Start by marking “To Catch a Thief: Female Pinkerton Agents Nab Their Men in Four Interwoven Novellas” as Want to Read:

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In a time when women find career options limited, four Chicago women get the chance of a lifetime - busting a ring of train robbers for the Pinkerton Detective Agency. Working undercover in Windmere Falls, Colorado, they begin to unearth clues overlooked by their male counterparts. Ruth Hunnicutt clothes mysterious characters in her dress-maker's shop. Could her interpreta ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Barbour Publishing (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about To Catch a Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Catch a Thief

Apr 24, 2014 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
4 in 1
Sandy Duke
Dec 31, 2013 Sandy Duke rated it liked it
Very interesting to have four different authors write different parts of the same story. I was surprised that it worked as well as it did. I loved the idea of female Pinkerton agents.
Emyrose8
May 23, 2012 Emyrose8 rated it liked it
Meh, it was okay. The first two stories were a little hard to get in to, but I liked the third one and the last one was my favorite. The first two romances were pretty shallow (but I guess it's pretty hard to squeeze four romances into one book and have them sound believable). Probably not a book I'd read again.
Stacy Anderson
can we tell I borrowed books from my mother in law again! I kept expecting it to get better with each story by different authors, but there was very little to the story.
Jan Hall
Jan Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Carolyn Pretorius
Carolyn Pretorius rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Lauren Barney
Lauren Barney rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Lori
Lori is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
Lenora
Lenora marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Susie Neal
Susie Neal marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Melisa
Melisa added it
Jul 12, 2015
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Carol Cox has an abiding love for history and romance, especially when it’s set in her native Southwest. As a third-generation Arizonan, she takes a keen interest in the Old West and hopes to make it live again in the hearts of her readers. A pastor’s wife, Carol lives with her husband and daughter in northern Arizona, where the deer and the antelope really do play—within view of the family’s fron ...more
More about Carol Cox...