Start by marking “Chasing Alex” as Want to Read:
Chasing Alex

Chasing Alex (Yule Be Mine)

Trapped by a snowstorm in a remote cabin in northern Michigan, photographer Victor Schwartz hopes to convince his assistant, Alex Merit, that he has serious intentions...But will Alex see past the playboy to the man who wants it all, or will he toss Victor out in the cold?
Published December 13th 2010 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Alex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Alex

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
What a cute story. I loved both Alex and Victor although they were both a bit thick in the head. It made me happy reading it.

For Say and Lucy they were both “good sluts”
Serena Yates
Nov 03, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is quite a cute short story. Winter-themed more than Christmas-y, it has one of the characters, Victor, use a snowed-in cabin as a device to stop the other, his subordinate Alex, from leaving before he has a chance to finally let him know how he feels about him.

Victor is an idiot. He messes up his declaration, misunderstands Alex’s concerns and generally pissed me off. Alex isn’t much better. Instead of believing what Victor says, he assumes Victor will leave him eventually and voices this
Ami
Dec 13, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Chris
Dec 12, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, ebook
2.5 stars. Ok short m/m romance about two guys who've worked together for several years and have both wanted more, although neither realized the other felt the same. Both of them seemed to spend too much time jumping to conclusions and overreacting, which I found frustrating.
Asynia
Short and shallow story with mostly sex. Alex and Victor have worked together for years and they both have feelings for each other, but they're really bad at expressing it and considering how extremely bad they are at communicating with each other it's a miracle that they've any success in their work life. But maybe they just can't communicate their feelings and/or desires...

Not much happening here but sex. We get virtually no background and the MCs are one dimensional, so I just didn't care abo
Courtney
Jan 14, 2017 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Oh man, I loved these two idiots. This story had a perfect bend of humor, misunderstandings, adorableness, and sexiness. There was one moment when I thought the story was going to end up being straight smut (view spoiler) ...more
Meggie
Jun 13, 2011 Meggie rated it did not like it
I just couldn't enjoy this story. The start was abrupt and there was no knowledge about both main characters. Victor didn't know Alex was in love with him and vice verse. I didn't much dislike that part of the story, but couldn't they talk it out? Those hurtful emotions from Alex side were just childish and empty, he could listen to Victor. Their arguments were silly. I will never understand why do people hide emotion of being in love, It's just bothersome in long run. In general everything was ...more
melek
Sep 04, 2015 melek rated it it was amazing
Cute story about victor and alex in the cabin they known each other for a few years alex is victor assistant. Alex has fallen in love with victor but victor is like a player, But victor has an agenda to get alex and him alone spend time together. But through that time there will be some communication problem but all in all a very good read.
Janna
Jun 27, 2011 Janna rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
The constant push and pull got on my nerves a bit. It was unreal how often these guys got angry and hurt, back and forth, in such a short span of time. It all felt a little shallow and too hotheaded for my taste. I also missed some backstory on Victor and Alex, which could have made them both more fleshed out. 2.5 stars.
Bookwatcher
Dec 02, 2012 Bookwatcher rated it really liked it
Cute short romance :-)
Only problem, the editing -.-" Found many editing problems... And my English sucks, so probably there are more than the ones I underline
Anyway, good short story :-) I would rec to readers searching short romances without complications or angst
Lea
May 30, 2011 Lea rated it it was amazing
A storm has been building between Victor and Alex for a long time. Their geting carried away during a snowstorm and then having to work at keeping their love from melting when the weather clears makes for a hot and fast read.
Kari Gregg
Apr 02, 2011 Kari Gregg rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, 2011
The first half was intriguing beyond measure. Loved the premise and am now wondering if there's anything else on Graham, a secondary character I'd adore to revisit. New-to-me author -- I'll be reading Em Woods again.
Rachel Emily
I had a hard time connecting with the characters at the beginning, but I wound up liking them by the end. I was not a fan of Alex jumping to conclusions and them just not being able to talk things out!
Dianne Hartsock
Nov 28, 2011 Dianne Hartsock rated it really liked it
Delicious story! Another example of why, though, if you love someone, tell them. It was in everything they did, but never said. There were times I wanted to shake both of them, but I loved following their romance to their happy ending. I'll have to see what else Em Woods has to offer. :)
Don Bradshaw
A short story about two men in love with eachother but too insecure and bullheaded to admit it to the other. Not much on plot.
Sue
Feb 08, 2013 Sue rated it did not like it
Did not finish.
The characters just annoyed me, and I can't bring myself to care how a book ends when that happens. I plodded on a bit, but in the end gave it up as a bad job.
Maxine
Maxine rated it liked it
May 28, 2012
AJ
AJ rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2011
Swati
Swati rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
T.
T. rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2011
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2010
Lee Brazil
Mar 22, 2011 Lee Brazil rated it really liked it
lovely little story ~
Finry
Finry rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2011
Coolkitty
Coolkitty rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2012
Marlobo
Marlobo rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2011
jenna
jenna rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
Bookbee
Bookbee rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2010
  • Ice Around the Edges
  • Hopes and Fears
  • Grand Jeté
  • All Snug
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Saving Zeke (Men of Riverside, #4)
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
  • One Night Stand
  • Personal Shopper
  • Don't Look
  • The Forgotten Man
  • The Christmas Wager
  • Finn's Christmas (Endangered Fae #1.5)
  • Jesse's Christmas
  • Xavier's Xmas
  • Counterpoint: Dylan's Story
All about little ol' me? Hmm. Okay, the normal stuff first. I currently live in the Midwest near Detroit, Michigan with my husband and two sons who are ten and seven years old. All three keep me on my toes. I work in the automotive industry making sure all the parts inside the car look pretty along with handling all the paperwork that goes along with that (you'd be amazed at how much there is!).

More about Em Woods...