Start by marking “Il gioco proibito: L'inseguimento” as Want to Read:
Il gioco proibito: L'inseguimento

Il gioco proibito: L'inseguimento (The Forbidden Game #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  3,377 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
Jenny e i suoi amici hanno accettato la sfida di Julian, l’Uomo Ombra, e sono riusciti a confinarlo nel suo mondo di ghiaccio. Hanno vinto il Gioco Proibito, e sperano di essere usciti per sempre dall’incubo. Ma Julian non si arrenderà finché non avrà soddisfatto il suo folle, malato desiderio. Vuole che Jenny sia sua, ed è disposto a tutto per averla: rapisce i suoi amici ...more
Published October 14th 2010 by Newton Compton (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Il gioco proibito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il gioco proibito

(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Jenny and her friends thought they’d won the game, but with the game missing, and Julian possibly on the loose, are any of them really safe? Or is this just the pause before a new game begins?

This was a great second instalment in this paranormal trilogy.
I love the way Julian always aims big, he doesn’t just want Jenny, he wants to make sure that her friends suffer too!
I loved the little clues, even the ones that didn’t make sense, and Julian. Oh my! Julian I
Manna
Jul 11, 2016 Manna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok.
Not as exciting as book one anymore. I feel like it's repetitive.
In the game, Julian was wicked-mad-cute-cold while Jenny was love-julian-love-tom....

This whole book Jenny was basically the main characters while all her friends were kidnapped one by one. The game started too easy, too quick, and for some reason I wasn't that engaged. I wasn't worried about them. It lacked the element of suspense, which i think is very necessary for this type of trilogy.
Keertana
Jun 16, 2012 Keertana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I have to admit, I thought The Chase was headed down the path of that book. You know, the Second-Book-in-a-Trilogy Syndrome where the middle novel drags and becomes unusually boring. Thankfully, Smith managed to turn that around and prove me wrong a little before the half-way mark and I'm glad to report that I found myself more spooked, more frightened, and more terrified by this fantastic sequel.

The Chase picks up right where The Hunter left off as Jenny, Tom, Audrey, De
Abbie
Feb 20, 2014 Abbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this one was the one i found better than the first, but it must have been the third i was thinking about, as this one wasn't quite as amazing as The Hunter.

The characters were still really good.
I don't know how they've managed to get through everything that's happened, without having a complete breakdown.
Julian wouldn't give up, even if they did end up in a psychiatric hospital though!

Overall, a great read, just not as great as the first.
Jenna
Jun 02, 2011 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as I thought, I was horribly terrified! Just when I thought it was finally over, Julian seems to be hanging up by the moment, still hung up on Jenny. Tsk! I’m like “Just get over her man! gosh!” he’s killing me!!!! At first, I was also thrilled about Julian, I can’t think darkness is him or stuff, I think he was gorgeous etc. But then right in the middle of The Chase, I just woke up and was disgusted with him. I’m sorry ladies, but it just happened. I’m team TOM! (I never thought changing t ...more
Bex
Jan 11, 2011 Bex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-books
After trapping Julian in his own shadow world, Jenny hoped that he would never return. What she didn’t count on however, was the game being stolen and the two teenage thieves managing to free the Shadow Man. Now Julian is back and this time he’s angry…

Jenny is offered the chance to play a new game, lambs and monsters. The lambs are Jenny and her friends and they don’t stand a chance against Julian and his shadow creatures, the creeper and the lurker. One by one, Jenny’s friends are being captur
Perfection *Sherlock's Girl*
If I could give this book 6 stars I would.
Every single character outdid her/himself. Even Tom seemed less 2-D. He actually showed some strength of character. I finally saw a hint of what Jenny saw in him.
Jenny herself was BRILLIANT. Better than book 1 even. Dee, Audrey, Michael, even Zach were great.
But Julian. Oh god, he was sinister in this. Far more evil than book 1. He actually seemed like shadows and darkness come to life.
(view spoiler)
Kushnuma
The Chase is book 2 in The Forbidden Games series.

Julian has started a new game: lambs and monsters. One by one, Jenny's friends are being taken by the Creeper and the Lurker, and Jenny must find the Shadow Man's hide-out in order to free them all and free herself from a promise...

