Start by marking “Love by Proxy (Men Made In America 2 Series, #13)” as Want to Read:
Love by Proxy (Men Made In America 2 Series, #13)

Love by Proxy (Men Made In America 2 Series, #13)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  399 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When Amelia Glenn walked into Worth Carson's boardroom wearing a trench coat and a belly dancer's outfit, Chicago's most powerful construction magnate was fit to be tied.

But that didn't stop Amelia from performing her entire act for the swarthy chairman of the board-complete with shimmering sequins and jingling bangles.

So after Worth had Amelia fired, the last thing she
Mass Market Paperback, Men Made in America #13 - Illinois, 253 pages
Published March 1st 1994 by Silhouette (first published December 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Love by Proxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love by Proxy

Missy
Sep 16, 2014 Missy rated it really liked it
A fun crazy read. Diana Palmer is such a wonderful storyteller. She creates such fun lovable characters that you will have a hard time forgetting. She brings to life a few in this sweet moving love story that is loaded full of fun mischief. Amy our heroine is small, sassy, kind, & adventuress. Worth our hero is a mountain of man, tough, stubborn, & a teddy bear on the inside. Amy bursts into Worth's life in a belly dancer custome & a kiss. Worth seeks revenge & Amy gets arrested ...more
Tawnya Ward
Feb 23, 2015 Tawnya Ward rated it liked it
A different book than the ones I normally read of hers. Talk about a time capsule!

Small town girl in the big city, falls into a slight trap from a man that she was suppose to be playing a joke on. Small town girl turns out to be the best thing to happen to the man.

Love is such a powerful thing. Love knows no age or time.

Worth is a tough as nails biz man that the tumble into love he has for Amy, is so sweet to read about.
Jenny
Mar 09, 2014 Jenny rated it liked it
Funny sweet romance that will definitely cheer u up! Heroine is kind of crazy and sassy! Hilarious!
Amanda Sheila
Jan 07, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

Mostly because there's enough angst in this book and it made me shivers. LOL. I really like Amelia, even though she's a bit weird but she's very funny. Though there's some of her actions that I disagree, like that one when she got humiliated? Why in the world she didn't angry at him? She just let Worth come inside her house and share her dinner! I was like whaa?

But in the end, I enjoyed. I want to read something drastic though, like her bleeding a bit or stuff like that. Hahaha, I'm
Jenny
May 04, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
May 2010: I've been re-reading some of Diana Palmer's books and a new theme I've noticed (I didn't originally read her books so close together) is that a lot of them involve unplanned pregnancy and that's imitatively what brings the couples together.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Oct 17, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Finishing up all these books I started ages ago...it's a freaking DP marathon. This was a cute, fun book with a good cast of supporting characters and LOTS of fun admidst your usual DP situations.
Stephanie
Jun 19, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was funny and fresh but ive never read any other of Diana Palmers books. I will for the way she wrote this though.
Gabriela Chacana
Mar 11, 2013 Gabriela Chacana rated it liked it
The beginning was quite fun and the exchanges between Amy and Worth were really witty. Too bad that it turned really tragic like half throught it.
Suzanne Daniel
Mar 10, 2013 Suzanne Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the fort romance I had read it was beautiful funny will always be mine love by proxy my all time great romance
Erotic Horizon
Oct 23, 2008 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Love by Proxy (Men Made in America: Illinois #13) by Diana Palmer (1994)
Tiffany
Aug 16, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
witty dialogue.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Modern
Denise Mcdonald
Denise Mcdonald rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Vanessa Veil
Vanessa Veil marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Elizabeth Briscoe
Elizabeth Briscoe rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Stephanie Bedwell
Stephanie Bedwell is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Rhonda Walls
Rhonda Walls rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Beverley Horsburgh
Beverley Horsburgh rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
sandy
sandy rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Elizabeth Wilcox
Elizabeth Wilcox is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2016
Melissa Hanway
Melissa Hanway rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Jared E. Cooper
Jared E. Cooper rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Natika Anderson-vaughn
Natika Anderson-vaughn is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2016
  • Love's Legacy
  • Taken Over (Harlequin Presents)
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 Series, #11)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • A Little Moonlight
  • The Boss's Wife For A Week
  • The Seduction Project
  • Bought: One Night, One Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2785)
  • Where There's a Will (Close to Home, No 1)
  • Love Conspiracy
  • Indecent Suggestion
  • The Devil's Price
  • The Winter Bride (Harlequin Presents, #1989)
  • Borrowed Dreams
  • The Forever Dream
  • Night Moves
  • Courting Susannah
  • Dearly Beloved

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...