Start by marking “This Christmas” as Want to Read:
This Christmas

This Christmas

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A new take on a familiar holiday classic. Ned Matthews is a college student haunted by his last boyfriend’s infidelity. Ned would rather wallow in self-pity than spend Christmas with Bobby, even though they’re the only two students on campus for the holiday. Can Bobby show Ned the holiday is better with someone to love?
Published November 28th 2009 by Smashwords Edition (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about This Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Christmas

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5

Ned is spending his first Christmas alone since breaking up with lying, cheating scumbag Jake.
Bobby is the only other guy on campus during winter break, Bobby used to be Ned's HS crush before falling in love with Jake.
This has two great elements of Christmas Past , Ned reminiscing about Jake, Christmas Present, seeing himself and also how alone Bobby is, but..but we are missing Christmas Future!
It's a very sweet and slightly melancholy story with a hopeful ending, but really would it have be
Ami
Jan 27, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-short-stories
It's "Christmas Carol" with a twist ... On Christmas Eve, still reeling from pain and broken heart, being pissed off with the constant reminder about how he is alone, Ned dreams about Christmas Past (Jake, his cheating ex-boyfriend) and Christmas Present (Bobby, Ned's old high school crush who lives across the commons from him in the student townhouses, and currently the only other person left on campus beside himself). So what happens with Christmas Future?

I think it's really loveable -- I tota
Elisa Rolle
This Christmas is a sweet story about two college guys who are both alone for Christmas time in the campus. Despite what everyone is probably thinking, is not at all a naughty story, and Ned and Bobby are not taking advantage of the freedom of being far from their family in an almost empty college dorm. Ned is still harbouring a broken heart, his boyfriend Jake cheated on him and not in a good way, if there is any good in cheating; he did it very bad, very hurting and it’s not easy for Ned to fo ...more
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Last night at my Mom's for the Christmas season last night and I needed something to pass the time until sleep took over. Anxious to get back to the man of my life. This was not an easy one to read at this time of the year. Having never been dumped like this, though I know my husband would know these feelings. He was dumped about three months or so before we met, worst part was he still had to maintain a working relationship with his X at the time. We're still friends more than 18 years later, b ...more
Deeze
An OK read but I skimmed towards the end despite it being a very short story. Just nothing to really hold my interest.
Brenda (b)
This was a short story (less than 20 pages in pdf format) that at one time the author offered for free download from her website. I liked the characters and I was enjoying learning about them. I would have really liked to see more about them and how things worked out. I did find myself a bit distracted by the fact that the story was written in present tense, there were times I was pulled out of what was happening because the verbs snagged my attention.
Tara
Dec 14, 2014 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010, m-m, holiday
This was called a modern day take on an old classic. Based on the names I was expecting something a little closer to A Christmas Carol. Instead it was just about 2 guys that seemed to find each other during the holidays. Not bad, but it did seem to end sort of abruptly.
Lucy
Jan 28, 2016 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
How strange is it that not only did I not recognize this book but that I read the whole thing and didn't even remember, until I came to review it, that I had already read it?
Sadonna
Dec 28, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
Bittersweet story of Ned, who was betrayed by his boyfriend and Bobby, his high school crush who is at the same college.
Connie
Dec 07, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, free-reads
Short and sweet, great Christmas story.
J.M.
Jun 25, 2009 J.M. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, glbt, e-books
This is my book so I won't review it.
Jimmy
Romantic
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Amie
Amie rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2016
Scott Grunthaner
Scott Grunthaner marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 23, 2016
Sammymc
Sammymc rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Manuela
Manuela rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Haven
Haven rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...