Start by marking “The Ultimate Journey” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Journey

The Ultimate Journey (The Ultimate Gift #3)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  171 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Jim Stovall has penned three delightful parables for anyone who wants to be inspired or give the gift of inspiration. In The Ultimate Gift, Jason Stevens learns to appreciate the value of his life, while in The Ultimate Life, he learns the value of love. Now, in the touching conclusion to the trilogy, Jason learns that life’s journey is all about traveling well—not about t ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Journey

Gail Welborn
Oct 22, 2011 Gail Welborn rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews

The Ultimate Journey, a Novel, by Jim Stovall, David C. Cook, 2011, 176 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1434703149, $14.99

“James, I’ve seen my last doctor…it’s time to make some plans…never thought much about dying…there’s got to be a right way to do it,” said “Red” Stevens from the backseat of the stretch limousine.

James, longtime chauffeur and friend, pulled away from the curb, saddened at the news. From lengthy limousine conversations he knew the regret Red lived with. Knew that while Red Stevens “had b
Tara
Apr 10, 2014 Tara rated it it was ok
Ugh... such a major disappointment! I read the Ultimate Gift years ago and I absolutely loved it. I didn't know there were additional books until I was browsing through the library and I happened to find this book on CD. I was thrilled to learn that there was not only the Ultimate Journey, but also the Ultimate Life written after the Ultimate Gift. I eagerly played the CD and made a mental note to also check out the Ultimate Life. Only a couple of chapters into the book I realized that it was a ...more
Victor Gentile
Aug 19, 2011 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Ultimate Journey" Book Three in the Ultimate series written by Jim Stovall has been released in audiobook format by Christian Audio and is available from them at Christian Audio (http://christianaudio.com) and is narrated by Paul Michael.

Jason Stevens has lived through both "The Ultimate Gift" and "The Ultimate Life" and has learned quite a bit about life and the living of it from experience and from video made especially for him by his grandfather, Red Stevens. Now in this last adventure J
Victor Gentile
Dec 09, 2011 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Jim Stovall in his new book, "The Ultimate Journey" Book Three in the Ultimate Gift series published by David C. Cook takes us back into the life of Jason Stevens.

From the press release: "Jason Stevens has really worked to get his life back. He managed to impress a judge and win back an alienated family in spite of a difficult lawsuit. He even won the heart of Alexia, the girl he loves. Now, Jason's deceased grandfather, Red Stevens, has one last gift for him. As Jason and Alexia are driven to t
Jul 20, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: THE ULTIMATE JOURNEY
Author: Jim Stovall
Publisher: David C. Cook
June 2011
ISBN: 978-1-4347-0314-9
Genre: Inspirational/general/fiction

I never read the first two books in this series, but I did see the movie The Ultimate Gift. I thought this book would be kind of similar to the movie, but it starts out with Jason and Alexia getting married in front of a judge, and then opening a wedding present of Red Steven’s diary and another DVD for them as they go on their wedding journey.

It talks about
Nate LaClaire
Jul 13, 2011 Nate LaClaire rated it it was amazing
How do you define success? In The Ultimate Journey, Jim Stovall’s third novel following the life of Jason Stevens, the reader takes a look at this question through the life of Jason’s grandfather, Red. As Jason and his new bride, Alexia, begin their journey together, we are given a glimpse into true success through the eyes of Red’s personal chauffeur and through Red’s diary. This is done using the 12 gifts from Stovall’s first novel, The Ultimate Gift, as the basis.

Like The Ultimate Gift, I fou
Kim Justice
Oct 06, 2012 Kim Justice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

My Review:

Jim Stovall has done it again, The Ultimate Journey is the last book in this series, The Ultimate Gift. I so enjoyed the movie with the same title, but reading the three books have sent me on quite a journey of my own. With that being said I will set out to tell you a little about the last book titled The Ultimate Journey.

