Start by marking “To Catch a Thief: Female Pinkerton Agents Nab Their Men in Four Interwoven Novellas” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In a time when women find career options limited, four Chicago women get the chance of a lifetime - busting a ring of train robbers for the Pinkerton Detective Agency. Working undercover in Windmere Falls, Colorado, they begin to unearth clues overlooked by their male counterparts. Ruth Hunnicutt clothes mysterious characters in her dress-maker's shop. Could her interpreta ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Barbour Publishing (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about To Catch a Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Catch a Thief

Sandy Duke
Very interesting to have four different authors write different parts of the same story. I was surprised that it worked as well as it did. I loved the idea of female Pinkerton agents.
Emyrose8
Meh, it was okay. The first two stories were a little hard to get in to, but I liked the third one and the last one was my favorite. The first two romances were pretty shallow (but I guess it's pretty hard to squeeze four romances into one book and have them sound believable). Probably not a book I'd read again.
Stacy Anderson
can we tell I borrowed books from my mother in law again! I kept expecting it to get better with each story by different authors, but there was very little to the story.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Kimberly Gable
Kimberly Gable marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Agnieszka
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Lisa Harris
Lisa Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Fred Ihrig
Fred Ihrig marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kimmie
Kimmie added it
Nov 04, 2014
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Katie Jean
Katie Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Oksana Gantukh
Oksana Gantukh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kristy
Kristy added it
Apr 30, 2014
J. M.
J. M. is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
BlackRoze Tamibates
BlackRoze Tamibates marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Carol Cox has an abiding love for history and romance, especially when it’s set in her native Southwest. As a third-generation Arizonan, she takes a keen interest in the Old West and hopes to make it live again in the hearts of her readers. A pastor’s wife, Carol lives with her husband and daughter in northern Arizona, where the deer and the antelope really do play—within view of the family’s fron ...more
More about Carol Cox...
Love in Disguise Trouble in Store Truth Be Told Sagebrush Brides: Love Rules the Ranch in Four Complete Novels No Match for Love (A Match Made in Texas, #3)