Start by marking “A Marine for Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Marine for Christmas

A Marine for Christmas (Diamond Dust Trilogy #1)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  24 reviews

Growing up in her perfect sister's shadow wasn't easy. Especially because JC Montgomery had been in love with Liz's boyfriend for as long as she could remember. Brady Sheppard, a guy who thought of her as only the kid sister. But that all changed when Liz married somebody else and Brady ended up in bed with JC! It was like a dream come true.
Except now JC's pregnant. And B
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about A Marine for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Marine for Christmas

Ana
J.C. has been in love with her sister's boyfriend for a long time. And when Brady reached for her - she slept him, and like it usually happens in Harlequin land, she got pregnant. She has some issues and insecurities, mostly because her sister was always the prettier, more successful one in the family. It doesn't help that Brady is still in love with Liz, the sister.

Brady had some rough times. First the his fiancée sent him a Dear John letter while he was in Afghanistan, then he was badly injure
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
This book really exceeded my expectations. The characters were realistic and I quickly liked both of them. I enjoyed that there were no big secrets or misunderstandings. The conflict came from the main characters and their families.

Both of the main characters had a lot of growing up to do and you got to see that happen slowly through the book. That was enjoyable and not rushed.

My only hesitation is that both characters had some pretty big issues to come to terms with, but their resolution seeme
Kelly
2.5 Stars.

It's...weird that the hero, Brady, had dated—was even engaged to—the heroine's sister. And I could never really get over the fact that he called Jane her sister's name the first time they slept together. Also, Liz, the sister, sort of sucked most of the story. She's selfish and entitled and superior. She actually wrote a Dear John letter to Brady while he was deployed to Afghanistan and then hooked up with another man the next day—way before he would have received the letter. Classy, h
shms
This sucked me in. The quality of writing was so good that even though I didn't like the h, until almost the end it was only after I finished the book that I realised that the quality of writing that makes it real and that it was exactly what I was supposed to feel.

The resolution was difficult to swallow as I just couldn't buy the 'I'll always love her' (the sis), to 'I love you'. It gave me whiplash. Upto that point I was riveted.
Sally
Brady is a troubled soul, injured whilst on a mission in Afghanistan and then to receive a letter from his finance to say that she no longer loves him and its over. That was over two years ago and now the love of his life is getting married and he is there to watch it. Drowning his sorrow in whiskey seems to be the only way to numb the pain, after all there is no hope when all dreams have been broken.

JC is the little sister of the woman who broke Brady's heart. Trying to help him back to his hom
Booklover
hhmmm what do i say ,50% liked it but also 50% disliked it

Brady -J.C loved them but Brady was horrible to J.C through the story only in the end he comes to her ,hated J.C for being such a doormat,she should have made Brady run a little

Liz she was not bitchy but she was jealous n mean towards J.C in some scenes

But basically the story is about how Liz is confused about her feelings but eventually realises she loves her hubby Carter n goes for counselling

Brady ,my heart went out to him ,he is suf
Gail
I liked this one a lot. The heroine has been hung up on the hero for a long time, but he was in love with her perfect, beautiful sister. The sister broke up with him, married somebody else, and the hero showed up at her wedding to sulk. Heroine took him home and he made love to her. Then acted all horrified about it. Oh yeah, he's healing from wounds received in the military all this time. So, heroine's in love with hero, hero's hung up on her sister--close to the whole family--and the heroine t ...more
carol ann
Really enjoyed this romance book well-written loved the characters of Brady a wounded marine who is a torched soul & jc who had been in love with her big sisters ex boyfriend for a long time , But with her sister getting married to someone else jc goes to support Brady & when she reaches him they end up sleeping together & she finds out that she is pregnant after spending a night with Brady ,But there is one problem Brady is still in love with jc sister! He as got a lot of personal p ...more
Janga
I loved Beth Andrews's other books, but this one just hit one of my turn-off buttons. I just don't like the trope of sisters/brothers involved with the same person. I know it's a popular setup, and some of my favorite writers have used it. But it has a high ick factor for me. Andrews is an excellent writer, and she handles PTSD sensitively and credibly. This really was a case of "It's not the book; it's me." I look forward to reading other books by her.
Cassie England
This book was a great light hearted read.
Meg Kinch
I really liked it. There was room for improvement, but I have definitely read much worse. The hero and heroine both were rather childish/immature at times and their growing up was really rather slow throughout the book, although J.C. pulled her stuff together faster and finally stood up to her snooty, selfish sister. I'm looking forward to reading the others in this series to see how Matt & Aiden's (Brady's brothers) books go.
Kathryn
I don't remember the last category romance I enjoyed this much. Realistically flawed yet lovable heroine, scarred ex-Military hero, both of whom grow and evolve as three dimensional characters over the course of the story. Even the ex-fiance sister, who we dislike at the open, is a whole person who realizes her mistakes in life and makes changes to salvage her character and relationships.
Gemma
The heroine was a bit of a dumping ground for all the other characters' emotional baggage. That made it difficult to read. Well written, though. The writing style was engaging, and I might read this author again.
Jeanne
People always underestimate these books. Dealing with changes that we chose and those we don't. Accepting life as it is now and moving on. It's an important lesson to learn. Funny that it comes in a "romance" book.
Shanna_redwind
I do like my angsty heroes, and this guy fit the bill for me. Brooding, but for good reason, he struggles with what the right thing to do is.
Joan
very good book would read again
Sheri
I think this is the seventh Beth Andrews book I've read. She just officially became an automatic read for me. She is a really fine writer.
Marcella
a good book but the characters left a little to be desired they were flat and selfish and not very likeable
M.J. Fredrick
Would be 5 stars because I LOVED it, but the conflict was huge and the resolution not so much.
Helen
This is a fantastic story emotional it had me in tears and laughing. Sush a great read
Heather
One of my favorite books! Just Loved It!!!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Little Secret
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Urška Tarkuš
Urška Tarkuš marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • What Mattered Most
  • More Than One Night
  • Here Comes the Groom
  • The Fourth Child
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
  • His Wife for One Night
  • Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
  • The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) (Conveniently Yours, #1)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Love Child
  • Baby Business
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: SWAT #3) (The Precinct #15)
  • The Petrakos Bride
209748
Romance Writers of America RITA Award Winner Beth Andrews spends her time writing contemporary romance for Harlequin Superromance, sending checks to pay for her kids’ college tuition and composing texts that end up on her children’s twitter feeds. She loves coffee, hockey and happy endings. ...more
More about Beth Andrews...

Diamond Dust Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Prodigal Son (Harlequin Superromance)
  • Feels Like Home (Harlequin Super Romance)
A Not-So-Perfect Past Not Without Her Family Unraveling the Past (The Truth About The Sullivans, #1) His Secret Agenda What Happens Between Friends