Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #4)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  2,154 ratings  ·  73 reviews
The Yada Yadas got tight in the past year, but they're about to learn the real meaning of togetherness.

We'd done it: we'd taken a mismatched, diverse group of women and cobbled together a prayer group that really worked for "all "of us. Now that spring was here, we were celebrating our one-year anniversary--"and "a wedding, an early parole, and two baptisms in the lake! Ev
Published February 12th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough

Lisa Alexa
I absolutely loved this book. There was so many topics raised but mainly racism. The children felt that silence is just as deleterious as speaking your mind. Interestingly, Freedom of Speech has been given to us yet, with responsibilities. That is the key to flabbergibbet people who don't reign in their attitude and respect.

Further, the "tough" indicated that we need to give the enemy a tongue lashing and to let him know that he has crossed the line. We need to fight and use the Word of God to p
Marianne/Annie
I especailly enjoyed this book. A crisis hits the Yada Yada group that tests their faith. Not only the women but their families too. In this book everyone gets involved and they ask what the future has in store for them. Jodi has a lot of questions and still deal with her interself at times wanting to know again why God lets such evil to happen. I know what she means. in the book is shows how all the women are going thru things that test their faith. It shows how they deal with it, through pray, ...more
Sally906
I really needed to visit with the Yada Yada ladies again! They did not let me down.

I love the world of the Yada Yada prayer group, for each of the ladies life is not perfect they have their problems, but stand together to face whatever is thrown at them. This time the ladies have to get tough as they face the threats from a white supremacy group to interracial churches sharing the same church premises, wining the lottery, teen romances and unplanned pregnancies and the violent attack on one of t
Larisha
I love how Neta Jackson makes the reader think about the issue of racism within society and also within the church. Neta does a great job in how the characters are so real.

In book #4 it is Spring and the Yada Yadas are Celebrating - their one-year anniversary--and a wedding, an early parole, and two baptisms in the lake! A time of Rejoicing and feeling comfortable and many times when we are in our comfort zone that we're most likely to let our guard down and to get our focus off the Author &
Dee
WOW! Just when I think the last book was good! This #4 was by far the BEST! I love the scripture reading in each book. Neta Jackson you out did yourself on this book! I have already started on the next book! I don't want them to end!
Ivoree Malcom
Love this addition to the series! & Lord knows that the Yada Yada Sisters are getting tough & realizing that life can get real, real quick! From Mark's assault to Ruth's preggo status, the sisters have a lot to be thankful for. How did Jodi say it? "Joy & sorrow". The only complaint I have is how the author tries to subtly fill you in on what happened earlier on in the series. Like don't give the people who didn't diligently read the prior books a back story. Let them read it for the ...more
Cindi
Yet another fabulous novel by Neta Jackson. This is the fourth book in the series. It is filled with the continuing goings-on in the lives of the Yada Yada Prayer Group, and their families.

So many things happen but I don't want to give away the storylines. Let's just say that:
~Becky learns the true meaning of forgiveness and what it means to be a Christian.
~The Baxters find themselves rethinking their decisions on numerous occasions.
~Stu second-guesses her offer to Becky after she catches her
Tasha enderby
I am reading out of sequence yet again in yet another series... Yet this time I have done it on purpose! This is series does a good job of building characters and making them memorable. That makes book hoping easy. I do however have the first book in hand and ready to step back into time. In this book you really see the racial diversity in this group of ladies when a race hating group comes to town. A young man grows into a man as he graduates and you get to not only watch him admit he is in lov ...more
Elaine
(books 1-7)
a. Excellent series of Jodie and her prayer group consisting of Adele, Edesa, Flo, Yo-Yo, Avis, Ruth, Leslie (Stu) Stuart, Delores, Hoshi, Nony, Chanda and Becky Wallace (Do I have all the names?)
b. We meet many other characters along the way including Jodie’s husband Denny and their 2 teenagers, Josh and Amanda and the families of the other Yada-Yadas.
c. There’s a fatal accident, a robbery, a shooting, as well as love and laughter, and many other goings-on in this series. These peop
Cindy
This series is really growing on me! Lots of good stuff to ponder in here: racism, capital punishment, abortion, foster care issues, spiritual warfare...you'd never guess it from these "juvenile looking" book covers. As the saying goes: don't judge a book by its cover!
Melissa
Hard hitting--race relations, how far does tolerance stretch? mark attacked after white supremacy rally. Lots on prayer.
Eileen
Wonderful series - I enjoyed the entire Yada Yada Prayer Group series. would like to read more of books by Neta Jackson
Maria M. Elmvang
It gets difficult finding new things to say about this series, because each book is 'more of the same' - but in a good way! It touches me, it moves me, it makes me laugh, it makes me cry, and most importantly - it challenges me. I need to take a page from these books and get my prayer-life up to snuff.

