Start by marking “Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar Sing And Read Storybook” as Want to Read:
Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar   Sing And Read Storybook

Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar Sing And Read Storybook

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Paperback
Published 2006 by Scholasic

Be the first to ask a question about Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar Sing And Read Storybook

Seon Kim
This books encourage children to think critically to predict who took the cookie. I can actually do an activity where children find the cookies that are hidden in the classroom by listening to my clues. For example, I'll say, "the cookie is in the area where we read."
Matt Vagts
Mar 25, 2016 Matt Vagts added it
Shelves: picture
Picture book #18
This book is about figuring out who took the cookie from the cookie jar. It is very repetitive so it would be great for beginning readers. As they go through the book they keep accusing students of taking it but they are wrong and at the end they find out the classroom pet Spunky took the cookie.
Sherry Thornberry
You almost cannot help but read this book in the rhythm of the popular children's song. There is a lot of repetition of word and a flow to the book as well a great pictures.
Jaelyn J.
Jul 12, 2015 Jaelyn J. added it
Shelves: humorous
My nephew absolutely loves this book! I would scan, print,and laminate the pages of the book. Then I would have the students sequence the pages according to the book.
Savannah
Apr 10, 2014 Savannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
One of my favorite songs as a child.
MissyDevoursDelishReads
5 Stars
Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar Sing And Read Storybook
Viviana Garofoli
Fun, entertaining read for children & parents, with very cute illustrations.
Our daughter picked this book out last year as a Christmas gift from her Kindergarten teacher. She adores the rhyming and sing-a-long song repetition.
Her favorite pictures are~
music class, recess & *the ending page* she really giggled! :O
Kyle Baldwin
This book can be used for fun through the rhyming and repetition. The names of the students in the book can also be substituted with the teacher's real class to make it more fun and engaging. This book took also shows how each student tattles on each other only to find out that none of the students really took the cookie. Valuable lessons could be taught regarding the potential dangers of tattling.
Latise
Jun 24, 2012 Latise rated it really liked it
This is a great book to sing to younger students. Teachers can read this book aloud to students and after, the teacher can create an activity where students manipulate the story, and locate the missing cookies in their classroom. This is a great way to build a classroom community while having fun and eating cookies! :)
Airiel Owens
Aug 22, 2011 Airiel Owens rated it liked it
Shelves: sing-and-read
This book would be good during singing and dancing time.Its a fun book to read with your class and they can easily help you sing it because the pages are repetitive except for the last page. It will get students excited while they try to find out who stole the cookie from the cookie jar!
Kelsey Scherer
Nov 27, 2013 Kelsey Scherer rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book at my work! When reading this book to the toddlers, I began singing the words instead of just reading it to them which made it a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed this book. A colorful and creative way to introduce this "game or song" to kids.
Isha Barrie
I love how the classic "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" song has now become a book. As I was reading I couldn't help myself but to sing the song as I was turning the pages to figure out the mystery of the cookie thief. Great READ!!!
Nov 26, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This book is good for helping students transition between activities or to just get rid of some energy. With the rhyming words and the recurring lines, the students can catch on to it quickly.
Shelley
Apr 14, 2012 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: rhyming
This is a fun book to read. You can use it during morning meeting to get everyone awake and ready for the day. It is set to a song beat so it is easy for students to follow along.
Yejide
Jun 25, 2012 Yejide rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute
Great for music & movement. The children can help sing along since it has a lot of repetition. Also keeps them eager to find out who has the cookie.
Kamyshia
1). THIS IS A FUN BOOK TO JUST MOVE AND SING ALONG TO , BUT IT COULD ALSO BE USED TO SHOW REPITIONN AND HOW THE STORY REPEATS ITSELF.
Shelly Lindsey
Nov 22, 2011 Shelly Lindsey rated it it was ok
Great book using repetive phrases and rhyming words. Book is really fun!
Ladonna
May 17, 2013 Ladonna rated it liked it
Shelves: kindergarten
Repetition throughout the book. Not one I would use to read aloud.
Kei Denevan
Kei Denevan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Deb Frazier
Deb Frazier marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Sara Adkins
Sara Adkins marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Thebucks2005
Thebucks2005 marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016