Start by marking “Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1)

Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy #1)

DEFIANT BRIDE

From the first time Jasmine's eyes met those of Lord Jamie Cameron in a smoky British inn, theirs was the wrong kind of attraction -- not gentle, slow, and easy, but hot, hard, and all-consuming. The illegitimate daughter of an actress and a duke, Jassy had dreams no man could wench from her in a moment of desire. She's resist this bold nobleman with all the s
Published February 1st 1989 by Dell (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Savage Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Savage Eden

Karla
I've put off writing this review long enough, and not just because I've been up to my elbows in dirt most of this vacation and waving off the bugs who love to feast on my sweet, sweet blood.

It was good that I'd been prepped to the hair-ripping brattishness stubborn feistiness of the heroine before I'd even started, because I might have DNF'd it. But, my loins properly girded, I found it not as bad as I'd feared. In fact, the hero and heroine had a Steve Morgan & Ginny Brandon constant slap-
Willow
Who am I kidding? I'm never going to finish this silly book. I keep thinking I'll pick it up again, but please, I don't care if Jassy and Jamie pull their heads out of their asses long enough to get together. DNF
JadedlilFecker
Heather Graham's Sweet Savage Eden is well written, but I couldn't finish it. I tried. Down to the last 150 pages...still, plot M.I.A. There were gaps in the entire book where Graham merely filled in the lack of substance with extra quarrels-- having absolutely no plot-line. None of the characters were holding card, things just happen, stuff is stuff.. History shouldn't be a crutch for a book. The healing cock & traitorous body trope made me wanna throw daggers at them.

Warning: Persons prone
Regan Walker
A Magnificent Love Story That Begins in England and ends in the New World – a Keeper!

This is the first in the North American Women trilogy, a classic and one of my favorites by Heather Graham. It’s part of the Cameron Saga that I highly recommend. They were the first books I read by Heather that led me to become a huge fan of her historical romances.

It begins in 17th century England and tells of Jasmine ("Jassy") and Jamie. The story follows them to New World (Virginia), which was then very muc
Tiffany Day
Aug 08, 2011 Tiffany Day rated it it was ok
I read this back in the late 80s/early 90 as a teen and I remembered it fondly as a 3 1/2 - 4 stars. I re-read it for fun and man was I disappointed! Too repetitive, slow-moving, and not enough connection between the H & h. I remembered it as being my least favorite of the trilogy but wow - I'm SO disappointed!
Dawn
Jan 29, 2012 Dawn rated it liked it
Lorelle
May 15, 2012 Lorelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of lots of bodice ripping!

This story begins in England, 1621. The heroine, Jassy Dupre, is the illegitimate daughter of a Duke and an actress. The Hero, Lord Jamie Cameron, is the second son of a duke who has interest in creating his own settlement in the New World. He meets Jassy at an Inn, working as a serving wench, while her mother is dying upstairs. She is caught stealing from Jamie, as she pretends to be his women of the evening. The misunderstandings begin at this point, and they have what appears to be a passiona
Christina
Mar 03, 2012 Christina rated it it was ok
I think I found a book where the heroine gets treated like crap just as much as the heroine in A Pirates Love!

The "hero" if that is what you want to call him, constantly talks down, calls the heroine a whore despite that was a virgin when they married, and whisks her away with out even a moment to let her possibly reason with him all so he can have HIS dream in America. One reviewer put it well, he was raised with a loving family yet where does all this anger come from? I feel so bad for Jassy,
Danielle Asbury
Mar 28, 2015 Danielle Asbury rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed, favorites
Absolutely fantastic! Last night, I couldn't put the book down! It was well written, easy to follow and most importantly; dramatic. It was full of sexual chemistry, amazing banter and moments in which I couldn't help but smile at. The ending was a surprise I must admit, for I did not expect 'THAT' to happen (if already read, you should know what I'm on about lol). I could vividly image everything and I too was transported to Virginia; a new world indeed!
I could feel the nervousness, confusion,
Apr 15, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
One of the only books I have ever been able to re-read in my entire life!

Yes Jamie can be a 'jerk' to put it nicely, and I would never encourage women to put up with some of the things he puts Jassy through. However, it made for an exceptionally captivating story that always keeps me excited to read what happens next.

Heather Graham is an amazing novelist and this is easily my favorite romance novel of all time!
KatieV
The constant arguing/misunderstanding between the two wore me down. The intimate scenes were sensual. warning: this is an older bodice ripper type.

****Spoilers

the hero rapes the heroine the first time. They are married, but she's less than willing and he takes her roughly.
Stacy Brown
Mar 21, 2011 Stacy Brown rated it really liked it
First book in the North American Woman series. Love this series. I have read it multiple times.
Simmu Pham
Mar 22, 2015 Simmu Pham rated it liked it
The story pulls you in and does not let you go. There are no slow spots as the action and characters become so real. The sexual tension permeates the book and is very believable. You will love Jassy and Jamie and you will find yourself drawn back to those historical times at the beginning of America. This book is great but there were some parts that i didnt like in this book.
----------------------------------------------------
Other than that, It's really amazing that I enjoyed myself as much as
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 12, 2016 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it
Jasmine is the illegitimate daughter of an actress and a duke. when the Duke dies his wife makes sure no one will hire Jassy's mom so they have to work in a disgusting taken and when her mother gets deathly sick Jassy takes on the work of her mother's along with her own and tend to her mother. the first time Jassy saw Lord Jamie Cameron is in that taken. he bumps into her and makes her spill the liquor all over his maps and he goes off. and she despises him for it. at the mayday dance at her 1/2 ...more
Capri
Sep 21, 2011 Capri rated it did not like it
Take two since my device went haywire and ate my last review.

