Requiem (Delirium, #3)

Requiem (Delirium #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  66,477 ratings  ·  9,472 reviews
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of rebellion have opened through...more
Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Requiem

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
3rd out of 1,477 books — 10,212 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
3rd out of 2,476 books — 12,489 voters

More lists with this book...

Kenzie

That was awful. Completely awful. Holy hell. What happened?

Summary of Requiem: Lena leads Julian on to make Alex jealous. That's it. That's the whole book.

Lena... what happened to you? You were bland in Delirium, had this AMAZING character growth in Pandemonium, and here? You were petty and whiny and annoying. Criminy. She asked to leave behind a burned, injured, defenseless girl who had just lost her home and family all because she was jealous that Alex talked to her. Way to be a shitty person,...more
Lauren
~EDIT #3~ ACTUAL REVIEW (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Okay, I know a lot of people have read/liked my 'review' for the ending of Pandemonium and the blurb of requiem, but here's my long-awaited review of Lauren Oliver's Requiem.

I'm going to be very, very honest here. I didn't like it. Compared to the awesomeness that was Delirium, this was honestly disappointing. I hate when authors sway to far from the original plot of the series, which was exactly what Lauren Oliver has done in this latest installment.

The...more
Darlalala
Warning: There might be MINOR spoilers so yea, be warned :)

AFTER READING:
When Alex and Lena were doing this...

I look like this.

and then this..

I CAN'T FREAKING CONTAIN MY STUPID TANGLED EMOTIONS!!!
okay I'm calm. I.am.calm.

Julian-Lena-Alex:
Although Julian somewhat grew on me in Requiem, my heart still belongs to Alex. Frankly, Alex din't do a lot in this book. He is not as active as Julian who, though struggling, managed to adapt well in the Wilds. His natural leadership skills are amazing and he...more
Sabrina
Jun 27, 2012 Sabrina marked it as to-read
OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know how to express how I feel right now! ALEX!!!!
excited gif Pictures, Images and Photos

crying misha gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Just when Alex finally appears in Pandemonium (I've been waiting the whole book for it to happen)... the book finishes!!!NOOO! WTH????!!Lauren really enjoys making us suffer huh? Waiting another year?? NOOOOO ...

[image error].
Will Smith Cry Noo Pictures, Images and Photos

Spoilers:

Julian is a really sweet kid but he just didn't grow on me as much as Alex did! I'm also disappointed in Lena because she gave up on Alex too quickly...I mean come on I know she t...more
Ta§chima Cullen
The Delirium TV SHOW has been picked up again, BY HULU. TO be aired on June 20th, 2014!

Holy shit! Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, is to become a TV Show!

The Delirium, Lauren Oliver, TV Show has it's Lena!! Lena has been cast, guys!

Click here to read 86 juicy pages of Requiem, plus an exclusive short story about ALEX!!!* (DYYING INSIDE!!)

Delirium TV Show Casting: Alex and Hana have been cast... for better or worse?

description

...there is another book right?

The DELIRIUM series cannot end this way, so vague and...more
**Kaylin**
We better not die in 2012!!!
Ayesha
Apr 27, 2012 Ayesha marked it as to-read
I actually really want Lena to end up with Alex. They had such chemistry. Julian would have been an okay replacement if Alex really _was_ dead, but since Alex is ALIVEEEEEE I'm hoping Lena gets on her knees and begs him to take her back. But oh my gosh, the ending of Pandemonium was awkward. I felt so bad for Alex... I mean, it's kind of like, "I freaking sacrificed my life for you, and you go and hook up with the first guy you're alone with? Tsk tsk." Ohhhh this is definitely going to be awkwar...more
Kat Kennedy
Requiem. When all good things must come to an end. A horrible, horrible end that didn’t do any justice to the series. But an end nonetheless. Requiem is like sitting down to a well-deserved, hot pie and relishing every bite until you get to the last one and die of poisoning without ever knowing why or how. There was literally a moment when I got to the last few pages, realized there wasn’t any more and freaked out. From enjoyment for insurmountable anger.

laughing, laughing, then STOP!

I am a solid believer that Lauren Oliver...more
Stacia (out of inspiration)
Feb 21, 2013 Stacia (out of inspiration) rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who need to see how the trilogy ends
Recommended to Stacia (out of inspiration) by: Buddy Read with Amanda, Joan and Rebecca

For as much as I bitched about Mockingjay's epilogue, I kind of think that this book could have used one.

This will be the review of can't really say jack.

After all, how do I even talk about this book without spoilers? Warning : there are spoilers for book 2 in the comments section, so don't go there unless you've at least read up through book 2.

I can probably at least say that fans of the trilogy will want to read Requiem so they can finish out the story.

I just expected more than this and truly...more
Bryan Sanchez
5 Predictions:

1) Tack is possibly Julians brother. Julian stated that everyone was afraid of his brother and same thing with Tack. Julians brothers favorite book was Great Expectations and so is Tacks.

