Start by marking “Dark Desire” as Want to Read:
Dark Desire

Dark Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #5)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,137 ratings  ·  31 reviews
[#194 Siren Everlasting Classic: Erotic Cowboy Romance, BDSM, sex toys, figging] Hope Sanderson's frustration continues to grow as Ace Tyler, sheriff of Desire, OK, keeps ignoring her efforts to get his attention. She's tried everything she can think of, but he still keeps his distance. Ace knows what Hope's up to and has to convince her that he's the wrong man for her bef ...more
Published May 21st 2010 by Siren-BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Desire

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Ah, yes! UM strikes again with another review of a book from her smutalicious shelf.

Hope Sanderson has been trying to get Ace Tyler to notice her ever since she returned home from college, but Ace knows that his needs are too dark, too sinful for sweet little Hope and so he keeps her at arms distance. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want her, not at all, but he’s certain that once she learns just how deeply dark his sexual desires run, she’ll shut him down instantly. Much to his dismay and annoyanc
Red
Ok there are several things that make this book my favorite, and only one thing that I would have liked to have seen different.

Ms. Brooke lived up to all of my excaptations for ACE....he is one hot alpha male. His demanding personality was just perfect for Hope. She needs a constant to help mellow out her "little" devil side. The sex was scorching, and almost as good was the fact that Hope caught on really quick as to what he was doing and didn't let him get away with it.

I also liked the fact
P.A. Lupton

I usually enjoy a good BDSM book. One of the reasons I like it so much is for the psychological aspect. Why does a person like to be submissive? Why does another like to dominate? It’s an interesting dynamic, and I often enjoy how the author portrays the inner psychological struggle each of the characters experience. One of the other things I love is how intense the relationships are. There is no hiding from each other; everything is laid bare for the other person, desires, fears, and above all
Oleta Blaylock
2011, March 30

There are days that I wish I had more time to read. Especially when I am reading a book as good as this one. I didn't want to put it down and damn if work and husbands didn't get in the way. LOL I think this is my favorite of this series. I loved Ace and Hope. She is such a fun loving brat and he is so very hot and dominate. I can't wait for the next book, hopefully we will find out who is causing all the trouble. I have a whole list of characters I want a story for. If you like Do
Melissa
I read this book because I was curious as to what "figging" was, having not heard the term before.
Don't think it's something I'll be trying.

This is book #5 in the Desire, OK series. I didn't read the previous four books but Desire, OK is a private little town where pretty much any sexual practice is accepted, specifically menage amour (love between 3 or more) and D/s relationships.

In this book, Hope grew up in Desire, the daughter of her Mother and 3 fathers. She's in love with the town's She
Guilty Pleasures
LOVED Ace & Hope, will never be able to look at ginger the same again...will definitely blush next Thanksgiving when I am adding ginger to my pumpkin pies =)

I loved the way Hope would frustrate him, by acting the opposite of what he thought she would, when he would try to push her away. I wish there would have been more of her intentionally pissing him off, sometimes she gave in to easy.

Can't wait for the next story...

The only thing I would like to see a little less of in the series is the a
Jess
I got a little tired of Ace in this book. He kept trying to fight his attraction to Hope, and trying to deny that they had the same interests when it came to sex. Otherwise, I loved it!
Jacqueline
This one missed the mark for me. The bdsm element was weak. He was all 'I am so intense that I will scare her with the darkness of my desires', but in reality there was some spanking and it was all during sex play and some anal stuff. This was all written pretty much in a manner that made it seem very vanilla. The word choices the author used made it seem as if none of the things that the hero did to the heroine challenged her at all. He never pushed her into any sort of 'sub space.' In fact som ...more
Joy

Of all the books in this series, this has one of the most frequent anal play and anal sex, and hardcore domination.

It's what Hope and Ace both need and they're a perfect match, even though Ace avoided her any chance he gets. Hope went after him relentlessly until she got want she wants.

There's the usual criminal and Ace is as frustrated as hell the property damage is being done in his town, without catching any suspects. Ms Brooke wrote about it to shake things up. When Hope was run ove
Mspink
Leah Brooke is one of my favorites. This series is amazing. Who wouldn't want to live in a town like Desire? So she almost always gets 5 stars from me.

