Start by marking “Wild Star (Star, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Star (Star, #3)

Wild Star (Star Quartet #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  796 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Brent Hammond is as handsome as sin and wilder than an unbroken stallion. When he meets Byrony by chance, he's charmed. But when he sees her again, as the petted wife of an older rich man, he's chagrined. Until her life is threatened—and he discovers that only he can protect her...
Published March 1st 2002 by Signet (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Star

Alexis-Morgan Roark
It's like a repeat of my review for "The Coming Home Place." How much pain should one heroine have to endure? She deserved a freaking parade and a lifetime supply of chocolate!!!
Riccarla Roman
Wild Star is a bodice ripper in the best sense of the word. The hero, Brent, is banished from his plantation home after his father catches him with his stepmother.

Jump ahead ten years and we meet our heroine, Byrony, has returned from 19 years in Boston where she lived with her aunt, who has just passed away. Byrony's father is an abusive lout who beats her and accuses her of being a slut. She ends up married off to an older distant cousin, who wants her to claim his half-sister's baby as her ow
Black Elephants
If this book weren't a romance, here's what would happen: Our protagonist Byrony learns to stand up to and leave behind all the people who try to control her, including her stepfather, ex-husband and dark lover Brent. But as this is a romance, she must stay with Brent no matter what - sigh. Once or twice, Coulter dangles the possibility of Byrony suddenly developing a character in which she makes plans to explode and leave everyone behind for a better life, which is why I kept reading, but she d ...more
Great sexual tension, catchy story. Not quite sure why he had to be so mean to her.
Predictable. Lame female characters. Don't bother.
M. A. Levi
Amazing book, Just amazing. It has a great story line through out the whole thing. It just keeps getting better and better with the whole baby cover up story and then the Lusty, hussy stepmother. It's wonderful the hero and the heroine, I couldn't put the book down most of the time. It kept you on edge somewhat. This book has it all action, drama, TONS of romance, sad and happy times and love-able and also hate-able characters and my favorite a happy ending (not to sound corny) that true love co ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Is this supposed to be one of those Greek Comedies? W.T.H?

1. Abusive father
2. Forced marriage to relative
3. Baby mama's baby forced on our heroine

It goes on. Maybe it's an episode of Jerry Springer? Perhaps...Brent and Byrony are bumbling boobs at times. Still it's a Ms. Coulter story with some wacky fun and amusement.
The book is good, that much is true.

There are some parts that make me go "Um, eww".

Brother/sister incest

Sex with step-mom.

The story is good, but blech, could have done without that.
I liked this one a lot more than the last one, although I think I'm missing a volume, since some recurring characters seem to have gotten married in the interim.
Read all the star series. Very entertaining even if I do sometimes skip the "hot" parts.
Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance.
Yolanda Williams
This is a great historical romance must read!
Apr 22, 2013 K added it
Ken marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Kakayi Kathyrn
Kakayi Kathyrn marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Sue marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
  • Husbands On Horseback: Paper Husband / Bride in Waiting (ncludes: Long, Tall Texans, #15)
  • Betrothal
  • Impulse
  • Paradise Wild
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (Affairs by Moonlight, #2)
  • Lost Lady (Lady, #2)
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Sweet Savage Heart
  • My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352)
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Midnight Lady
  • Dream Lover
  • Maggy's Child
  • Beyond Seduction (Beyond Duet, #2)
  • Lion's Bride

Star Quartet (4 books)
  • Evening Star (Star, #1)
  • Midnight Star (Star, #2)
  • Jade Star (Star, #4)