This book starts where Jason and Alexia have gotten married and are leaving for their honeymoon. And as usual Mr. Hamilton gives Jason a gift to open on their way. T
Nicki
What a delightful audiobook this is. I haven’t come across this Trilogy before, so it really has been a joy discovering Jim Stovall and the Stevens. The writing style translates very well to an audiobook. At times I could see the different characters very clearly, and in particular that diary that is mentioned throughout.
There are a great many lessons here for everyone to listen to and take something away to help live your life better. I loved so many chapters and particularly liked the ones abo
Cornelia Wilson
Sep 11, 2014 Cornelia Wilson rated it really liked it
Easy read. Good life lessons. A book to keep as reference, especially knowing we are all human and getting stuck in our self importance make us loose sight of what really matters. Most spectacular things in life started with an idea and a lot of hard work, dedication and sharing of the benefits reaped.
Diddier
Apr 28, 2015 Diddier rated it liked it
It is the third book of the trilogy, so you have to read it. This book is kind of a rerun of the other two, so It would make a great summary. I did highlight many paragraphs, as it has some new good points and phrases, but most had already been said.
If you read The Ultimate Gift and The Ultimate Journey, finish the job and read this one, and if you haven't read the previous ones, I highly recommend them.
Michael Rodgers
Not the best written story; flow of story line over all was good, however the continuity of that line was a bit lacking
Wayne
Dec 17, 2012 Wayne rated it liked it
After a dissapointing 2nd book in the series, this book redeemed the values as set out in the Ultinate Gift. Although there was again a lot of repetition of the first 2 books, The Ultimate Journey concluded the series on the right tone and leaves a lasting impact of the principals learn't. Often a book can have a profound impact on the reader but there is always the danger that too much repetition of the same principals can dilute the initial impact.
John Minton
Jan 07, 2016 John Minton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Awesome read I couldn't put it down until I finished it! I recommend everyone to read it. But read the others first , my mistake.
Coke
Aug 31, 2012 Coke added it
A very good book about life.
Quotes: "Life is indeed a gift. Often, it takes us on a journey to faraway places to be met with exciting people and transforming experiences. Then, inevitably, our journey leads us back into the familiar place where we started, but we are somehow changed as we go home to a place we've never been before."
Terri
Nov 27, 2011 Terri rated it liked it
A spoiled and entitled grandson begins a new life with a new wife, sbsorbing the lessons his grandfather provided him. Kinda reminded me of the Celestine Prophecy in a way. A little story with the lessons interwoven. A nice read with a lot of truth in it.
Suzanne
Apr 19, 2012 Suzanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012-books-read
The book was an extension of the ultimate Gift but filled in some of the holes in the grandfather's life that made him who he was. It didn't add any ore insight than the Ultimate Gift which is excellent.
Ben
Dec 29, 2013 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the series

What's there to write? This is another great book in the series, and a good ending. You will enjoy reading it.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Sep 21, 2012 Aruna Kumar Gadepalli rated it really liked it
Interesting book on life in general. Newly married couple on their journey try to read the diary and find out various aspects of life.
Kristin
Feb 23, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I love this book! Such a great and uplifting message. :)
Karen Stoller
Mar 30, 2013 Karen Stoller rated it it was amazing
Following Jason's journey has been amazing - and inspiring.
Sumeet Jain
Sep 30, 2013 Sumeet Jain rated it it was amazing
This one is the best
Madelynn
Oct 23, 2011 Madelynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
Incredible.
Jerry Bolen
Jerry Bolen rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Cheryl Houser
Cheryl Houser rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Robin Beard
Robin Beard marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Lorene
Lorene marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Selena Lundy
Selena Lundy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Georgios
Georgios rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Eric Cook
Eric Cook rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
  • The God Hater
  • Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship
  • Grace Unplugged
  • Permission to Speak Freely: Essays and Art on Fear, Confession, and Grace
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day
  • Jesus Manifesto
  • Thief (The Brides of Alba #2)
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • The Unbreakable Boy: A Father's Fear, a Son's Courage, and a Story of Unconditional Love
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • She Makes It Look Easy
  • Risen: The Novelization of the Major Motion Picture
Jim Stovall has been a national champion Olympic weightlifter, the President of the Emmy Award-winning Narrative Television Network, and a highly sought after author and platform speaker. He is the author of the best selling book, The Ultimate Gift, which is a major motion picture starring James Garner and Abigail Breslin. He is also author of The Ultimate Life and The Ultimate Journey, which have ...more
More about Jim Stovall...

The Ultimate Gift (4 books)
  • The Ultimate Gift
  • The Ultimate Life
  • The Gift of a Legacy (The Ultimate Gift)

“A journey should never be judged by the destination or mode of transportation. It should be judged by the friends who accompany us on the trip.” 1 likes
“Somehow love from the past can be felt in the present and accompany us on our journey into the future.” 0 likes