Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear (The Berenstain Bears)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  3,275 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
How can Santa's sleigh land when there's no snow on the ground? How can he possibly fit down all those skinny-minny little chimneys? And how come every mall has a different Santa? These are just some of the highly delicate issues handled in this classic First Time Book that's back in print with a cheery new cover for a new generation of Bear fans.

From the Hardcover editi
Published October 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear

Coralie
Nov 11, 2016 Coralie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Berenstain Bears are classic. They are a favorite of mine from my childhood. I love that they create real life situations, and explain things down on the kids' levels. This particular addition is a fun little story about Christmas and the spirit of giving, rather than receiving. There aren't any harsh Santa spoilers for parents and kids who want to propel that side of Christmas, but it addresses the true spirit of joy and giving that comes with Christmas.
alana
Jan 04, 2012 alana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrenslit
This is another adorable 80s book that teaches kids that Christmas is about giving to others. As usual with Berenstain Bears books, I was more interested in studying and recreating the drawings of their treehouse than I was in paying attention to the moral of the story.
Dusty
Dec 27, 2016 Dusty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-jayden
Meet Santa Bear is the first and probably the most secular of the Berenstains' several Christmas stories, and it teaches a fairly predictable lesson about the importance of giving, rather than receiving, presents at Christmastime. The book appeared during the authors' creative apex in the early/mid 1980s and includes references to classic titles like The Truth, Get in a Fight, and The Messy Room. It isn't quite as inventive or memorable as these other, stronger titles, but it is beautifully draw ...more
Heather
Dec 27, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Hussey
Danette
Deals with selfishness.

Read to Naomi & Julia.
Kelsi Watts
Dec 06, 2016 Kelsi Watts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a lot of the Berenstain Bears books when I was young and enjoyed them so much! This one is about Christmas and the little bears have so many questions about Santa! I think this would be a great read aloud for before Christmas break, or even a book that children would love to receive for Christmas from their parents. You can never read too many of these books. I rate this one a 5 out of 5.
Chester Richmond
This book takes place during the Christmas season and teaches the lesson of giving. The children in the book come to realize that Santa has one of the greatest jobs that exists because he gets to give to people. They learned that their is a great deal of fulfillment in making someone else happy.

In your classroom you could use this book simply around Christmas time as a seasonal book. Otherwise you could use the book to teach the moral importance of giving and could especially use this book if y
Nancy
Dec 08, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it
The Mama and the Papa bear talk about Christmas celebrations coming earlier every year, and Mama worries about the children having too much excitement. Papa doesn't think that will happen. The little bears go a little crazy at the mall, and sister bear writes a really long list of things she wants Santa to bring her. Brother bear tells her if her list is too long, Santa might not bring her anything. The bears go through a lot of thinking about Santa, and the big job he has, and who will bring gi ...more
Genevieve
Apr 18, 2015 Genevieve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about Santa and sister made a really, really, really, really long list and so she made a new one and also got stuff for papa and mama bear. The cubs were really nice they got lots of money and they did it for their parents. I loved the book because I like Santa. My favorite character was Santa cause I like Santa. I would recommend this book to others because they would like Santa, right?
Maria Kiguthi
Jan 09, 2013 Maria Kiguthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We enjoy Brother and Sister Bear and all the different books and lessons they learn. In this book Sister gets caught up in the commercial side of Christmas and makes a huge list of what she wants from Santa. Brother says he doesn't want Santa to think he is greedy. Sister also worries about all the times she wasn't good. Sister revises her list to be just a few items and understands that Santa doesn't expect kids to be perfect just good.
Jenny Houle
Dec 16, 2014 Jenny Houle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That moment when you pick up a kids' book you don't remember having read, and then are flooded with a rush of childhood memories...

