Start by marking “The Eiffel Tower's Daughter: The Truth Behind the Lies” as Want to Read:
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter: The Truth Behind the Lies

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter: The Truth Behind the Lies (The Eiffel Tower's Daughter)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  24 reviews
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, an adventure fiction by Bethany Huang at 10-year-old, is ranked No.1 on SBEP Summer Reading List 2011 from BoysHopeGirlsHope.org and top 10% at Barnes & Noble List for Teen Fiction - Adventure.

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is a story about love, compassion, family, and life. A girl who has to face it all with no one to help her. She runs away
Published October 5th 2010 by Authorhouse (first published October 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eiffel Tower's Daughter

Melissa
3 1/2 Stars

For such a young author she has done a really good job. I really enjoyed Swanilde's point of view especially.
Lacey
I won this book in a contest and was excited to see what such a young author could muster up, and she didn't disappoint.

The storyline which twists down rugged roads was exciting and quicked paced. I was able to read this book in a day, and the only thing that disappointed me was that it was so short,this book is for anyone who is looking for a book that captures the beauty of a person't soul and deciphers a story that could very much be true.

Swanilde is faced with many challenges, learing of her
Cindy
I am very impressed by the writing of Bethany Huang. She's only 10 years old and she certainly did a terrific job in writing her very first novel. The story was action-packed and entertaining. I like the way that each chapter in the story was told by a different character so that the reader could get their point of view on what was happening.

Well done Miss Huang! You are going to be famous one day. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading your next novel.
Jisun
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ITS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebecca
The Eiffel Tower’s Daughter sounded like an intriguing adventure story so I picked it up for a read. I quite enjoyed reading it but at the same time there were a couple of parts that confused me.
The story itself was quite a good one. Every moment there was action and adventure and Swanilde stayed strong through all of it. The changing viewpoints were quite good as well. It was interesting to know what other characters were thinking about.
There was one big thing that had me confused for the entir
Dovetail
This really deserves a 4.5.

It has a great storyline, but at times the way it is written can make what is going on a little confusing. By the time I got to the last chapter I didn't want it to end.

To sum it up: Great job, Bethany!
Kelsey
It was neat to think that a book was published that was written by a 10 year old but then you read it... and it was written by a 10 year old... Very loose and choppy story line. Lots of silly connections and conclusions.
Xena
Owwww I loved this story :3
But I didn't quite catch the story but oh wells she did write this book when she was 10. The story was cute ^^ i give 5 stars for mentioning Artemis :3
Bethany Huang did a great job!
READIT!
Xi Huang
I enjoyed reading The Eiffel Tower's Daughter by Bethany Huang.
Carole
I am getting this book very soon. I am so exsited.
Avidreader1989
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is available at bookstores in North America (US and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Demark, Norway, Italy and Austria), Asia (Taiwan, India, Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea), Africa (South Africa and Kenya), and Pacific Island (Australia and New Zeland).
•US: Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Borders, Authorhouse.com, Abebooks, Powells, Alibris, Better World Books, Books A Million, Indiebound, Scribd, Allbookstore.com, eCampus, Bookde
Avidreader1989
Publishing a 100-page chapter book is an amazing achievement for 10-year-old. Having her book ranked on the top in SBEP Summer Reading List from a well-known non-profit organization - Boys Hope Girls Hope and followed by children’s all-time favorite books, such as The Cricket in Time Square, by George Selden, is an exceptional achievement for 10-year-old!

The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is a wonderful adventure book for teen and children of ages 9-12. This is a story about family, love and friendship
Reading Vacation
I enjoyed reading The Eiffel Tower's Daughter. It is a fast-paced story set in France, Greece, and Egypt. I really liked the international setting - especially Egypt.

The chapters are set up from various points of view. Each chapter has the name of the featured character on the first page. I had to pay attention because there were so many characters.

I liked the main character, Swanilde's voice. She did not give up even when she found herself in many dangerous situations along the way. There was
Juliana
I won the contest and i was really anxious for this book to arrive and i read it in one afternoon, very fast reading.