Of course I loved reading The Chase and glad that Julian isn't giving up! I liked the clues that Julian was giving to Jenny, although she didn't have enough time to actually figure them out. Overall, a great read!
Megan
Book 2 of 3. The Forbidden Game trilogy. Very good. Middle school level reading. However, has many classic themes that all ages will enjoy. Find, read, and re-read! (put on keeper shelf!)

This time The Game is “lambs and monsters.” Two kids stole the paper doll house game at the end of The Hunter (P.C. and Slug)… they let Julian free after Jenny had trapped him with a rune for restraint. Now Julian is back and willing to do anything to make Jenny keep her promise to him that she is his for all et
Fantasy Literature
Well, I do have to thank the TWILIGHT phenomena for one thing at least, and that's that the collected trilogies of Lisa Jane Smith have been pulled out of the Simon and Schuster publishing vault, given brand spanking new covers, and re-released for both a new reading audience, and old-time fans who are ready to fill in the gaps on their bookshelves.

Out of all Smith's body of work, it was The Forbidden Game that I was least familiar with. First published as a trilogy, the middle book was on the s
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Sep 05, 2012 Greta is Erikasbuddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Greta is Erikasbuddy by: Sunny
The gang is back again and this time instead of being hunted... they are being chased!

Ok.. that's kind of the same thing but now they know that Jullian is after them.

The paperhouse isn't around but Jullian still is. IT's time to go back into the Shadow World and play a game. Jullian loves to play games.

This time he wants to play Lambs and Monsters. He's the Monster and you guessed it... everyone else is the lambs.

Jenny of course has to figure out a way to rescue her friends. But can she do it?
Diana lullaby
Mar 05, 2013 Diana lullaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So in this second game, it is more of like a chasing game. The shadow man aka Julian, will get Jenny's friends one by one. With a time limit, Jenny has to find Julian's base where her friends are kept before he finds her.

I'm definitely enjoying their mysterious romance. What is it with Julian that makes him seem so beautiful and dangerous at the same time. oh right, he is a devil afterall. Strange that he loves Jenny. Are devils even capable of love?
I keep wondering about that.

Interesting book.
Maddycat123
Jun 29, 2014 Maddycat123 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the whole trilogy and love this book but hate the covers the only thing i did not like in this book is that not much happens until Julian appears and he does not appear in a long time
Nadia  Islam Nitol
This book revolves with the gang going after Julian, again, but the story doesn't get interesting until chapter ten from what I recall. There were no real action this time around, unlike the previous one, since Jenny doesn't get to the base until last minute. I think this wanted to show the romantic tension among the love triangle. I still enjoyed reading it, but thought the first one was better.

Look at this cover.

Now tell me why Julian looks like an evil vampire from the 80s, I'm confused.
Jess Swann
Un second tome un peu moins bon que le précédent... Le début est un peu "ridicule" à mon sens : la manière dont le petit groupe explique la disparition de Summer (en disant la vérité) n'est absolument pas traitée par la police ou par des médecins... Franchement, ils auraient du faire l'objet d'une enquête parce que, soyons francs, qui pourrait croire une histoire pareille ?

Idem, les survivants s'enfoncent de plus en plus dans une sorte de parano qui semble confiner à la folie (la façon dont Jen
Comicfairy (Leanne)
One of my faves as a kid growing up. Julian is probably the most memorable male character from ANY book I've read. Also, the occult and mystic aspects have a very unique slant to them (including Norse runic elements), as does the obsession Julian has for Jenny, whom he has shadowed since her childhood. Smith heavily researches her topics and it's admirable; this is evident in many of her series including my favorite "Secret Circle" books. All Smith books are entertaining for women of any age!
Anne
3 stars (Read 24 May 2016)