This was a rough read and if I hadn't read book two of the series first years ago, I never would have read it after reading this.

I enjoyed book two of this series, but this? This was nothing but the 'hero' verbally, mentally, and physically abusing the 'heroine' throughout the entire book. And she accepted it because she was afraid of being a tavern worker her whole life.

He repeatedly called her a whore and gold digger, he was violent
Mary23nm
This is the kind of book where the hero is a jerk to the heroine, most of the time. The heroine hates him with a passion, except when she's melting over his man-stick. They are far from my favorite type of leading characters. Somehow, the writing is so good that I had to keep reading even though the characters are such idiots. It takes near-death experiences before they can finally tell each other "I love you", and of course, she had to say it first! Then the book ends and you are left wondering ...more
Madaline
Nov 04, 2014 Madaline rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I have to imagine anyone out there who didn't appreciate this Graham Nobel must not be too familiar with older romance novel styles. Not quite a bodice ripper, the tale takes Jassy (admittedly her name drove me crazy!), a girl born on the wrong side of the sheets from London to the early days of colonial Virginia.

I actually read three books that are farther along in the series years and years ago and fell in love with writing. If you are looking for classic romance novels that
Fera Flies Free
the hero and heroine were lovely to read although mostly their time was spent by 'bickering' with each other lol. But in the middle of a twist, near the ending plot. I truly wanted to smack someone because even though the hero finally met the oh-so-called 'villain' who ordered the 'attack' just because of a 'vision', he only asked about where his lady was without any as much hatred emotion or at least a little revenge to repay the 'villain' ughh. It was what disturbed me the most, I think. But o ...more
Taffey Champion
Mar 26, 2014 Taffey Champion rated it liked it
This was not one of my favorite romances. That being said, I did enjoy the drama, action and adventure throughout (from England to the wild, wilderness areas of Virginia). I did not like that Lord Jamie Cameron ends up raping his wife in the wilderness. She does still end up loving him, anyway.
It is part of the Cameron Saga which "A Pirate's Pleasure" comes from. (that novel is my favorite of the series).

Becca Walker
Really enjoyed this. I loved the cross continent aspect that gives the novel an edge of excitement and something different. The tension between our hero and heroine is steamy and heated and the verbal sparring deliciously enraging. I wasn't keen on the ending in terms of the background story in the new world but apart from that this will definitely be one to re-read in the future. My only disappointment is I managed to get this one in the series in kindle format but I can't get the others.
Lady
Nov 07, 2015 Lady rated it really liked it
Lovely story well written but after a while the heroine gets too irritating. She deserves a slap....i like my heroines to be spunky, fiery and strong. But our heroine here is nothing but selfish stubborn bitch god knows what she thinks of herself....she doesnt know the concept of gratitude or being thank ful....anyways...i liked the story, the hero, the other characters. Heroine is okay except she is an ungrateful bitch who doesnt reddem herself enough by the end.
Gayle
Mar 14, 2009 Gayle rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book by Heather Graham. She has a gift for creating hero's and herion's who are 3 dimensional. She is wonderful at allowing you understand the flaws as well as the virtues of her characters. She writes great sexual tension. Also her love scenes can be read without all the purple proise of many romance writers. This book is on my keeper shelf.
Jen
Jun 10, 2011 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
The first three chapters made me hate the heroine, and pretty much the rest of the novel made me hate the hero. Why in the hell is he so damn angry with the world, if his world is so full of nice, loving parents/siblings/friends? His character & his backstory do not mesh up all that well, and so I just couldn't like him.
Sue
Mar 12, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
This my third HG historical and quite frankly I was worried it would start out with a pivotal prologue. Thankfully it didn't, don't think I could stood for another. Though this was shorter it reminded me of the classic Katherine Woodiwiss novel "The Flame and the Flower". Adventure, Jamestown settlers brave the new world in the 17th century as they learn to love and trust.
Rachel
Jan 15, 2013 Rachel rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I am not finishing this book. The first sex scene is a rape scene - between the two main characters who supposedly fall in love by the end of the plot.

No. I am definitely not a fan of rape fantasies turning into 'true wuv'. Not to mention the "hero" repeatedly calls the heroine a whore with very little provocation. Just... no.
Anna
Mar 03, 2013 Anna rated it it was ok
Long, slow, boring, and pointless. There was hardly a plot and it didn't pick up until the last 100 pages. I kept waiting for it to get better because I don't like to give up on books, but it never did.
April
Sep 11, 2007 April rated it liked it
This is the first book in the North American Woman series. I didn't realize this until I had read the 3rd book, "Love Not a Rebel". I kind of liked the other book a little more than this one, but it wasn't bad.
Michelle Connolly
Enjoyable and entertaining. Didn't care much for the heroine at first but quite liked her in the end. The heroe was unnecessarily rude most of the time, which at some point got tiring. Overall I had fun reading it but I don't think I'd read it a second time.
Katie
Jun 27, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
Although I must admit the characters are not my all time favorites the story is unique and I have found it difficult to find good historical romance set in the time of the early colonies. Definitely worth the read!
May 07, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
  • Lovesong (Song, #1)
  • Rides A Hero (Slater Brothers, #2)
  • Bride of the Wind
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Moonstruck Madness (Dominick, #1)
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Tara's Song
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Fires of Destiny
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Gypsy Lady (Louisiana #1)
  • Valentina
  • Innocence Undone (Kingsland, #1)
  • Sea Jewel (Viking Trilogy, #1)
  • No Gentle Love
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

North American Woman Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)
  • Love Not a Rebel (North American Woman Trilogy, #3)