Start by marking “Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy, #3)

Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy #3)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,392 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
She felt his tongue gently stroke her lips...and his hands, caressing her shoulders, moved downward to mold her hips. "No, please," she said, sobbing with desire...

Beautiful Victoria Abermarle feared and fled the imperious desires of handsome Damien Carstairs, Baron Drago. But there was no escaping her own desires when she was rescued on the lawless highways of Regency Eng
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published May 4th 2004 by Signet (first published August 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Moonspun Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonspun Magic

Kari
Aug 21, 2012 Kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
I think I liked Moonspun Magic the best out of the Magic trilogy. I had liked Rafael's character in the previous book, Calypso Magic. It was nice to see that he wasn't really a pirate, but a spy for the government. While a bit naive, Victoria give Rafael a run for his money. I thought they were well matched. Since this is a trilogy, the characters from the first two books show up in this one. It is always nice to "catch up" with familiar characters. Ms. Coulter has also added in a very evil char ...more
Amanda Caswell
While fleeing the advances of her brother-in-law, she runs into his identical twin brother. While trying to repair the family rift, they stumble upon a mystery involving a revival of the Hell Fire Club. The story was sweet, the sex easy to skip, and the mystery rather intriguing. The denouement was rather fast, and the quick change of the villain almost unbelievable, but it was an enjoyable read. On an interesting side note, this was the second book I picked up at the library that week which inv ...more
Sue
Mar 02, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I enjoyed this book it had an interesting cast of characters in the story, the plot was well used in the sense that it's been used before. The middle was a bit soft because it kept rolling around the same theme. But, it had a strong finish.

3.5
Rachel (Sfogs)
Dec 14, 2010 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
Saddly as this book was sent to me (with a pile of others) from overseas it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to read the first two books in this series. They aren't even in the library!

This was a great story though at times a bit predictable, and the amount of times I wanted to reach into the story and shake Victoria and tell her to "just show him the damn leg" were uncountable.
Marian
Mar 21, 2009 Marian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this back in the early 90s and only vaguely remember Captain Rafael Carstairs. I haven't begun it yet...it's on my too-read-next table.

Coulter was rather harder on her heroines during these years. I found myself wanted to slug Rafael frequently.
Michael
Oct 10, 2010 Michael rated it it was ok
The hero and heroine were okay, but the villain did some horrible things and got away scot-free. He really needed to get what was coming to him and I was disappointed that he didn't.
KR Garland
Jan 25, 2015 KR Garland rated it did not like it
both the hero and villain were evil. rafe only had to dominate her sexually and all would be fine? I was disgusted by this. I tried to finish but couldn't. luckily I remembered I was reading on my kindle or I would have thrown it across the room as I have with others. just another horrible book were it wasn't rape because she climaxed. if coulter is male then this crap is exactly what one would expect from a male "romance" writer. if its a woman, the story is even more insulting to anyone male o ...more
Giaghazal
Nov 18, 2014 Giaghazal rated it it was ok
Moonspun Magic left me uncomfortable. I want my villains get punishments, and I want my heroes to do some heroic acts instead of spending their time inside the heroines ( pardon for my crudeness ) , but I never saw a single heroic muscle in Rafael. Every single villain was forgiven and they all lived happily ever after, probably doing their acts somewhere else or sometime later. If CC wanted to end her novel this way, she should not have invested my heart against the tales of satanic acts. Who a ...more
Debbie Loflin
Jun 24, 2014 Debbie Loflin rated it really liked it
These books are fast reads and full of controversy to keep me interested. I can't believe I am reading love stories...lol
Annette Meier
Jul 17, 2015 Annette Meier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the 3rd part of this trio. Especially the nod to the "Song" series and Graelam DeMorton.
Thenia
Nov 25, 2012 Thenia rated it liked it
A bit disjointed at times and overly dramatic, this is the story of the good vs. bad twin and the woman in between. A secret perverted club added, whose leader is a mystery I figured out early on, and misunderstandings and highhandedness and pride that make the main hero and heroine fight quite a bit, prolonging the drama.

It has its good moments but it's not a story I would want to re-read.
Sandra
Apr 04, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it
Victoria and Rafael.
Ty
Sep 16, 2011 Ty rated it it was ok
I was wondering how it was that I read book 1 and 2 in the series and hadn't read the 3rd book Moonspun Magic. Now I know why I don't enjoy reading about clans and how this one was basically raping virgins. I had a hard time understanding how a father would get paid to have the gang take him virgin daughter for the night.
Chris
Nov 17, 2013 Chris rated it it was ok
Two major issues: The H spent the majority of the book proud of his ability to control his wife through sex, since wives, like children and ship crews, need to be kept in their places. The evil twin villain enjoys gang raping YOUNG virgins, but in the end he's not all that bad? What!?
Brittany
Sep 20, 2010 Brittany rated it really liked it
I feel jealous of this girl in this book I mean two twins, curvy body, everybody wants her, and yet she only dates the one twin! Oh, but what an interesting story plot! Very good book! I do recommend this book so READ IT!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ooh, I liked Rafael. He's the good twin. Although Damien is a lovely name too. Victoria and Rafael together was sweet. The usual good HEA story I've come to expect from Ms. Coulter. This is an enjoyable Sunday afternoon read.
Stephen
Dec 07, 2015 Stephen rated it it was amazing
I have been reading books by Catherine Coulter for some time now and I absolutely fell in love with Moonspun Magic. It is a great romance novel and is highly recommended to anyone looking for an adventure.
Megan
Jan 30, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
Rafael and Victoria...and Damien...and the hellfire club. Lord, so many stories come together and it works. I swear, I love Catherine.
Jennifer Adams
Nov 27, 2012 Jennifer Adams rated it really liked it
enjoyed it. quick read. wanted to hit the male protagonist over the heada few times for being supremely male, coulter nails that!
Lesli
May 27, 2013 Lesli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1999
Typical historical. Good/evil twins. A Hell Fire club. As is typical for CC, the previous characters show up in this book.
Luz Adriana
Feb 01, 2009 Luz Adriana rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, though it was the third of the series. I think i am going back and read the first and second.
Kathy
Aug 13, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Evil twin, secret societies, physical deformity revealed after the wedding! This book was a hoot!
Terri
Nov 14, 2015 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read-books, 2015
#3 in the series not that good. 2twins Damien and Rafeal and Victoria.
Katherine ang
Jul 30, 2012 Katherine ang rated it did not like it
The least likable book of catherine coulter. I didn't even finish the book.
Seema
Rafael car stairs and Victoria..it was okay
Cassandra
Linda
Apr 07, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Coulter
Lynnette Abbey
Lynnette Abbey marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
  • Petals in the Storm (Fallen Angels, #3; Regency, #2)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • His Wicked Kiss (Knight Miscellany, #7)
  • Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Vanity (V, #7)
  • Paradise Wild
  • The Enchanted Land
  • Impulse
  • I Thee Wed (Vanza, #2)
  • My Only Love
  • The Perfect Lady Worthe
  • Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies, #2)

Magic Trilogy (3 books)
  • Midsummer Magic (Magic Trilogy, #1)
  • Calypso Magic (Magic Trilogy, #2)