Start by marking “Rakes and Rogues” as Want to Read:
Rakes and Rogues

Rakes and Rogues

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  142 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Open the pages of this superb book and enter the world of the bad boys of romance. Here are five exquisitely sexy stories by such beloved, highly acclaimed authors as Melinda McRae, Anita Mills, Mary Jo Putney, and Maura Seger. Here are sly Romeos, devious dandies, sexy scoundrels, and darkly forbidding heroes--all outlaws of the heart.
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 1st 1993 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Rakes and Rogues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rakes and Rogues

Rachel
Mar 30, 2012 Rachel rated it it was ok
Story 1 Hide and Seek was kinda cute. Very short so it mad for a nice quick read. Kinda rushed, but im just used to full books, but I still enjoyed the story. Can't wait to see how story 2 turns out.

Story 2 Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know was not my usual romance story. I normally stick to anything that isn't American related. Like Ireland, Scotland, England, etc. Story was ok. Im glad it turned out with a happy ending. It was sad that she had to lose the baby to get the end she needed. But it re
Sandra Dagg
Sep 09, 2015 Sandra Dagg rated it really liked it
I am currently reading this anthology, but have decided to review each story as I read it. So many times here on Goodreads I see folks who only read one or maybe two of the stories....I feel if you pick up a book, you should be willing to read it in its entirety, but that's just my own opinion.

So, first story was Hide and Seek by Melinda McRae, and I would give it 4 stars. It's what I'd call a true Regency read, and I was impressed with the amount of character development even in such a short s
Robin
Aug 23, 2014 Robin rated it liked it
Typical historical romance anthology. Mary Balogh's story was my favorite by far. My rating: 3 Stars.
penelopewanders
May 15, 2016 penelopewanders rated it liked it
As an anthology, obviously this starts off with a disadvantage - I just prefer longer stories. These aren't too bad though and as there are two authors (Balogh and Putney) in here who I really like, I figured this was worth a read. It was, and I enjoyed discovering the other authors. The stories are interestingly varied, and entertaining. Perfect for some excessively rainy spring days.
Kimngan Tran
Aug 17, 2015 Mokona rated it liked it
Hide and Seek 4
The Wrong Door 2
Seema
Mary Balogh story was the best
Michelle Connolly
I've given it one star for each story I enjoyed. One for hide and seek, another for mad, bad and dangerous to know, and the last for the wrong door, which I particularly enjoyed very much. It was short but it had everything you neee to enjoy a romance. Loved it!
The ones I didn't like were cat's paw and highway robbery, which I couldn't even finish.
Suzanne
Nov 22, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Four Stars for Mary Balogh's 'The Wrong Door', a very romantic novella in which a sexy rake finds himself in the wrong lady's bedroom.
Emy
Feb 05, 2012 Emy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
All the stories in this were good but I was a tiny bit disappointed to find I'd read two already before...
Arabellavidal
Jan 25, 2012 Arabellavidal rated it really liked it
Four stars for Mary Balogh's The Wrong Door. Very well-written and nicely paced!
Frances
Did not read at a 4 star level second time through
Ilze
Feb 01, 2010 Ilze rated it really liked it
The 4 stars are for Mary Balogh's enchanting story.
Ritsky
Jun 07, 2015 Ritsky rated it really liked it
For Mary Balogh's story
Judy
Aug 15, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing
Five great stories
Youngshin Kim
Youngshin Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Bike Molly
Bike Molly marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
themis
themis added it
Jul 19, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
P
P marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Abigail Young
Abigail Young marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Patricia P
Patricia P rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • A Regency Christmas I
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Three Heroes #1; Company of Rogues, #6)
  • Christmas Revels
  • Three Times a Bride (Scoundrels, #3.5)
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • Sexy Beast III (Sexy Beast #3)
  • Lachlan's Bride (Highland Lairds Trilogy, #2)
  • You And No Other
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Night of the Senses
  • If This Bed Could Talk
  • Gifts of Love
  • A Christmas Collection: The Greatest Gift/ Falling Stars/ The Scent of Snow/ Footsteps in the Snow
  • I Love Rogues: Zuleika And The Barbarian / All The Secret Pleasures / A Taste Of Honey
  • The American Duchess
Mary Jenkins was born on 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high-school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl ...more
More about Mary Balogh...