While I remember reading ALL of The Berenstain Bear books as a child, this one is filled with the most vivid memories for me because I got it for Christmas Eve the year I turned three. It is the first real book I have memories associated with as a child, but I didn't realize it until I re-read it just now.

chucklesthescot
It is the first time that Sister Bear has had the chance to meet Santa Bear at the Mall and she starts to worry that with so many presents on her wish-list, she might look greedy and get nothing at all. But Brother Bear has met Santa Bear and has plenty of advice for Sister which gets her thinking about the meaning of Christmas.
Catarina
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year at my house. We try to keep the spirits up all year long counting the days for Christmas and so Christmas books have a special place in my heart.
This particular one was very sweet and simple and right to the point. I liked it a lot. It's my favourite BB so far.
Gabriel Wallis
Apr 10, 2016 Gabriel Wallis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
It's been a long time since I've read a Berenstain Bears book. I had just as much fun reading it now as I did when I was a child. Brother and Sister are impatient for Christmas to arrive, and in their impatience they meet Santa Bear. Both Brother and Sister write their Christmas lists and, eventually, get what they desire. Ah, Christmas. Whatever happened to the story of Christ?
Jan 17, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holidays
I really, really liked this book. It contains some Christmas "traditions." This book does a really good job in teaching how to not be greedy and to give more than you receive. It teaches some good lessons to younger children.
Katie Roberts
Brother Bear and Sister Bear have some important questions about Santa that are concerning them. How are there so many different Santas? How will Santa be able to land his sleigh without snow on the ground? This book answers some of these important questions for children.
Stacey
Mar 31, 2013 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite holiday books. This is a seasonal book that can be used to teach students about Christmas, and also teach other students with different cultures about Xmas. This is also go to encourage students to share love by giving gifts.
Jeannie
Typical Stan and Jan fare. But what I like about this one is the message that the giving moments are often the quietest and seemingly least noticed--yet these are the moments that bring us the greatest joy. Stan and Jan did a great job of presenting this truth without having to moralize.
Sarah Winters
This was a little longer (more words) of a story but I think some students would enjoy it. It isn't ideal because it talks about Christmas which some students can't relate too. Recommended for second to fourth graders.
Melissa
Dec 30, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
The Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear is great for small children going to see Santa for the first time. This story uses Sister's excitement for Christmas as a nice way to teach kids about the importance of giving gifts not just receiving them and how busy Santa really is.
E
Jan 28, 2008 E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
Ah, sweet memories of my parents reading this book to me right before the holidays. I (rather reluctantly) learned that Christmas lists were not about going through the toy catalog and highlighting everything I wanted and for that it was an invaluable story.
Bethany
This book was very heart warming and entertaining but I do not think it would be a good read aloud book because it is very long.
Alysia
Dec 31, 2014 Alysia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good kids book

It was great to read to my preschool kids for Christmas. I really recommend this book.
Great for young kids
Heather Lei
It was cute. I liked the parts about not being greedy and thinking of others, I disagree that the joy of giving is what Christmas is all about.
Aug 18, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still have a copy of this book to this day, great book to read to little kids around the holidays!!
Gretchen
Nov 23, 2013 Gretchen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, pre-k-elem
A great holiday book for kids, addressing things like not being greedy, having a giving spirit, helping those less fortunate, even how Santa gets his job done, and the magic of Christmastime.
Anna
Jan 05, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brought our vintage 1987 copy of this book to Bryce and Sean for Christmas 2013.

The bear cubs meet Santa and also learn a lesson from their parents about the true meaning of Christmas.
Tania
Good book to use to teach children about some people's holiday traditions and has a lot to do with teaching children not to be greedy.
Shannon
May 13, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1988
"Shannon 1988." I love that Santa is a bear in this episode. I remember being appalled at the length of Sister Bear's Christmas list.
  • The Biggest, Most Beautiful Christmas Tree
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad
  • Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Cranberry Christmas
  • Clifford's Good Deeds
  • The Story of the Nutcracker Ballet
  • Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • Trick or Treat, Little Critter (Little Critter)
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room

“This cub wants a video game, and I hate to say it, but this game is so complicated it's easier not to play it!
And here is one that's even worse--
cubs simply do not need it--
a virtual pet that up and bites
if you fail to feed it.
And worst of all,
this cub wants this innovative cutie,
a miniature canine named
Little Doggie Dooty,
with an item purchased extra
that's positively super,