2) Alex was cured

3) Julian dies

4) Raven or Lena's mother dies

5) Lena goes back to Portland

After reading it.

I missed the romance and passion. It lacked feelings besides for conversations between Lena and her mother. The first two are by far on another level compared to this book, at least emotiona...more
Warner Of Waroch
I have never hated a cliff hanger so much in my life.
ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. GAHHHH. ALEX.

I'M FREAKING OUT SO BAD RIGHT NOW. I THINK I FORGOT HOW TO BREATHE. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAAAAAARCH.

Blah. Lena better choose Alex or I will personally find a way into the book and murder her.

I mean, yeah sure, Julian's okay, I guess, if you like THAT kind of guy. But Alex. DHAFDOSIUFJEASFDJHIE. HE ALMOST DIED FOR HER!!! And no. He was so not cured. HE WAS NOT CURED. Yeah, I would look all stony and shit if t...more
Sam
After two cliffhangers and several months of waiting, the conclusion to Lauren Oliver’s Delirium trilogy could not have been more coveted. While, for the most part, it is a fairly satisfying final book, there is far too much left unresolved for it to truly be fulfilling.

Oliver is a talented writer. She has always had a quiet and impressive way with words, and that much remains true in Requiem. We now have two stories running in parallel, one from Lena’s perspective and one from Hana’s. This sli...more
Andrea
I don't know, I don't know what to do with my life right now, all I know is that right now I can't rate/review this book. I just can't.

Two days after:

Okay, okay I'm cool. I'm cool. I think I can do this.

And as painful as it is, I'm gonna give this book 2.5 stars.

Well, this book was a major disappointment, it got nothing solved! I kinda wish this book was a joke and that this was like Part 1 of 2 of the final book as the movies are made now.

You know when you wait for like a big ending getting...more
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
After Reading:
I must say, this is probably my least favorite out of the three books.
It's not horrible (Obviously, since I gave it five stars) but it took forever for the pace to pick up, for it to get interesting.

This book is mostly about the Resistance fighting back (HOORAH!!) but they can't just barge in and fight! They must plan first! Making most of the novel planing, not fighting.
And we all now that planing is that as fun as fighting...

Of course it's not all planning!
Since, very much like...more
Courtney
A year?!?! Really?!?! After how the last book ended they really expect me to wait a year to find out what happens! I think I might die :(

3/5/13

Ok. Wait WTF?! That wasn't the end was it? That was probably the stupidest ending of a book ever! It was more like the start to a spin-off series or a lame ass cliff hanger for book 4. I'm so so so disappointed in Lauren Oliver. This is one of my favorite series and she just ruined it! Nothing, absolutely nothing was resolved. Love triangle? Still going s...more
Jamie
May 04, 2012 Jamie marked it as to-read
********Warning, spoilers for Pandemonium in passage below*********

I'm gonna be blunt and put it out there. I don't like Julian. Sure, he's nice and all that, but he's not Alex. Julian is sheltered and too much of an important figure to be involved in Lena's romantic affairs. He's inexperienced, knows nothing on how to survive in The Wild. While Alex helped Lena, Julian is the one that needs the taking care of. He's much weaker than Alex.
My heart literally skipped like 5 beats when I read the e...more
tonya.
2.5 stars.

I'm not sure I know what to say about this one.

While I was only mildly impressed with Delirium, and found Lena to be a weak and indecisive character, I was incredibly impressed with her development in Pandemonium. Lena grew into a strong, determined character, with a cause far greater than somewhat ordinary teenage love.

In Requiem all the momentum built in Pandemonium was halted. Despite the all out war brewing between the Regulators and the Invalids, the main focus of the story was...more
Skylar
When I finished Pandemonium . . .

OMFG I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES, someone please tell me why they exist!!! D:<

In the end when Alex came back I was just like

NOOO I like Julian with Lena . . . I feel like the only one though : (

I never really liked Alex that much, I don't really know why :p.
I like Julian though. & then when I really thought he died I was like Lena is finally happy again! But then Alex came back xO. She finally moves on - and she's happy!!!- and then BAM he's back NOOOOO.

N...more
Hayden Casey
For as much shit as the end of this book got from everyone,
I thought it was pretty perfect. I didn't think it was unfair at all. Open, yes, but some easy inferences tell you everything you need to know.

I got just what I wanted from my favorite characters, and I won't lie: I was pretty excited about Lena's choice in the end.

Oliver's beautiful, beautiful writing never hurts, either.

Lauren Oliver says, in a tweet to me:

"I won't say a word! V proud of that book, though. I made some unconventional...more
Nicole
Well, I really want this book.
Really badly. Really badly. Really badly. I don't even know how to express how much I want this book.
I want to know what happens.
And as morbid as this is, I kind of hope Julian dies, so that Lena's choice is so much easier.

Um.
Yeah.
Just, um, forget about that last part.

