Start by marking “Into the Deep (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #216)” as Want to Read:
Into the Deep (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #216)

Into the Deep (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #216)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Ben Dearinger got hold of a flash drive carrying deadly secrets, the scuba diver did the only thing he could. He buried it—fathoms deep. Now a drug cartel wants the evidence back, and they're willing to threaten Ben's ex-girlfriend Nikki Hoffman to get it. Although Nikki caused him no end of heartache, forgetting her has been impossible, and Ben would risk anything to ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Deep

Stephanie
The plot and characters were realistic, interesting and held my attention but the Spanish was awful. Excellent reading if you don't know Spanish.
Title: INTO THE DEEP
Author: Virginia Smith
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
October 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-44413-7
Genre: Inspirational/romantic suspense

Ben Dearinger accidentally comes across a flash drive hidden in the back of his toilet tank. Not knowing what to do with it, and afraid to take it to the police, Ben buries it fathoms deep. But it isn’t safe even there. Someone wants that flash drive back, and they are willing to bring Ben’s ex-girlfriend, Nikki Hoffman into the picture to get it.

Ni
Jodi
Into the Deep takes a "standard" miscommunication/misunderstanding romance plot and turns it into something much more. Ben and Nikki had been in love but he wasn't interested in having more committment than his next dive and Nikki didn't believe there was a future for them, not once she found herself pregnant. It turns out not to be a coincidence that they run into each other again in Key West. Only now the stakes are much higher. As a suspense novel, there are plenty of conspiracies, guns and s ...more
Ausjenny
Another wonderful book by Virginia Smith. The story is set in Florida and Mexico where Ben is a dive instructor. Its been a couple of years since Ben and Nikki have seen each other and it starts a series of events which get quite dangerous. I have never been scuba diving and during the book this is featured and rather than just being a bystander I felt like I left with a new understanding of some issues to deal with scuba diving I didn't know before. The story is fast passed with alot of excitem ...more
Christina
The characters are very realistic and I cried with them and felt pure raw emotion flow through me with each word I read.
Sandra
With this book, Virginia brings her readers a suspenseful, romantic tale they can dive right into (yes, pun intended) from the very first page. She has a way with description that has you escaping along with her main characters. For instance, take the first sentence of Chapter One, "Double rows of razor-sharp teeth gleamed wickedly beneath a dead black eye." Great for raising the hairs on the arms. The story moves quickly with a lot of action and romantic tension.
Suzanne Williams
Though this book had a familiar storyline, the fast-paced plot really held my interest and kept me guessing. I didn't see the ending coming, though I had figured it'd turn out okay. I liked the twist on the romance, that the couple knew each other before. The Christian content was well integrated and not overpowering. It was a great quick read for an evening.
Judine
I was a bit troubled by Ben and Nikki's past, but the set-up of the suspense between the two of them is well-drawn. This is also one of the few books where we get to watch one of the characters go through a conversion process and Ben's is thoughtfully described (if a bit abrupt).
Jessica
Possibly my favorite (so far) of Virginia Smith's thrillers! I'm mortally afraid of sharks, and diving, and drowning, so the tension here is extra high!
LaFae
I have never been scuba diving,
If I was younger I might like to try it
sounds like fun
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Teresa Martin
Teresa Martin marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Savannah Jackson
Savannah Jackson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Patricia Harvey
Patricia Harvey is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 28, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
VIRGINIA SMITH is the bestselling author of twenty-four novels, an illustrated children’s book, and over fifty articles and short stories. An avid reader with eclectic tastes in fiction, Ginny writes in a variety of styles, from lighthearted relationship stories to breath-snatching suspense. Her books have been finalists in ACFW’s Carol Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence in Mystery/S ...more
More about Virginia Smith...
Stuck in the Middle (Sister to Sister, #1) Age before Beauty (Sister-to-Sister, #2) Third Time's a Charm (Sister-to-Sister, #3) Just as I Am Sincerely, Mayla (Just As I Am, #2)