That being said, it was great to finally read Ace and Hope's story. I had a feeling from the last book that this was going to be a stubborn journey for both of them. And it definitely was that! So I mentally prepared myself for a rough ride. Ace's refusal to give himself fully to Hope was infuriating at times. But probably what was the most diffic
Dar
This book was calling to me so I had to re-read it - I knew I loved it and know I remember why! Hope is a Desire born-and-bred girl, she recently returned to Desire from college and opened Lady Desire with her sister Charity. Hope has been drawn to, obsessed with, in love with, the town Sheriff, Ace Tyler, since she has been old enough to have feelings. Ace has been in Desire since his teen years, when his dad moved him, his two brothers, and his step-mother there. Dad left and got another new w ...more
Violeta
I didnt liked this book at all, compared to how much i enjoyed the other books of the serie. I was looking foreward to read the story of Ace and Hope but the way he was rejecting her at every step and even worse, Hope's games and antics and whatever else she comes up to get Ace was just too desperate for me...Most of the time I wanted to kick Ace's ass, sorry for the language, and slap Hope thinking that maybe she'll woke up and give him a kick in the ass from me and then flip a finger or someth ...more
Patricia
My only problem with this book is that they say they will go on a honeymoon when they catch the bad guy. However, since the book ended without them catching the bad guy, and there is generally one bad guy per book, does this mean they will never go on a honeymoon?
Jo
Giving this a big 3,5 rounding up to 4.

Ace is all wrong for Hope or so he keeps telling her. Hope had always wanted to be with Ace, he's the One for her. They'll butt heads and whatnot, until Hope gets hit by a truck...

Sexy story, not the best of Desire's series but a fun quick read anyways. On the book 7! :)
Cassandra Carr
This was a good book for the most part. The only complaint I have about Dark Desire Desire Oklahoma 5 is that the heroine, Hope, keeps saying she wants a BDSM relationship but then does all manner of things that show she knows little about what that means. All the topping from the bottom would annoy the hell out of most Doms and subsequently they would be hesitant to start a relationship with her, I think.
Hope and Ace have been dancing around each other for ages and when they finally meet up explosions happen. With this book it delves a bit deeper into Dom/Sub and taking without safe words and capturing taking. If you are not into this sort of thing I wouldn't suggest reading it. But if u are the way the couple develop to finally getting what both need is great.
Jill
Ace is my kind of man!! This has been by far my favourite book in this series. So much more...., okay I have no words. Lets just say the characters in previous books have annoyed me with ere lovey doveyness and there talk of feelings. This was a book of action and oh my what lovely action it was. I hope beau and charity book will live up to this one.
Shelly
3.5 stars for writing style and keeping my interest to the last page!

Holy smokes, that was some kind of reading. I was warned about the content so I'm not gonna bitch that the author 'surprised' me about what Ace had in his bag for Hope. If this is your thing, let your freak flag fly 'cause I ain't hatin'.

Happy reading folks!
Ann  Lorz
I love this series!!! There is something about a town where women are treasured. Now, we all know its fiction but its great to dream. If your not into kinky sex I wouldn't read these books. But if you are, you'll enjoy this series. Read the books in order to make the stories richer.
Charlotte Smith
Quite possibly one of the hottest Doms ever written. Ace is a formidable character, seeming to jump right off the page, and Ms Brooke created a perfect match for him in the heroine, Hope. The growth of their relationship, sexual and emotional, makes for an awesome story.
Wanda
Jul 11, 2011 Wanda added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who enjoys hot meaningfull menage/romance
Recommended to Wanda by: me
This was the first book I read of the series and it started my interest in the series. I really love this book, the characters are such that they grab your heart and you feel for them. I am committed to reading the whole series in order now. Hugs Wanda
~Mel :)~
LOVED this book! I ADORED Ace's dominance, but I didn't like that she had to pull it out of him. I personally did not believe that it was true to the character, But otherwise. OH MAN!
April
This story has been a long time coming!! Such a steamy hot read!! I am so ready for more of this series!! Yummilicious!!
Angie
I loved the tension between Hope and Ace! The sex was smokin' hot! Another stellar edition to this series!
Anya Kelly
This wasn't my favorite Desire book, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Michele
I am feeling like I don't want this series to end.
Kimberley Carmody
I really enjoyed Ace and Hope's story.
  • Rachel's Seduction (Cattleman's Club, #3)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Bend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2)
  • Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2)
  • Deep in the Woods (Fortune, #1)
  • Emma's Education (Viper's Dungeon, #1)
  • Wilde Surrender (The Brothers of Wilde, Nevada, #5)
  • Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...

Desire, Oklahoma (9 books)
  • Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1)
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Raw Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #6)
  • Submission to Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #7)
  • Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)
  • Desire Unleashed (Desire, Oklahoma #9)
Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1) Alphas' Mate Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4) Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3) Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)