It's for sure a sweet book. I probably would have rated it higher if i was younger... This wasn't a book for my age at all, and i couldn't stop comparing with others books i've read. This story holds a lot of different places, but something i didn't like was that the secret could have been more elaborate and the romance should have been stronger. As I said before I would rated it
Aidan Lauren
The Eiffel Tower's Daughter is quite a well written book for a ten year old, I’m really impressed.
It was a fast-paced story set in France, Egypt and Greece. I really loved the setting especially in France, the Eiffel Tower <3. Every character has various point of view. I was impressed to Swanilde that she was able to be strong in all challenges she has encountered. However, in the story, the antagonist- Andreyev was not given any importance in the story and there are some parts that was confu
UnderRepair
First of all, I got this book through first-reads and I'm very thankful for it :)

I am quite impressed about Bethany Huang who was writing such a lovely book with only 10 years old. I cannot really remember how I could write when I was 10 but I am very sure that it wasn't as NEARLY as good as the writing in this book. So: Respect!

This story is full of adventure, love and mystery. So quite a good mix for everyone. I would recommend it for kids from 9-14.

Anne
This book was a good effort for a 10 year old. All of the basics were there and it was entertaining. As Bethany gets more experience she will be able to flesh her books out. The Eiffel Tower's Daughter could have easily been three times as long if it were filled in with all of the details it was missing. All in all a good book and I look forward to reading more of Bethany's books as she grows and matures.
Candace
I won this as a giveaway not knowing it was written for 9-12 year olds by a 10 year old. Since I was home sick, I read the book. I was impressed by this young author. The different points of view presented added to the story. A bit more detail could have been shared during some of the scenes, seemed to jump a bit. But overall, a good story. Hope the author continues to write.
Applecheek
I really enjoyed this book. it is amazing that it is written by such a young author. I look forward to her future novels. I really liked how the novel looked through the eyes of the various characters and how it was set in different countries. I have passed the book on to my friends to enjoy as well.
Lauren
Sep 04, 2011 Lauren rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls between the ages of 10 and 12
Really impressive writing for a girl her age! ( About my age, actually. I love to write, and I think I'm good at it. But 100 pages? That's impossible. The plot was somewhat confusing, though.
Carly
This book is written by a ten year old! AMAZING! The plot was intriguing, the characters were unique, and the whole book is great...an awesome book!!!
☮Karen
Recommended for 9-12 year olds, and therefore I'm too old to offer any opinion of relevance. Very admirable to be published at 10!
Kirsten
A great debut novel. I think it's inspiring that it was written by a 10 year old. :)
Silvia
Silvia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Kayla Neal
Kayla Neal marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Chelsey
Chelsey marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
  • Without Alice
  • Sharaf
  • Then Came the Evening
  • Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales
  • The Character
  • The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun
  • All That is Beautiful (Arrington, #2)
  • Groundhog Weather School
  • Jumble Tales
  • Death-in-a-Box
  • Life In Miniature
  • Quest for Merlin's Map (Jumper Chronicles, #1)
  • Time to Smell the Roses (The Hermux Tantamoq Adventures, #4)
  • Bad Behavior (Conduct #2)
  • THE BROTHERS CRUNK - An 8-Bit Fack-It-All Adventure in 2D
  • The Life and Opinions of Amy Finawitz
  • Amandine
  • The Ruby Notebook (Notebook, #2)
4196850
Bethany Huang published her first book, The Eiffel Tower's Daughter, at 10 years old. The book is ranked No.1 on SBEP Summer Reading List 2011 from BoysHopeGirlsHope.org. The book is also placed at top 10% at Barnes & Noble Teen Fiction - Adventure List

Bethany Huang and her book were reported by over 100 media, such as Thomson Reuters TV, MSNBC TV, Fox News, PBS, PIX11 TV, Sino TV,Shanghai TV,
More about Bethany Huang...

“Oh no…!” Swanilde gasped, a dance of emotions going across her face. I could see sadness, anger, fear, and compassion-as well as so many more emotions that I couldn’t grasp. “My father-he’s dead!” 2 likes