Start by marking “The Savage Heart” as Want to Read:
The Savage Heart

The Savage Heart

Diana Palmer's sizzling historical novels are full of soul-stirring emotion, rich storytelling, and breathtaking desire. Now the winner of a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award carries on her bestselling tradition with THE SAVAGE HEART, a fiery story of a woman with big dreams and a man who has nothing left to believe in--except her. . . .
Tess Meredith and Raven Follow
Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published June 28th 1998 by Ivy Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Savage Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Savage Heart

Jenny
Jul 14, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful love story by my queen Diana Palmer. Hero fought his feelings too long and too hard but it was obvious how much he loved Tess. I love Diana Palmer so much it hurts!
Ana
Jan 25, 2017 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Foi uma boa leitura, mas fiquei um pouco desiludida com o final, já que consegui prever a verdade desde muito cedo.
Heather
Jul 02, 2012 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Modern stuff-“get fresh with her.””nestegg.” “shady.” “gigolo.” “haphazard.” “pill pusher.” “dad.”
Some of the writing just isn’t written well at all.
Why exactly was ‘the thought of any other mans hands on her was sickening.’
Some of the language sounds british-“rake. Dandy.”
The speech is sometimes modern. It throws you out of the story.
The author is trying too hard-too much sadsack stuff. Where men beat their wives.
Suffragist stuff-been there, done that.
The landlady started off not real nice, bu
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 10, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Coração Selvagem.
Diana Palmer.
H.R. Romance 72.
2012.

Estou tentando compreender Diana Palmer, nos livros contemporâneos ela sempre apresenta uma mocinha virgem e submissa e um mocinho ogro e com aversão ao amor.

Já nos livros de época tudo é diferente, as mocinhas são fortes e determinadas, estão muito a frente de seu tempo, o mocinho e sempre protetor, amável e acha que a mocinha não quer ficar com ele.

Em Coração Selvagem, temos Tess uma mulher que deseja a emancipação das mulheres e o direto ao
Andrea Guy
Oct 22, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
Diana Palmer takes us back in time with this wonderful historical, set in Chicago in the early part of the twentieth century. You'll meet Tess Meredith the lovely suffragette and her long-time friend Matt Davis who is Sioux, but living the life of a white man in Chicago as head of a detective agency.

Their relationship really comes together when Tess' friend Nan's husband is murdered and Nan is sent to prison. Together the Tess and Matt work to uncover the real killer and in doing so they unleash
Cris
May 28, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Não se engane! Apesar deste ser um livro histórico, é um tipico palmeirão. Todos os clichês que a autora gosta estão ai: mocinho carrancudo que se acha, e mocinha pura que é totalmente apaixonada pelo cavalão.
Nesse caso, o mocinho é um indio sioux, e a mocinha é uma sufragete, ou seja, uma feminista que lutava pelo voto e direitos das mulheres no inicio do século XX. Ela é até bem moderninha para a época, mas nem por isso deixa de ficar correndo atrás do Matt e de se menosprezar para conseguir a
Melanie
Now this was a big change from most Diana Palmer books: for once, there's not (too much) angst, and the hero and heroine admit to themselves early that they love eachother.. It was a surprisingly sweet read (and a historical DP too!) that was a nice change from the usual (not that I don't like them, lol):-)
Felicia
Sep 22, 2010 Felicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
loved it, reread it many times
Sandra (bookjunkee)
Jun 24, 2009 Sandra (bookjunkee) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Samantha
I enjoyed this book
Robyn
Apr 02, 2009 Robyn rated it it was amazing
As always I enjoyed another of Diana's books. It was a very moving and lovely story for me.
Karen Geurts
Jan 19, 2017 Karen Geurts rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Tess and Raven/Matt's story. Set back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. A moving story and a few twists. Good read from start to finish!
Vittoria
Sep 25, 2012 Vittoria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I found myself re-reading this book and couldn't help but reviewing it. Finally a Palmer's book where I didn't roll my eyes once, didn't want to punch the hero into unconsciousness and where the heroine's innocence doesn't border on bloody stupidity. I can honestly say it's the author's best book, thus the five stars.

Tess and Matt have known each other for many years, during which they've become very close. When Matt realizes his love for Tess isn't of the brotherly type, he leaves for the city
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Era incredibilmente bella e non soltanto per l'aspetto fisico. Aveva un animo sensibile e un fiero desiderio di indipendenza. Aveva un cuore selvaggio"

Non è un segreto che io adori la Palmer e afferri con le mie manine bramose qualunque sua uscita (pur preferendola nei contemporanei) *ç* Anche in questo storico l'autrice ha scelto un'ambientazione affascinante e poco sfruttata, l'America del '900, ma ciò che mi ha sorpreso di più è stata la protagonista Tess, che rispetto alle solite "eroine Pa
C
Oct 26, 2012 C rated it did not like it
I wasn't expecting a literary work of art, but every now and again I enjoy a good lighthearted western. This week I was was on an old western movie kick, and bought this on my nook for $9.

It was the biggest waste of money, especially since I could not make myself finish the novel, which wasnt very long at less than 200 pages.

Tess for being a nurse was so naive it was painful, and Matt went around with his head in the ground. It was also extremely redundant, how many times do you have to tell you
Chanpreet
Dec 26, 2011 Chanpreet rated it liked it
I liked the struggle between the characters. They were not only fighting their attraction to each other, but also internal battles regarding their own identity issues. The book is set in the early 1900s, when women did not have the right to vote and were very stifled in their liberties, as well as a time when Native Americans were treated as 2nd class citizens or worse. The hero is a full blooded Sioux who is living in Chicago and has not told a single soul his truth.

It's a nice book from Diana
Amanda Sheila
Oct 03, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
Not exactly my favorite.

Mostly because I don't get my angsty twist. Kind of demanding lately and I want to read angst storyline! Haha.

But overall I enjoyed it because I like Raven or Matt. He's not the typical Diana Palmer Hero because he's not that 'annoying'. In fact he's quite patience and kind.

So yeah, I'll definitely read more Diana Palmer soon. :)
Amber Lord
Dec 23, 2012 Amber Lord rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic
I have never been much of a reader until about a month ago and i picked a few books here and there just to see what is out there. I must say that i was impressed with this book because it ties in characters from her other books as well. The savage heart is defiantly a great book and i have to tell you that i want to read all of her books. Im reading Lord of the Desert now ...
~Megan~
Really good for a Diana Palmer...not a lot of angst or terrible words spoken between the two. I've actually never read a historical by Palmer before, and I enjoyed it. This era might actually fit her writing style better than contemporaries.
Marisa
Jul 07, 2011 Marisa rated it it was amazing
this was one of the first Diana Palmer books i read and fell into a realtionship with all of her books. if you love romance like i do you need NEED to look for Diana Palmers books they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Caitlin Wyatt
Sep 16, 2012 Caitlin Wyatt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Loved it it was DIFFERENT the heroine is in the suffrage movement & the hero is Native American and awesome. They are in Chicago not Texas so yes different.
Mariana Rivera
Mar 09, 2015 Mariana Rivera rated it it was amazing
Diana Palmer siempre me hace viajar en el tiempo cuando leo estas historias, y la de Raven Following y Tess Meredith es de mis favoritas.
Sharon Sherman
May 31, 2014 Sharon Sherman rated it really liked it
The Savage Heart is another great historical novel. It takes place on the Montana plains in the late 1800s. A great way to see history.
Yetunde
Jul 29, 2013 Yetunde rated it liked it
I loved Raven Following aka Matt Davis and I loved the chemistry between him and Tess but I think Palmer dragged the plot on a wee bit too much. Still a nice read!
Linda
Feb 05, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Matt (Raven) and Tess's love story is one for the ages. Fighting racism against native Americans and for the rights of women, all this combined with a beautiful love story made my heart melt!
Cindi
Dec 08, 2011 Cindi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Diana Palmer is a treasure and her work is timeless! This is just another example of her excellence.
Helene Canotas
Apr 25, 2015 Helene Canotas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I loved this book. Loved the strong woman tess became and Matt's integrating into the white culture. It was a great read. Thanks Diana.
Puna
Apr 17, 2014 Puna rated it it was amazing
My favorite Diana Palmer book. The hero was actually nice to the female lead through most of it. Unlike most of Palmer's other books he was supportive and actually seemed to trust her.
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
Alison Lough
Alison Lough rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Mandy Gardner
Mandy Gardner rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2015
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Memory's Embrace (Corbins, #3)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Pursuit
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Key to Redemption (Gillian Key, ParaDoc #3)
  • Strip Tease (The Strip Series)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Stay...
  • Coming in Last
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
  • Animal Attraction (Halle Pumas, #4-5)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...