Start by marking “Rakes and Rogues” as Want to Read:
Rakes and Rogues

Rakes and Rogues

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Open the pages of this superb book and enter the world of the bad boys of romance. Here are five exquisitely sexy stories by such beloved, highly acclaimed authors as Melinda McRae, Anita Mills, Mary Jo Putney, and Maura Seger. Here are sly Romeos, devious dandies, sexy scoundrels, and darkly forbidding heroes--all outlaws of the heart.
Published June 1st 1993 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Rakes and Rogues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rakes and Rogues

Rachel
Story 1 Hide and Seek was kinda cute. Very short so it mad for a nice quick read. Kinda rushed, but im just used to full books, but I still enjoyed the story. Can't wait to see how story 2 turns out.

Story 2 Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know was not my usual romance story. I normally stick to anything that isn't American related. Like Ireland, Scotland, England, etc. Story was ok. Im glad it turned out with a happy ending. It was sad that she had to lose the baby to get the end she needed. But it re
Robin
Typical historical romance anthology. Mary Balogh's story was my favorite by far. My rating: 3 Stars.
Kimngan Tran
Hide and seek 4
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know 4
The wrong door 2
Cat's paw 2
Highway robbery 1
Michelle Connolly
I've given it one star for each story I enjoyed. One for hide and seek, another for mad, bad and dangerous to know, and the last for the wrong door, which I particularly enjoyed very much. It was short but it had everything you neee to enjoy a romance. Loved it!
The ones I didn't like were cat's paw and highway robbery, which I couldn't even finish.
Suzanne
Four Stars for Mary Balogh's 'The Wrong Door', a very romantic novella in which a sexy rake finds himself in the wrong lady's bedroom.
Emy
All the stories in this were good but I was a tiny bit disappointed to find I'd read two already before...
Arabellavidal
Four stars for Mary Balogh's The Wrong Door. Very well-written and nicely paced!
Frances Fuller
Did not read at a 4 star level second time through
Ilze
The 4 stars are for Mary Balogh's enchanting story.
Judy
Five great stories
Kimberly Brauhn
Kimberly Brauhn marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Katherine Robin
Katherine Robin marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Monique Takens
Monique Takens marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Dina Essawy
Dina Essawy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • A Regency Christmas I
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • You And No Other
  • Three Times a Bride
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Includes: Three Heroes #1/Company of Rogues, #6)
  • The American Duchess
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Faery Magic
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount \ Annalise and the Scandalous Rake \ Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • Lords of Desire
  • If This Bed Could Talk
  • Sweet Masquerade
  • Miss Whittier Makes a List
  • I Love Rogues: Zuleika And The Barbarian / All The Secret Pleasures / A Taste Of Honey
  • A Christmas Collection: The Greatest Gift/ Falling Stars/ The Scent of Snow/ Footsteps in the Snow
  • Snowdrops and Scandalbroth (Regency Romance)
  • The School for Heiresses (School for Heiresses, Anthology 1)
Mary Jenkins was born on 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high-school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl ...more
More about Mary Balogh...
Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6) Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Prequels, #2) First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet #1) Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga, #3)