Start by marking “Her Dakota Men ( Dakota Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Dakota Men ( Dakota Heat, #1)

Her Dakota Men (Dakota Heat #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,370 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
[Menage Amour: Erotic Cowboy Menage a Quatre Romance, F/M/M/M] Stacy Daniels left the ranch she loved so much years ago. Not being able to cope with her abusive father, she'd stayed away as much as possible. Infrequent visits to the ranch to visit those she loved caused her heartache, but she couldn't stay away. Wolfe, Travis and Cash Dakota, the foreman's three sons, live ...more
ebook, Nook, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Siren-BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about Her Dakota Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Dakota Men

Nuki
Not bad for a menage. To have three hot cowboys, brothers in fact lusting & lovin one girl is always a 'Hell Yes' to me. A Short quick smutty read with a quick HEA. The kind that makes you wish you were her. ;)
Delta
Aug 27, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotic romance short story fans
3.5 short, sweet, & hot stars
Kimberlee
Jan 29, 2017 Kimberlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Sexy Stars of Hot Cowboys

This was a short fast read with a sexy punch. Stacy who's father who brutally bullied his only child is dead. Ding dong the douche is dead. The only problem for Stacy now is she can't stay on the ranch because she has always been in love with the three sons of her fathers foreman.

Oh what's a girl to do. Well what ever you do Stacy don't run because all three are definitely coming for you!

***This is on the Kindle Unlimited Read list***
Beate
Dec 02, 2010 Beate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: menage, cowboys, erotica
M/F/M, add to that the brother thing, and it gets less sexy.

What I like the least about Ms Brooke's books, is how she takes away any and all female power. All the women in these books are weak, easily dominated, and have absolutely no say in their own lives.

And the way these brothers had their way with the heroine, was borderline rape. This book didn't even have a decent plot; just the girl trying to run away various times, and being hauled back by the brothers again and again. Yeah. Not sexy.
Kate
Oct 26, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started off with Leah Brooke's Desire series and did'nt buy these at first because the reviews weren't as good. I'm glad I've bought them now though as I enjoyed the series. The main problem with them is that they are far too short so, as previously stated, the characters don't get much time to develop. On the plus side though, you do get to see how Leah Brooke is developing as an author if you read these. Not as good as the Desire series but then that's to be expected but still worth a look i ...more
Oleta Blaylock
Mar 18, 2011 Oleta Blaylock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
This story was a little short and so it seemed rushed. I like the concept and it would have been a great story with just a few hundred more words. Even as short as it is it's still HOT, HOT, HOT. I mean three hot Cowboys all focusing all their attention on one woman. LHM I just want to find a glass of ice water and a fan.
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
This was really 2 1/2 stars for me. The story was ok but I felt something missing. For a quick read it was worth the .99cents I paid.
Deidre
Nov 04, 2011 Deidre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh No! I just wrote a long review and clicked wrong button so it got eaten by cyberspace...

Review coming later

Well what to say....Hmmmm....Dissapointing at Best!

I recently read my first Leah Brooke's book from the "Desire" series and was so impressed that I ordered some of her other books. This is the most recent of those purchases and the worst!

It almost seems as if this was written by someone else. I disliked the characters or felt nothing for them (which imho is worse)The sex was dull &
BBMoreB ~
Mar 08, 2011 BBMoreB ~ rated it liked it
Stacy Daniels left home shorting after graduation; returning only to settle her father’s estate. The Dakota brothers Wolfe, Cash and Travis have been in love with Stacy for years; she feels guilty because she is in love with all three men and it is emotionally agonizing.

This author has written many short stories that I have enjoyed; this story is a little light on character depth and romance but, overall a hot read. The cowboys are fun, sexy and dominant. The sex was pretty vanilla (considering
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I do like the menage created by Ms. Brooke. Her men are hot. Her sex is hot. Her females, kind of like birdbrains though. Stacey is presented as some kind of self sacrificing woman who never had the love of a father. These kind of lead female characters never really do it for me. I think it's because it is the antithesis of me that it is hard for me to connect. The story was more like a much ado about nothing. I have to admit, I really just wanted to skip from one sex scene to the next. Sorry, M ...more
Kelly
Jul 09, 2015 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-runs
This book lacked depth in the characters and that really affected the reading experience. With no POV from the men, it was hard to develop interesting and distinct personalities. Wolfe was the most developed, but Cash may as well have not been included. All in all, I'm glad this was only a dollar.