I liked how this book had everybody involved - not just the Yadas, but their families as well. Josh is growing up to be an amazing guy, and I look forward to reading more about him in the next book
Donna
These books just get better with each one I read!
dion
Best of the series yet.
Erika
Another cute story from these lovely "sisters." I liked the ideas in the book though wished they could go a bit further into conflict (race and privilege). This was the first time that the main character got on my nerves a bit with her idealistic and sheltered narration, though at the same time, I find myself jealous of the main character and desiring to be like her! A must read for anyone who loves the Yada Yada Prayer Group series.
Lizpeveto
Lots of changes for the group and a reminder that nothing stays the same as God is always in the details. This is a series which are all excellent so you can pick up in the middle; but starting at the beginning is best. What a diverse group of Christian women and even tho these are "Yankees", most believers can relate. Inspirational and brings a smile to your face and refreshes your Spirit.
This book has been like putting on a comfortable pair of jeans and a well-worn t-shirt. Perhaps, the reasoning why is because I'm invested in the characters of this series, having read the previous three books. I found myself praying with Jodi and the other ladies as I read, which provided a deeper comfort in real life. So, I felt compelled to bump up my rating a star. :)
Kristin
I have read all the previous Yada Yada Prayer books and I have enjoyed them all. This one was kind of predictable after reading the other 3. But I alway enjoy the way it makes me focus on my prayer life and the power of relationships. I would recommend these if you want to become stronger in your Christian faith and become connected to some very "real life" characters.
Teesa
Joy and sorrow. Joy and sorrow. Having lost a great friend this week to cancer this book spoke to me and helped me with the joy and sorrow in my life this week. This story also left me conflicted and not sure how I wanted it to find resolution. It is dedicated to Ricky Byrdsong whose senseless murder is a moving memory for me.
Carla Still
Another great Yada Yada book. Depicts the struggles between races very well. Continues the drama of prayer group members and develops the story lines. I'm fascinated with how they relate to each other, keep each other accountable, and support each other through their struggles. It's a wonderful model for any prayer group.
Lora White
This particular book in the series focused on racial tension. I believe this one has touched me the most thus far because of that fact and particularly how Jodi's son dealt with the issue. Made me cry. As always, I enjoy their references to the hymns they sing as so many are familiar hymns of my own church.
Want a book and a series that will make you absolutely YEARN for a closer walk with Christ? Then this is the one for you! Fantastic story and presentation of women from all backgrounds serving the Lord together. This book, like the others before it, was hard to put down!The series is a must read!
Dani
Oct 17, 2009 Dani rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle-aged Christian women.
Shelves: part-of-a-series
I enjoyed this book as much as the others in the series. I especially like the way Jackson gives a happy ending without making it feel too unrealistic. These books aren't high art, but the writing is engaging enough to make me care what happens to the characters.
Linda Krueger
What a life-changer! This book hits so many areas of life. I was so encouraged by the constant prayers and reminders of keeping God's will and plan first in our lives.

I loved how she uses the scriptures throughout the book. It excites me to read the Bible even more.
Natasha
I have enjoyed reading the books in this series. They are down to earth and I like the scriptural references that are interwoven throughout the story. Ms. Jackson writes a story that is believable, relatable, and gives inspiration to those who read it.
Jen
Okay so I guess I'm reading the series backwards because this is book four, however, its such a good book I will be going back to read the previous books. Each member of the group experiences the need for serious prayer. A fast read for me.
Connie
Some of the story progression is becoming predictable(After all, it is book #4.), but it still is a great book that makes you think and pray - with emphasis on racism, justice, the peace position, and unity in the Body of Christ.
Sandra
This is the fourth book in the Yada Yada Prayer Group series. Jackson deals with the theme of racism and reveals the very real racism that lies just under the surface in North American culture and even in our churches.
Franknannie
I enjoyed this book a lot. It picks up on some very disturbing trends about racism and how we relate to and perceive one another. Neta Jackson takes on some tough subjects and doesn't hide her faith. Good for her.
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: Party Edition with Celebrations and Recipes
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
  • Every Now and Then (9/11, #3)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • SAHM I Am
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling