Start by marking “Lawless” as Want to Read:
Lawless

Lawless

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  4,059 Ratings  ·  196 Reviews
After putting 16-year-old Christabel Gaines's abusive father in prison, Texas Ranger Judd Dunn marries her in name only to save their shared ranch from bankruptcy. Now, years later, their platonic marriage has given way to passionate yearnings that neither can handle. But danger is near and their feelings may be too little, too late.
Mass Market Paperback, 357 pages
Published June 1st 2004 by Mira Books (first published 2003)

Naksed
Rappaccini's  Daughter

Are you effing kidding me???

He's supposedly hurting for money, but he has enough to buy an emerald ring for that bitch Tippy?! And he's so busy treating her like a queen, he forgets his wife's birthday and doesn't buy her a damn thing!

And that's just one of the many, MANY rotten things this creep does.

You know who took Crissy out for her birthday?
Cash

You know who treated Crissy wonderfully and was a great alpha-hero (as opposed to an alpha-hole -- I'm looking at you, Judd!)?
Cash

You know who Cash
jenjn79
Mar 25, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Diana Palmer fans
This is the only book I've ever read where I almost wanted the heroine to pick The Other Guy. In other books, the hero might do some dumb things, but you still always root for him to get the girl. But in this book, the hero more often than not made it tough to like him, and The Other Guy made it really hard not to root for him.

Lawless is one of Diana Palmer's Jacobsville books, a sort of unofficial series tied into her popular Long, Tall Texans series. This book can be read as a standalone for t
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
It was wonderful and engrossing. Diana Palmer just gets better and better. I love her ability to make us fall in love with her characters, flaws and all. I enjoyed Christabel and Judd, but I especially love Cash Grier. He's such an amazing character. He's got a seductive, enigmatic air. He also had a tenderness about him that was appealing. I must admit for a little while, I was more enamored of Chrissy and Cash as a couple then Judd and Chrissy, but eventually Judd proved his worthiness. Thanks ...more
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it liked it
I will buy anything she writes (except historical) There is a 50 - 50 chance I'll finish it. So for the Palmer books I will rate them as follows:

1) Hero: Slighly above Jerk of the year

2) Read entire book: Yes just because the storyline is intriguing and I was amazed at the hero's overbearing obnoxious manner.

3) Intriguing: Oh Yes -- dying to see if the guy could be a bigger asshole than he was on the previous page.

4) Do I still have the book or did I give it away to the goodwill: I have it and
Jess the Romanceaholic
Dec 08, 2009 Jess the Romanceaholic rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: angst lovers
Recommended to Jess the Romanceaholic by: Danielle "The Book Huntress" Hill
Chantal ❤️
Girls was way too sweet for the butthole hero.
He treats her like crap and she takes it. This is Not DP best but I have read worst.
Only part I love is when Cash comes to get her and dances with her.
The hero needs his ass handed to him for the crap he gave this innocent sweetie.
Does not happen because if it did I would have given it 5 stars.
He needed to grovel epically!!!
A good read just not great but some moments where awesome.
No cheating but a lot of OW drama and some OM drama so it's not
The
I think I wasn't really crazy about this book for two reasons. First, the hero was very indecisive about his feelings for the heroine. He was always sending mixed messages and playing mind games. Second, even though in this book they are 34 and 21, he's liked her since she was 16. That would put him at 29 at that time and I don't really like huge age differences in romances. But I want to give the author another shot because I think she is a pretty good author.

Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He married her young
To protect their co-owned ranch
But she's still virgin

I enjoyed this book
Romance, action and suspense
Young woman, but strong
Lily
Quick review - 3 1/2 stars

Diana Palmer uses the same formula she uses in all the previous books in the series.description

Old guy(30+)+ Young girl(20+)-->Ugly fights-->heroine is hurt-->Hero realises his love--> the End

Throw in a couple of secondary characters and a guy wanting to kill the hero we get Lawless.description

Why is this one different than other, you may ask, description the answer is Christabel Gaines

Unlike the common DP heroines, this one fights. She refuses to budge(eventhough we know she is acting li
Deniz
My first book by this author. Overall the book was pretty good. It was romantic and full of drama. The story and the character are well developed.
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a romance that has a bit of mystery in it , and who likes western romances
Shari Kay
Dec 02, 2016 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it
Not sure what's going on here...but not interested

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... or not? https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Janie
Rating: 4.5 stars.
Reread August 03, 2015

I've made it my goal to reread all the DP books I've read so far and document on goodreads my reactions and feelings, because I love DP. On top of this, most of DP's stories are exactly the same, same tropes, same heroines (almost always plain looking blonde and slender) etc. So i figured writing down the differences and my reaction with each book would make it easier for me to remember which DP books I love and which I only like.

Lawless is definitely one
Amanda Sheila
So far, one of the best Diana Palmer I've ever read, other than Winter Soldier! :)))

Christabel's 16 when her father abused her and tried to kill her. Judd's Texan Ranger who put him on jail for good. Feeling responsible, she married Crissy in paper only and his main reason is to save his ranch. It's been five years and now Crissy turn 21. It's time for their annulment of marriage and Judd who've been haunt by his parents separation, eager to divorce Crissy. And there is a superstar that cling to
Lelyana
Mar 12, 2014 Lelyana rated it did not like it

OMG!What did I read????

The hero have NO brain, asshole, douchebag of the year!
And the heroine was too stupid to live! How can she was just let him treated her like garbage???

I really regret picked this book ramdomly, just because my stupid hand need something to grab, when I'm doing s*** in the toilet!!!!

#grumblegrumbelthrowthebooktothetoilet!

******************************************************

Omg buku apaan nih???

Hero nya gak punya otak, asshole, douchebag of the year!
Dan heroinenya bener2
Katherine 黄爱芬
Don't recommended to me DP again!!! >.<
Astraycat
Whenever I reread the story, I sympathize with Christabel's feeling for Judd, and hate Judd's stubbornness and cruelty. I almost cry for Christabel's hurt! Ms. Diana Palmer always makes readers feel for the heroines though some of her heroes are so hateful that you want to throw the books away! For some unknown reasons, I hate Judd's many behaviors still love to reread the book.
Caitlin Wyatt
Sep 14, 2012 Caitlin Wyatt rated it it was amazing
So. Good. Might be one of my favorite books ever. I just freaking loved it. Diana Palmer is such a great writer. Christabel & Judd were romantic comedy at its finest. I love the law enforcement, and the murder investigations that are sometimes in her books, they make them so much better. Diana has such a flare for having me crack up while I'm reading her books, I laugh out loud. I just love her. This book makes you so excited to read Cash's books Renegade too, which I will.
Melodie
Mar 01, 2016 Melodie rated it liked it
I find this a frustrating read. The two characters just don't make sense to me. I hate that Judd and Crissy keep avoiding telling the truth to each other. I especially hated it when Crissy keeps victimizing herself; if she really loves Judd, then she should try a little harder. I really don't know how I managed to finish this book.
Jenny
Jan 11, 2014 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: made-me-swoon
Hero was an adorable jerk. Heroine was blind and all the misunderstandings drove me crazy. Not a fan of love triangles so I can't say I loved this story but I liked it and the epilogue was super adorable!
Marta Cox
Apr 11, 2014 Marta Cox rated it really liked it
My first book by this author. Please dont shout at me as I do realise I should have picked up her books sooner but for some reason I've discovered her work a little late and now I have I'm hungry for more! This is an author who clearly writes romance with a capital R! A story to get your teeth into filled with characters to love and hate. Pick up this book and step into a world of imagination that pulls you in and comes alive as you turn each page.
It's an odd idea for a story. Chrissy and Judd b
Ren
Review ditulis ulang, karena sebelumnya daku pake bahasa alay ==> Q, dan Qt, jyakakak

Sebenarnya males ngakuinnya, tapi baru kali ini kasih 5 bintang buat cerita HQ, bahkan lebih :D

Cerita tentang Texas Ranger sebenarnya bikin kurang minat, tapi entah kenapa tertarik buat membaca kisah tentang mereka dan juga kehidupan peternakan di Texas.

Christabel Gaines atau lebih akrab disapa Chrissy, menikah dengan Judd Dunn, seorang Texas Ranger, 5 tahun yang lalu, demi menyelamatkan Chrissy dari sang a
Kaycee ❤️
READ: JULY 2013
RE-READ: DECEMBER 2014

I'm in a mood where I want to re-read all my Diana Palmer's books. Reading her books again always give me pleasure.

In Lawless, we have Texas Ranger Judd Dunn who married a sixteen year old Christabel Gaines in secret five years ago to protect her after putting her abusive father in jail. Christabel or known as Chrissy has been in love with Judd for years. She didn't want to lose him. But even before she turn twenty-one, a time at which Judd plsn to have their
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Homens do Texas 28
Fora da Lei
Diana Palmer

Ufa!!!
Tá chegando a hora, agora só falta um livro para terminar de reler todos os livros lançados, até agora, da série Homens do Texas. Falta apenas ″Sem Coração″ que chegou hoje pelo correio.

Mas, voltemos ao ″Fora da Lei″:

Foi através deste livro, que descobri a existência da série, e me apaixonei pelas estórias da Diana Palmer. Por isso o livro tem muita importância pra mim. Tenho todo um carinho por essa estória. Mas, não foi o primeiro livro da DP qu
Jewel
Mar 18, 2014 Jewel rated it it was ok
I will do my best not give out any major spoilers but really it's all so predictable.

You know from the beginning that Crissy is going to choose Judd, he is after all the main character, but he was a total jerk and I hated him.

Every time Crissy and Judd are together having one of their boring conversations or really irritating arguments I grit my teeth and want to stop reading, and if it wasn't an ARC that I needed to review I would have.

Judd tells Crissy he doesn't want her every time he sees he
Tiff91
Barbara
Jun 17, 2009 Barbara rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I realized after Chapter 1 that I'd read this one before... A few years back I went through an obsessive Palmer phase (that I had forgotten about) so when I saw a fellow goodreaders great review on this one I went and bought it (again) just in hopes that I hadn't read it yet. But let me tell you it's aok that I had. I fell in love with Judd and Chistabel all over again.

Take it from me...no matter your reading style whether it's historical, paranormal or contemporary romance if you enjoy
Vi
Dec 15, 2011 Vi rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This book had all the tropes that can be possibly used. We have the 20 year old Mary Suey Teresa heroine (who can cure even the most evil of all human beings) with the alpha dog-in-the-manger hero. Throw is some big misunderstandings that they possibly cannot talk it out. Then the obligatory sex scene where the heroine lies to the hero about birth control (Oh noes! It's the only chance I'll get! I love him my whole life!). Of course, she gets pregnant and with twins to boot! Also, Palmer did a l ...more
Melanie
I went from a 5* to a 4.5*... I still love this book, but I almost feel that since I last read it three years ago, I've read so many angsty books that are better than this.. I still love DP's angst, but having read most, if not all, of her backlist since 2010, I see the repetition in the plots, lol... 4.5* because it's still one of my guilty pleasures!
how to read 2 41 May 12, 2011 06:03PM
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)
  • Parting Gifts
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Short Straw Bride
  • Cherish
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • Foxfire Bride
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

“I've been noble since they took you to the hospital," he said through his teeth. "I'm tired of it. I don't eat, I don't sleep, I can't even work. I remember your voice moaning in my ear like the cry of the damned while I was having you," he bit off, bending to her mouth. "You couldn't get enough of me. You couldn't get close enough to me. Your face when I fulfilled you....I ache every time I think about it.” 32 likes
“I’ll stay with her,” Maude interrupted, just before
Grier could say the same thing.
“You can’t. Not in intensive care. You can see her three
times a day, for no more than ten minutes each time,” he
added firmly. “It’s too serious. She has to be kept quiet.
No upsets.”
Judd looked as if he’d die trying not to snap at the surgeon. But he finally just nodded defeatedly.
Coltrain put a rough hand on his shoulder. “Don’t borrow trouble. Take it one hour at a time. You’ll get through this.”
“Think so?” Judd asked heavily.
“I know so. I’ll keep a close watch on her. Try not to
worry.” He nodded to the others and went back down the
hall.
Judd looked at the other three people with him. “I’m
glad you’re all here. But if anybody gets into that room,
even for a minute, it’s going to be me,” he said shortly.
Cash looked inclined to argue, but the expression on
Judd’s face made him back down.”
0 likes