Ms Brooke is a good writer and I have a feeling this was one of her early books. Her current books have dynamic characters and well developed plots.
Iris
Dec 13, 2016 Iris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing was bad. The characters flat, but it was vaguely amusing as an erotic book.
Rinny Rainwind
This is book 1 of Dakota Heat Series. This is the story of Stacie and the 3 brothers on a ranch in the Dakotas. Her father was abusive and she left after high school. Her father dies and she comes home to find some things have changed. Some things on the other hand never will. The love of three men , is she strong enough to accept that? She learns a lot about herself and live in this first story.
Danielle
Jul 21, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, menage
Very short but unlike the usual short stories, it wasn't very well developed. Understandably, it is more difficult and I think she was trying to fit her usual internal issues, which takes up around 200 pages in her Desire series, into a quarter of the pages. It doesn't work.

It was still enjoyable despite not really being able to connect with the characters. The sex was decent but disappointed that there was only really one menage scene.
Anna
Feb 21, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While this had a certain appeal from a sexy point of view, I found the writing to be quite clipped and abrupt. Normally with ménages the men are all about protecting their woman. In this case because the men don't talk to Stacy and leave her in the dark about their intentions, they cause huge problems, make her feel tremendous guilt for the way she feels about them and then blame the resulting fallout of their own actions on her. Irritating and not a fun read because of it.
Brutally Honest
Yeah..... this would have been so much more enjoyable if the heroes weren't as irritatingly misogynistic. :\ Neither were the sex scenes hot enough for me to ignore the unfairness of them blaming her for literally everything, and not letting her live her life or make her own decisions, or you know, let her act as an independent person instead of a string puppet. But it was short, I guess.
Donna
This had the potential for a good story but not in this short format. Without sufficient time for character development, the three men came across as bullies rather than concerned lovers, the sex was brutal rather than erotic, and Stacy had little personality. In fact, the only character I warmed to was Rosa. Unless you feel the need to read every book in a series, I'd skip this one.
Texas Reader Stacy
Don't know whether this book was intended to be a short story. But it is. Very little character or plot development. Not to say I didn't enjoy the story, if you go into it thinking "short story" plot, it's a great little distraction. But it can hardly be labeled menage when there is only one menage scene. This could have been so much more.....
Feb 11, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this first book in Dakota men series. It's a fast pace book and you jump straight into story. With three very sexy men trying to get Stacy to stay with inventive sexual ways who could say no. Only thing reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is the book length, would have liked it a bit longer but still a great book.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Hard life

Just because her father was bad to her. She never realized she would have love.let alone three times over. Very lucky and very happy. I just takes her running twice to see it.
KindleKay
Jan 23, 2010 KindleKay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was incredibly short with no character development at all. The smut wasn't even good! She tried but this seems to be an author who read the Desire, OK, series and tried to mimic it. Didn't work.
Vicci
Sep 21, 2011 Vicci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say o love this series of books by this author. Even though they are on ths short side for my taste. You still fall in love with the people in the story. I have reread this book many times and still love it.
Shannon
Jun 21, 2014 Shannon marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to kick this girls arse. She need a more hard spanking than what she got. But in the same thought, I think the men holding back the news of the rAnch and their feelings would have been better.....
April
Yummy, Hot and Heavy, Steamy read!!! Such a sexy book!! I love a hunky cowboy!!! The story could have been better but overall an enjoyable read!

Oh, and I love a delicious western menage!! The more the merrier!!
Lori Whitwam
A shorter format than I usually prefer. The heroine's relationships have to develop instantaneously, and when you know things have to be resolved quickly, it's not hard to figure out how things will go. Still... hot, fun, and interesting. I like this author's Desire, Oklahoma books better.
Polly
Aug 06, 2014 Polly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and HOT for sure. First reading of Leah Brooke, but will definitely be reading some more by her. Great characters.
₸hea™
Mar 15, 2014 ₸hea™ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-menage-n-more
Short nice read. Wel allemaal net een beetje té; te alpha, te naief, te voorspelbaar. Tja, 3,5*** afgerond naar 4.
Zea
Aug 25, 2015 Zea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light, sexy and fun read. No noisy friends and family, interfering villains and bitchy exes. The story wholly revolves around the heroine and her men. Wish the story was longer. :D
Lindsey Eatman
Sep 04, 2014 Lindsey Eatman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To short to be a good book. There was no back story to accompany present day characters and there attachment/ feelings to the female main character. I wouldn't recommend this author!
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2012
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Kansas Heat (Kansas Heat, #1)
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Slick Rock Cowboys (Slick Rock #1)
  • Sex Party (Cowboy Sex, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)
  • A Matter Among Four
  • Half Hearts
  • Take Me (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Love Under Two Flyboys (Lusty, Texas #6)
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...

Dakota Heat (5 books)
  • Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)
  • Dakota's Cowboys (Dakota Heat, #3)
  • Dakota Springs (Dakota Heat, #4)
  • Ice Men of North Dakota (Dakota Heat #5)