UPDATE: What's up with the old ladies up there? They aren't fierce or anything. Why'd I put them there??? NOW GIMME THIS BOOK ALREADY. I'VE WAITED LIKE A YEAR. JUST COME ON...GRRR GIMMEEE IT'S ALREAD...more
kari
Feb 05, 2014 kari rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: 2013, ya
Don’t you just love it when you get to the end of a series, close that back cover, sigh contentedly, think of stars and sunshine, regret that you no longer get to spend time in that world with those characters, but feel enclosed in a shining bubble of contentment and happiness for that wonderful ending, hugging the book with joy?
Well, if that is what you’re hoping for with this book, you are in for one whopping disappointment, my friend.
Nothing and I mean a sum total of not a single thing, is a...more
Jayde
May 18, 2012 Jayde marked it as to-read
Okay ... I just finished reading pandemonium ... literally two seconds ago ... AND

I really really REALLY want her to end up with Julian!!
I dont like Alex(sorry)

With Alex she didnt have to fight it .. she just got swept up in the throes of a whirlwind romance.

With Julian, she fought it, she denied it and she STILL started to fall for him.

She went back for JULIAN! she didnt go back for Alex (speaks volumes me thinks)

When I was reading the Lena/Julian moments I got a warm fuzzy happy feeling in my...more
Marina

Well..

I'm going to start pleading my case here.

First of all, I have to admit that I find this a genuinely authentic theme for a dystopian trilogy. Some readers may consider it obscenely absurd. Idiotic. Daft. Pick one.

Not me.

It's actually very clever.

Can you honestly guarantee that with the rate things are going, something like this would be impossible to occur?
I mean, hear this humanity.
If dividing mankind into pre-determined factions to avoid social inconsistencies and emotional fal...more
Eleonora
I'm so angry right now, I don't even know what to say.
I can understand if an author doesn't want to tie up every loose end in a pretty bow in the last book of a series. I may not like it, but I can understand it. What I can't understand is how you can write 4oo pages of the same (boring and kind of useless) thing over and over again, and than end a series -not just one book, an entire series!- with a couple of pages of "yeah, go out and be the change you want to see in the world" crap.
I loved...more
Emily
I read the end of Pandemonium and there was a moment when I seriously thought I was dead. (some spoilers, okay). As soon as they said an escapee from the Crypts I was like "ALEX! ALEX ALEX ALEX!" And when he showed up, I was like "OH MY SWEET LORD! YOU HAVE SAVED US" and then I was like... Julian..

I am so confused by my emotions right now. Why? Why do this to us Lauren? Do you enjoy watching us suffer another YEAR while we wait for the next one. I feel like I might die.

Can't one of them die to m...more
Kendra
Mar 18, 2012 Kendra marked it as to-read
Shelby Petrie
Ok so I found this book to be my second favorite in the series. I still love the first one because, well it HAS Alex in it. The ending wasn't as big or good as I hoped it would be, I hated Julian and I was more than happy when he was kinda shoved out of Lena's heart in the end, but she still wasn't sure who to pick. *cough* Alex *cough*. I loved all the action in this book and cried multiple times. This is one of my favorite love stories because it actually opened my eyes and showed me what love...more
Allison Mcswain
SO DISAPPOINTED
I love Lauren Oliver's writing, but I feel that Pandemonium deserved to be followed with something better--something less rushed.
It's the curse of the third and final book. I hated Mockingjay because it was so rushed (like, oh, it's the final book, let's get it over with). I thought Lauren wouldn't let that happen...but I feel it did. Requiem was rushed and left me unsatisfied.
This series WAS my favorite...but this ruined it. Still love the first two books.
Leonady
JULIAN OR ALEX 773 2109 Jul 13, 2014 03:20PM
disappointing ending....will there be a book 4? 58 717 Jul 11, 2014 08:47PM
YA lovers &lt;3: Requiem 1 3 Jul 07, 2014 09:07PM
Deliria for Delir...: Requiem! 23 121 Jul 01, 2014 08:47AM
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Fragments (Partials, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)
  • Once (Eve, #2)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • Promised (Birthmarked, #3)
  • Surrender (Possession, #2)
  • The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
Lauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader.

She attended the University of Chicago, where she continued to be as impractical as possible by majoring in philosophy and literature. After colleg...more
More about Lauren Oliver...
Delirium (Delirium, #1) Before I Fall Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Panic Hana (Delirium, #1.5)

2 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Take down the walls.
That is, after all, the whole point.
You do not know what will happen if you take down the walls; you cannot see through to the other side, don't know whether it will bring freedom or ruin, resolution or chaos. It might be paradise or destruction.
Take down the walls.
Otherwise you must live closely, in fear, building barricades against the unknown, saying prayers against the darkness, speaking verse of terror and tightness.
Otherwise you may never know hell; but you will not find heaven, either. You will not know fresh air and flying.
All of you, wherever you are: in your spiny cities, or your one bump towns. Find it, the hard stuff, the links of metal and chink, the fragments of stone filling you stomach.
And pull, and pull, and pull.
I will make a pact with you: I will do it if you will do it, always and forever.
Take down the walls.”