Start by marking “Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home” as Want to Read:

Going Raw combines the beauty and flavor of a gourmet cookbook with everyday recipes that are practical for the real-world home chef. There are utilitarian books that offer a lot of great basics but do not illuminate the content with stylish and instructional photography. Going Raw promises the basics (kitchen gear, pantry ingredients, how to plan your grocery shopping and ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Going Raw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Raw

Alisa
May 08, 2012 Alisa rated it it was amazing
This summer all I felt like eating was raw foods: salads, smoothies, etc. The heat and humidity killed any desire in me for cooking. So I decided to buy a raw food cookbook to give me more ideas. This one is great. It is a very good introduction to preparing raw meals. The best part is the pictures, which look amazing, and the recipes are delicious. My husband was very suspicious of it at first, but I think he ended up liking many of the recipes even more than I did! There are recipes for smooth ...more
Michelle
Aug 01, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: raw-food
I love the lay out, detailed and beautiful photos, and of course the recipes. Thai Green Bean Salad was a big hit with some non-raw foodies. Cheers!
Sep 17, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Loved this book! The author takes you step by step through many difficult preparation techniques (getting the water and meat out of a coconut, for example) and goes in depth about soaking, sprouting, all about raw food if you're just starting out, and best yet, her recipes are actually do-able! Most of her recipes are quick and easy to prepare, especially if you follow her advice and always have certain things on hand (soaked and dried nuts, sprouts, lots of veggies). This is one the books I wou ...more
Tim Kubiak
Jan 26, 2013 Tim Kubiak rated it liked it
This isn't a cook book for everyone but neither is a raw food diet. The Photography is beautiful, the approach is refreshing for what could be considered a life style book. It encourages incorporating raw food/meals to a level that suits you and also addresses some vegetarian hang ups about eating honey.

While there is no doubt that some of the recipes require a few specialty tools the author admits that her first year eating raw started with the basics (a normal blender, knife, food processor)
Jenny
Sep 19, 2011 Jenny rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. And after what a flop the last raw food cookbook I read was, I almost didn't read it. I am so glad though, as this book really renewed the raw food movement for me.

First of all, this book is beautiful to look at. It is filled with tons of color pictures, not just of the finished product but of steps along the way. The information is great; there is even actual scientific evidence/studies mentioned to back up what was said.

Again, I could never, and would never, (at thi
Melissa
Sep 04, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I really like this book. The pictures are appetizing and it really helped me commit to adding more raw foods to my diet. My only issue is that many of the foods use a dehydrator and I don't have one as of yet to use... so I need some simple ideas until I get one. I guess this author has another book that has recipes that are more simple for every day... and I guess I would need that one, as I don't have time to work on many of these recipes.
Diana
Oct 15, 2012 Diana rated it it was amazing
When I became interested in the Raw Vegan diet, this book made it effortless to start! Judita's recipes are simple enough for a working 'cook', and absolutely delicious. My favorite is the Chia Pudding...my meat-eating boyfriend still asks me to make it for him :). Even though I'm not currently practicing a full Raw diet, I try to incorporate as much raw food into my diet as possible, and this book has become a staple in my household.
Annie Bazinet
Superbe bouquin, beaucoup de belles photos des plats présentés. Il y a également les étapes pas à pas de certaines démarches. J'ai adoré la créativité, mais comme tout bon livre de recettes crues, ça demande beaucoup de travail et préparation à l'avance, quoique le résultat semble en valoir la peine.
Seul autre désavantage, il faut ABSOLUMENT un déshydrateur pour faire les recettes de ce livre. Alors je repousse son acquisition à mon achat de la dite machine ;)
Mariantheduke
May 26, 2012 Mariantheduke rated it really liked it
So far, so good. Easy recipes. Step-by-step instructions. Pictures and illustrations clarify almost everything...a great starter book. DVD is a bit of a joke, but some good advice, nonetheless. I've been slowly transitioning into raw foods over the past year, and have been building up my arsenal, if you will...I've got all the equipment, so following her recipes has been a breeze.
Zoph
Apr 24, 2012 Zoph rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginning/introduction to Raw foods. Plus the DVD is also nice to watch and informative ; ) Nice, clear and simple instructions to follow with bright and colorful pictures.
Sandy  Kemp
Jan 20, 2012 Sandy Kemp rated it really liked it
Gorgeous photos. Many wonderful ideas. First thing I tried was vietnamese salad. We all loved it! I'll be making that again. I'll be trying lots of other recipes.

I might buy this one!
Natalie
Aug 06, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice introduction to living "raw." Great photographs and good equipment recommendations. However, I would have liked more recipes.
Elaine
Feb 23, 2013 Elaine rated it liked it
I was looking foursome easy ideas for adding more raw foods to my diet. If you like to spend time in the kitchen you might love this book. I want something quick and easy.
LaTricia
Feb 12, 2013 LaTricia rated it it was amazing
Still one of my favorite raw food books.
L.
Jun 01, 2012 L. rated it really liked it
Probably the best raw food intro I have found. The author understands that most of us cannot afford an Excalibur dehydrator or may not want to be on a completely raw food diet. Very encouraging.
Hannah
Jun 06, 2011 Hannah rated it it was amazing
New recipes are always wonderful and these are exceptional.
Cyndi Wallis
Oct 20, 2015 Cyndi Wallis rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite raw foods books. I am slowly making my way through the recipes and every one has been delicious. Beautiful and inspiring pictures make it easy to want to make the dishes.
Vendula B
Aug 26, 2016 Vendula B rated it really liked it
NICE!
Sandy
Mar 27, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-nutrition
This book came with a DVD (short and simple videos of basics) and I really like both. I have a shelf just for cookbooks like this and it is one I have jotted down all sorts of things to make!
Kristine Wexler
I love this cookbook. It has interesting raw food recipes. Many of the main courses require a dehydrator though so be prepared to either skip those recipes or buy a dehydrator.
Marie
Aug 12, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookery
There are some very good recipes, but unless you are someone who can't eat anything BUT raw foods, there is limited appeal.
Sarah Kelsey
May 21, 2011 Sarah Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
This is the best starting-raw-foodism book that I've read. The book is colorful and hits the basic recipes one needs when one starts to eat differently.
Christina
Feb 20, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
This will be a useful one.
Sandra
Aug 19, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Very good resource book for going raw. Lots of pictures of recipes. It has tips and cooking techniques and show you how to perform them. The recipes are simple & easy to do.
Karla Montgomery
Karla Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Alicia B.
Alicia B. rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Judy Rush
Judy Rush rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2017
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Practically RAW: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make
  • Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food
  • Live Raw: Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
  • Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
  • Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw
  • Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • Big Vegan
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • Chloe's Vegan Desserts: More than 100 Exciting New Recipes for Cookies and Pies, Tarts and Cobblers, Cupcakes and Cakes--and More!
  • The Raw 50: 10 Amazing Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Drinks for Your Raw Food Lifestyle
  • Green Smoothies Diet: The Natural Program for Extraordinary Health
  • 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Addiction to Cooked Food
  • Color Me Vegan: Maximize Your Nutrient Intake and Optimize Your Health by Eating Antioxidant-Rich, Fiber-Packed, Color-Intense Meals That Taste Great
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
After struggling with health issues during my acting/modeling days many years ago, I found the raw food diet to be very healing and balancing. Today I love to empower others to take control of their health. As a raw food chef and holistic health coach, I believe healthy food should also be delicious food, so I created two recipe books to inspire people to eat well and be well.
More about Judita Wignall...