Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear (The Berenstain Bears)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  2,621 ratings  ·  33 reviews
How can Santa's sleigh land when there's no snow on the ground? How can he possibly fit down all those skinny-minny little chimneys? And how come every mall has a different Santa? These are just some of the highly delicate issues handled in this classic First Time Book that's back in print with a cheery new cover for a new generation of Bear fans.

From the Hardcover edition
Published October 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

alana
This is another adorable 80s book that teaches kids that Christmas is about giving to others. As usual with Berenstain Bears books, I was more interested in studying and recreating the drawings of their treehouse than I was in paying attention to the moral of the story.
Jenny Houle
That moment when you pick up a kids' book you don't remember having read, and then are flooded with a rush of childhood memories...

While I remember reading ALL of The Berenstain Bear books as a child, this one is filled with the most vivid memories for me because I got it for Christmas Eve the year I turned three. It is the first real book I have memories associated with as a child, but I didn't realize it until I re-read it just now.

Genevieve
This book was about Santa and sister made a really, really, really, really long list and so she made a new one and also got stuff for papa and mama bear. The cubs were really nice they got lots of money and they did it for their parents. I loved the book because I like Santa. My favorite character was Santa cause I like Santa. I would recommend this book to others because they would like Santa, right?
♥ Sarah ♥
Love the Berenstain Bears! I remember reading these as a kid and picked a few of them up for about 10 cents a piece for when our (unborn) baby gets a little older. Should be fun!

The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear teaches kids about being giving and not being selfish/greedy.

Age: ?
Lesson: Being giving and not selfish/greedy.
Purchased: 10 cents at Salvation Army
Alysia
Good kids book

It was great to read to my preschool kids for Christmas. I really recommend this book.
Great for young kids
Chester Richmond
This book takes place during the Christmas season and teaches the lesson of giving. The children in the book come to realize that Santa has one of the greatest jobs that exists because he gets to give to people. They learned that their is a great deal of fulfillment in making someone else happy.

In your classroom you could use this book simply around Christmas time as a seasonal book. Otherwise you could use the book to teach the moral importance of giving and could especially use this book if y
Marina
it grabbed my attention. it was a little to hard
Maria Kiguthi
We enjoy Brother and Sister Bear and all the different books and lessons they learn. In this book Sister gets caught up in the commercial side of Christmas and makes a huge list of what she wants from Santa. Brother says he doesn't want Santa to think he is greedy. Sister also worries about all the times she wasn't good. Sister revises her list to be just a few items and understands that Santa doesn't expect kids to be perfect just good.
Rachel
I liked it. ...more
Anna
Brought our vintage 1987 copy of this book to Bryce and Sean for Christmas 2013.

The bear cubs meet Santa and also learn a lesson from their parents about the true meaning of Christmas.
chucklesthescot
It is the first time that Sister Bear has had the chance to meet Santa Bear at the Mall and she starts to worry that with so many presents on her wish-list, she might look greedy and get nothing at all. But Brother Bear has met Santa Bear and has plenty of advice for Sister which gets her thinking about the meaning of Christmas.
Catarina
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year at my house. We try to keep the spirits up all year long counting the days for Christmas and so Christmas books have a special place in my heart.
This particular one was very sweet and simple and right to the point. I liked it a lot. It's my favourite BB so far.
Jeannie
Typical Stan and Jan fare. But what I like about this one is the message that the giving moments are often the quietest and seemingly least noticed--yet these are the moments that bring us the greatest joy. Stan and Jan did a great job of presenting this truth without having to moralize.
Katie Roberts
Brother Bear and Sister Bear have some important questions about Santa that are concerning them. How are there so many different Santas? How will Santa be able to land his sleigh without snow on the ground? This book answers some of these important questions for children.
E
Ah, sweet memories of my parents reading this book to me right before the holidays. I (rather reluctantly) learned that Christmas lists were not about going through the toy catalog and highlighting everything I wanted and for that it was an invaluable story.
Stacey
One of my favorite holiday books. This is a seasonal book that can be used to teach students about Christmas, and also teach other students with different cultures about Xmas. This is also go to encourage students to share love by giving gifts.
I really, really liked this book. It contains some Christmas "traditions." This book does a really good job in teaching how to not be greedy and to give more than you receive. It teaches some good lessons to younger children.
Sarah Winters
This was a little longer (more words) of a story but I think some students would enjoy it. It isn't ideal because it talks about Christmas which some students can't relate too. Recommended for second to fourth graders.
Gretchen
A great holiday book for kids, addressing things like not being greedy, having a giving spirit, helping those less fortunate, even how Santa gets his job done, and the magic of Christmastime.
Sam
Good book to read around the holidays. Could follow it up by taking donations to give to other people or by making cards. You could definitely do a lot with this book.
Tania
Good book to use to teach children about some people's holiday traditions and has a lot to do with teaching children not to be greedy.
Shannon
"Shannon 1988." I love that Santa is a bear in this episode. I remember being appalled at the length of Sister Bear's Christmas list.
I still have a copy of this book to this day, great book to read to little kids around the holidays!!
Elizabeth S
As always, the Berenstain Bears tackle sensitive subjects (Is Santa real?) with a lot of fun.
Alexandra
Sweet story about understanding the true meaning of Christmas
Benjamin Plume
As is often the case, not quite so great of a seasonal story
Rebecca (everyday reader)
The Bear family teaches important lessons!!
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
  • Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
  • Clifford's Good Deeds
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
  • Cranberry Christmas
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • The Christmas Story
  • Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book)
  • I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • Inside the Earth (The Magic School Bus, #2)
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV