Start by marking “Desperado” as Want to Read:
Desperado

Desperado (Hutton & Co. #5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  2,172 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
For the first time in paperback, bestselling author Diana Palmer delivers the sweeping tale of a Desperado. Cord Romero, a mercenary who has information that will implicate a drug dealer, realizes that both his life and the life of a woman from his past are in danger. Determined to keep Maggie Barton safe, he sets out with her on an adventure that takes them through Spain, ...more
Published June 1st 2003 by Mira Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Desperado, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperado

Kaycee Sapinoso
It was no secret on how much I loved Diana Palmer's books. I always find comfort in her works no matter what. Although most of her works seemed similar to each other I still can't get enough of them.

I loved Maggie and Cord. They were perfect for each other. Both of them have pasts full of heartbreak and pain. They were messed up. But together they were perfect. As they spent time together they learn more about each other. And we get to see them open up more to each other and learn about each ot
Dee
Two-haiku review:

They were foster kids
He hasn't treated her well
But she still loves him

Both have hurtful pasts
Up and down relationship
He was an a-hole
Christel
Apr 08, 2008 Christel rated it really liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
This was one more of action and intrigue with multiple locations even overseas. I really liked it alot. This story kept you riveted to the storyline and the characters
Laurie O'
Oct 27, 2008 Laurie O' rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy this Author, she does keep your interest. But she does get kinda of racy in some parts and some love scenes. You know this may bother some people, but if you can get over that, she is a good writer.
Patricia Mattingly
Desperado

I only wished it was longer and so glad that this book also incorporated things that are horrible in this world.
Mackenzie
Agonia e Êxtase.
Diana Palmer.
H.C.P.Sucessos 25.
2012.

Apesar de ter lido e ouvido diversas opiniões diferente sobre livro. Quando comecei a ler, tentei ficar imparcial, não ser influenciada nem positivamente e muito menos negativamente. E assim tentei manter a mente aberta para o desenvolvimento do enredo.

Mas é obvio que na já na terceira página, os comentários voltarão a minha mente com uma velocidade descomunal. Fazer o que?

Então, vamos lá...

Cord não é um mocinho horrível com
Joy
Aug 21, 2012 Joy rated it it was ok
I read this sometime round 2008 and did a quick refresh read for this review.

(view spoiler)
Jessica
when i orignally read this i loved it and initially gave ot five stars as it was one of my favs. i just finished a reread now that that im older and...experienced and im not quite as impressed. first off the dialogue is a bit over the top, if this was a movie it would be waaaaay over acted- palmer needs to lay off the exclamation points. second the sex scenes are jusy dreadful. finally the characters are so ass backwards it drives me nuts. maggie is talked about as strong an fearless but we only ...more
Amanda Sheila
Jul 06, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
Not exactly my favorite.

Maggie's been in love with Cord since she was just a kid. And now after her disaster marriage, she wants to get close to him. But he kept pushing her away. Cord's fond of Maggie, but he sees that Maggie's been keeping secrets from him, secrets that'd kills her if he found out. But what will happen if Maggie's life is on the line of fire?

Again, this one is moodkiller. I've been looking forward to reading about Cord's reaction towards Maggie's secrets. But it turns out..
Nanee Mcgee
Jan 04, 2015 Nanee Mcgee rated it really liked it
I absolutley love Diana Palmer's books. This book is about Cord and Maggie, they were Foster kids together and Maggie fell for Cord and loved him her whole life. Cord pushes Maggie away and treats her indifferently but he secretly wants her. They both caused each other pain throughout their lives by being with other people and or pushing each other away. I love the action, the mystery and intrigue. But as most of Diana's books the main character male is always tough, brooding and pushes the ...more
Manuela
Feb 26, 2011 Manuela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cvl, contemporaneo
Pieno di sensualità, passione e tensione ad altissimi livelli, che reggono l'intreccio per i primi 2/3 del romanzo in maniera ottima. Quando, però, entra nel vivo la trama principale del romanzo, che riguarda l'indagine che i due protagonisti intraprendono, lo sviluppo lascia a desiderare, e l'interessa cala leggermente, a causa soprattutto di soluzioni affrettate e semplicistiche in alcuni punti.
La prima parte, però, merita davvero, rivelando le buone doti di quest'autrice.
Cristina Contilli
Questo libro mi è piaciuto, anche se la trama è molto simile a quella di un altro romanzo della Palmer, "Emozioni senza paura", che ho letto l'estate scorsa, probabilmente perché entrambi fanno parte della stessa serie degli ex mercenari.
La Palmer ha il suo punto di forza nell'abbinare uno stile semplice e lineare a trame complesse, dove si registrano nell'arco di poche pagine colpi di scena e imprevisti.

Mirella Grace
Haduh... sebelumnya, maap maap maap deh, buat penggemarnya Diana Palmer. Saya cape ati baca ni buku. Gimana ya? Baik cewek maupun cowok riweuh banget. Jelas jelas saling menyayangi, lah kok pake masih menyimpan perasaan sayangnya. Saya gregetan bacanya. Cord si cowok, selalu nyakitin prasaan. Maggie si cewek, selalu berpendapat gak papa disakitin, yang penting bisa bareng terus ama Cord... ABCD, alias Aduh Bo, Cape Deh...
Stacey
Mar 15, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing
I had read a preview of this book a long time ago, and searched and searched for it. the other day i came across this book at my local salvation army branch. i had bought it because it was diana palmer, and not realizing that it was this book, i started it yesterday and finished it today. i loved it, i love diana palmer. i had been anticipating cord romero's love story. so glad i found it, so glad i read it!! super cute book, great quick little read.
L
Dec 11, 2012 L rated it really liked it
This was my first read from Diana Palmer. Involves the character Cord Romero and his childhood friend Maggie Barton, and a plot to kill them both after an event related to Cord's CIA activity. The characters have a haunting past, but finally see their way to realizing that their love is strong enough to survive all obstacles. Lots of passion and action.
Irina Augusta
well, not bad.
tapi yah rasanya aneh. udah yakin gak mungkin sama hero-nya tapi kok...? hero-nya udah yakin gak akan menikah lagi, tapi gak dijelasin (di deskripsikan perasaannya) mengenai dirinya yang benar-benar tidak dapat hidup tanpa sang heroine.
dan Palmer berhasil membuat aku merinding dengan masa lalu kelam heroine (aku sudah menduga ke arah sana tapi di film-kan? well...)
Melissa
Feb 08, 2012 Melissa rated it did not like it
I tried reading this three separate times. I finally stopped at chapter 6. It was painful! I liked Cash Grier in Judd and Chrissy's story which is why I was looking forward to reading this but it was like a different character completely! I really disliked him and to be honest, I hated the way DP was writing the story in general. I'm taking a DP break for a while after this.
nurmawati

luv it so much...sangat mengharukan !!
cord romero en maggie salah satu tokoh fave gw di novel2 DP....
cord bisa diandalkan dan maggie walo keliatan lemah tapi sebenernya kuat..
kasian banget pas 'aib' maggie ketauan sama penjahatnya...
bikin nangis bombay bacanya...sungguh teganya waktu masih kecil dia dipaksa untuk......
Uthie Putri Utama
ceritanya mengharukan seh... tapi.... nggak serunya Maggienya malah sibuk dengan masa lalunya yang nggak pengen diketahui sama Cord. Padahal Cord udah tau... dan cintanya Cord juga nggak kurang tuh. Malah nambah...
Andrea
Jul 28, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
Nice romance, wonderful plot about a woman moving past all the abuse she has suffered to find true love, but not a whole lot of exciting going on really. It could have had more thrill. All in all a nice read.
Angelica Stevenson
Jan 25, 2013 Angelica Stevenson rated it it was amazing
In 2005-2007 I read so many of Diana Palmer's books. My ex's mom had a lot and that got me hooked. She is an excellent author and I just enjoyed them. Especially the rancher, texas, farmer themes plots and stuff.
Patricia Solla
Oct 02, 2013 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
This storyline is definitely one of he said, she said, he believes, she believes and a few bad guys thrown for the fun of it. There's plenty of action and the story moves quickly to a satisfactory ending.
Brittany
Oct 13, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romqnce, Crime lovers
This was a great read! I loved it, though I was surprised that Maggie had so little problems with herself about her past. Also gotta love a dangerous but gentle man like Cord.
Susie
Oct 31, 2013 Susie rated it it was ok
I usually like Diana Palmer, but this one wasn't very good. She needs to stick with the romantic Westerns. The dialog was bad and corny. The story line just did not flow.
Elaine
Dec 04, 2015 Elaine rated it did not like it
did not enjoy this book at all. it just seemed to drag and the female character in this book was not at all believable. not a book that I would recommend to anyone.
Kaitlin
Jul 28, 2013 Kaitlin rated it it was ok
Typical trashy romance novel. Badly in need of editing. Read it in a few hours on the beach. Characters got boring really fast.
Stephanie Bolen
Jul 29, 2014 Stephanie Bolen rated it it was ok
I liked them cause they were damaged but then it turned into a spy movie. And a really bad one at that.
Nov 18, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Favorite book outa hers... Diana Palmer
Diana Palmer Fans: Desperado 5 11 Dec 18, 2011 05:27PM
  • The Soldier And The Baby
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Love's Legacy
  • You Are Always on My Mind: Hell Yeah! (Hell Yeah! -Cajun Style #17)
  • Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Forever Dream
  • Beauty and the Baron
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • Butterfly

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Hutton & Co. (5 books)