Start by marking “The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness” as Want to Read:
The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness

A renowned intuitive and visionary shows you how to know what you need to know just when you need to know it.

Intuition is not a rare gift that only a gifted few possess but an innate human capacity that can be enhanced and developed. Synthesizing insights from psychology, East- West philosophy, religion, metaphysics, and business, this hands-on workbook in the tradition of
Published October 6th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Intuitive Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intuitive Way

Yaaresse
A good book -- in spite of the high left field woo-woo title -- about listening to that little voice in the back of your head that often gives the best advice. Intuition is often "simply" getting all the members of the inner peanut gallery to shut up for a few minutes so you can pay attention to what you've already seen, heard, felt, etc., but not yet acknowledged.

The book has a bunch of exercises that would take weeks (months) to work through, and so I will probably revisit this at a slower pa
Mandi
Dec 21, 2016 Mandi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Zero Stars. NEW AGE GARBAGE. I PRAY YOU FIND JESUS <3
Claudia
Nov 10, 2008 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: logical people; creative people
Recommended to Claudia by: my mom
Shelves: mind-opening
Do you make lists? Logically set up your day? Think a lot? Rarely find time to sit and just, well, let your mind randomly wander?

Do you want to mix it up a little? Maybe throw a little intuition in there and see what happens?

Penney Peirce wrote "The Intuitive Way" for you: people who want to access a subtle and often underused personal strength - intuition.

Is it a self-help book? Sure, though it's also a good read in terms of encouraging one's creativity to blossom, and in terms of thinking abou
Arminda Lindsay
I take a lot for granted. That was my biggest learning having read this book. I was raised on intuition; I was taught to recognize it from my early childhood, although we didn't call it intuition.

Having been raised as a Christian, intuition was given other names, but the process for listening and attuning and experiencing it are all the same.

For that reason, alone, I'm giving this three stars -- because I got bored.

I'm aware there are a lot of people who are learning the process and for you,
Julie Franks-Murray
This book is quickly shaping up to be the go-to manual for understanding and developing intuition, which, in my opinion, is THE work of the new consciousness. It's laid out in the same style as The Artist's Way, filled with tips, tools, and exercises intended to get you on the path toward greater intuitive living.
VL
Sep 27, 2012 VL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book. I think it would be perfect for whatever stage you are at in your connection to your intuition, and I think it is a book you could revisit over and over again throughout your life, learning something new along the way.
Lindsay
May 09, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
It's not only a good book for the basics but also full of prompts. For those who wish to turn their intuition into practice: that's the book you need. Sometimes it's a little bit difficult to keep up with everything, yet the exercises are very interesting.
Lindy
A great place to start writing down your thoughts and connecting with the inner wisdom that is your birthright. Unlock the creative spirit within and let it guide you in your times of free writing and creative play.
Gina
Dec 09, 2008 Gina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I only did the first few chapters of this book and it is sitting next to my bed begging me to pick it up and really work through all the tasks.
Worth buying and exploring if you are into this kind of thing
Kris
May 04, 2016 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychic-journey
I took me just shy of four years to read this whole book. I'm a completist, what can I say?
I thoroughly enjoyed the readings and exercises, and I can say, with certainty, that my intuition and spiritual nature has expanded by leaps and bounds over the last 4 years.
Melissa
Oct 23, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to go through slowly, learning to read and trust your "inner voice" as opposed to the mental chatter.
Eve Adamson
May 10, 2011 Eve Adamson rated it liked it
So far, the best part is what I've gotten out of my own brain through the journaling prompts. Which, I suppose, is the whole point of a book like this.
Tracy
Oct 14, 2010 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I got to read of it was good. I will have to buy another copy because I lent it out and it has since been lost. The exercises in the book were very useful and easy to follow.
Sharon Bingham
Jun 13, 2012 Sharon Bingham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, I like this book. It takes time to get through this book because of the exercises. It takes practice, time, and patience.
Marilyn Zeiler
Feb 01, 2011 Marilyn Zeiler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good fundamentals for the meditative practicioner
Nicole Buompensiero
Nicole Buompensiero rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Ray West
Ray West rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Anne Dillon
Anne Dillon rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Cheryl Jarvis
Cheryl Jarvis rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Tulasi Adeva
Tulasi Adeva rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
William Jr.
William Jr. rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Urzala
Urzala rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2013
Debra Moffitt
May 19, 2016 Debra Moffitt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book on intuition with a gentle, kind touch. I highly recommend "The Intuitive Way."
Christopher DeGraffenreid
Christopher DeGraffenreid rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Stanley Hall
May 28, 2010 Stanley Hall is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I did not realize just how valuable intuition is to every decision we make.
Cs Park
Cs Park rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
Monika Zands
Monika Zands rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Tessa
Tessa rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Gwen Williams
Gwen Williams rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Mackennzie
Mackennzie rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • Dancing the Dream: The Seven Sacred Paths Of Human Transformation
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Finding Your Way Home - Soul Survival Kit - Tools For Discovering Your Emotional And Spiritual Power
  • How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Practical Intuition
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Ariadne's Thread: A Workbook of Goddess Magic
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life
  • Riding Between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential Through the Way of the Horse
  • Mindful Movements: Mindfulness Exercises Developed by Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village Sangha
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies (Llewellyn's Health and Healing Series)
  • Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self Worth
  • The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul
Penney Peirce is the author of a series of popular guidebooks: Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration; The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness; Dreams for Dummies; Dream Dictionary for Dummies; and The Present Moment: A Daybook of Clarity and Intuition. Penney is a gifted intuitive empath and visionary, as well as a popular lecturer, counselor, and trainer speciali ...more
More about Penney Peirce...

“Each moment fully perceived contains eternity. With intuition, trust increases, both in yourself and others. You can see the good reasons for why things happen. You experience less anxiety-producing hopelessness and hopefulness about the past and the future and a more acute awareness of your surroundings. There’s more synchronicity. Inspiration increases. Enthusiasm expands, because when things flow, you feel happy. When you’re happy, creativity and productivity soar and satisfaction becomes profound. For instance, you rush frantically to the grocery store to do the weekly shopping, squeezing in the errand between work, time with your children, and repairs on the house. You could make the experience entertaining and magical if you pay attention to the smells, shapes, and colors of the foods and packages and the emotional tones of the people you meet in the aisles. You might enjoy the smooth motion of your grocery cart or notice exactly which piece of fruit your body wants to select.” 1 likes
“your mind a petty tyrant who needs to organize and control the people and environment around you to establish serenity?” 0 likes