First half: 1 star
Second half: 4 stars

(view spoiler)
Marina
THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD! and I'm absolutely excited for the last book.
I love the whole concept of 'the games'.
and Dee is a frickin' badass, I love this character so much.
Jenny herself is not that likeable in my opinion, but she's not annoying or anything like that, she's just not that ineresting herself, even though she is the main character.
I could definitely understand what Tom was trying to do in this book and I really appreciate it. I think Tom is a really sweet character and he tries his bes
Jessica
This is one of the books that absolutely fascinated me as a kid (and undoubtedly contributed to my obsession with the Byronic hero/ine). Some of it's kind of over the top, but the way L.J. Smith weaves together mythology, fairy tales, fantasy, and good old-fashioned sexy teenage angst makes for a great story. I'm still pretty attached to the series, and I read it from time to time. I get all worked up in the same places every single time.
Soumya ~CrazyAngelicVamp~
This book was awesome and very terrifying. A roller coaster. I loved it. The plot, narration-awesome. Jenny makes an excellent main character, but I don't love her. Something about her... just doesn't click in my mind. Loved Dee, Audery and Michael are just-cool. I wanted more of Zach, and am beginning to see why Jenny loves Tom, though I am a long way from liking him. And then there's Julian. Julian. That cool predator, who loves to play and is fierce with his love for Jenny... he's just like D ...more
Claire (not Danvers)
I still wish little Jenny would just give in to Julian but you know, he's the bad guy. What kind of person am I? OMG.
"En garde, Julian. It's not over till it's over."
Uhm, first of all, I have to say that Julian is the sexiest character L.J. Smith has ever written. Then Damon comes next in line, of course. There's always something alluring about the bad guys. I don't know what it is, a mixture of pride and confidence?

Second, this book was frustrating to read...
We start off with a disturbing
Ria
Oct 04, 2015 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The kids thought it was all over but boy were they mistaken, Julian is back and he is picking Jenny's friends off one by one and taking them to the world of the game and to save them Jenny has to join him in the game world.
As she desperately tries to stop him taking them aided only by the help of obscure clues and riddles that Julian is sending to taunt them its a race against time as one by one they slowly start to disappear.
What started off as a game has turned into a deadly hunt and life and
RiRi
Jun 09, 2014 RiRi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have read from the Forbidden Game Trilogy
faeriemyst
I'm probably being a bit generous with three stars, but it wasn't a completely horrible book, but could be a bit boring for such a short book.
Krystian Wente
Feb 08, 2014 Krystian Wente rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, loved this book! Especially reading it late at night in the dark ;)
Ash
Sep 24, 2016 Ash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first, but a realistic followup considering the events that ended the first book. It's a little more gritty and a little less sparkle. There was too much time spent dragging the plot, imo, but the writing made it easy to get through. Also, there really should be more cat and mouse for this title, -considering- the title, and there's a major absence from the fantastic feel of the first. In the end, the loveable group of friends and especially the spirited and mysterious persuer ...more
Jessica
The Chase is the second novel in L.J. Smith's The Forbidden Game trilogy and carries off the story a few weeks after The Hunter ended. Julian may have lost the game in the paper house, but he's not done with Jenny and her friends just yet.

The first thing that came to mind about this book as I read through it was that it actually had multiple points of views, going through each of Jenny's friends at least once, though it still did focus the most on her. Jenny has become a lot stronger of a person
Shali
I still don't know what to say about this.

It was extremely frustrating.
The characters were so immature, and (view spoiler)

The setting wasn't ideal- everything taking place in their own world, was boring to me. It didn't feel like the Game.

But anyway, it was even worse t
The Bookavid
Originally Published On My Review Blog

In "The Chase", the second novel in the The Forbidden Game Series by L.J. Smith, Jenny and her friends think they have escaped the mysterious Shadow Man Julian. Little do they know that the intruders that took the game at the end of "The Hunter" are already trying to figure out what it is. When they release Julian - whether on purpose or not - Jenny, Tom, Dee, Audrey, Zach and Mike have to watch their every step. Julian is back, and he wants to play a game.

I
Connie
After the paper house that contained their worst nightmare was stolen before it could be destroyed, Jenny and her friends set out to find it while fighting off accusations that they were responsible for the death of their friend, Summer, of course nobody believes that a sexy shadow man named Julian killed her. But while facing this, they also have to try and maintain their friendships and relationships which becomes too much for Jenny and Tom who can't deal with the idea of Jenny and Julian. But ...more
  • The Dance (Final Friends #2)
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • The Yearbook
  • Heart of the Hunter (Fear Street Sagas, #9)
  • Touched with Sight (Shadow Thane, #2)
  • The Mummy
  • The Stalker
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Forbidden Game (3 books)
  • The Hunter (The Forbidden Game, #1)
  • The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)

“Love and death are everything, Jenny. Danger is the best part of the game. I thought you knew that."
-Julian”
100 likes
“War and hunting and chasing-that's all there is. That's life, Jenny-no one can escape it.” 37 likes