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Olivia Fan
Olivia Fan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Olivia Fan
Olivia Fan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Joe Lykins
Joe Lykins is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Literature: The Human Experience, Shorter Edition: Reading and Writing Words In Flight; An Introduction To Poetry Literature 10th (tenth) edition Text Only Everything's An Argument With Readings 3e And Literature 8e Shorter: A Portable Guide The Bedford Handbook