Start by marking “Wild Star (Star, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Star (Star, #3)

Wild Star (Star Quartet #3)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  858 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Brent Hammond is as handsome as sin and wilder than an unbroken stallion. When he meets Byrony by chance, he's charmed. But when he sees her again, as the petted wife of an older rich man, he's chagrined. Until her life is threatened—and he discovers that only he can protect her...
Published March 1st 2002 by Signet (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Star

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 31, 2010 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it it was ok
It's like a repeat of my review for "The Coming Home Place." How much pain should one heroine have to endure? She deserved a freaking parade and a lifetime supply of chocolate!!!
Riccarla Roman
Jun 27, 2010 Riccarla Roman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wild Star is a bodice ripper in the best sense of the word. The hero, Brent, is banished from his plantation home after his father catches him with his stepmother.

Jump ahead ten years and we meet our heroine, Byrony, has returned from 19 years in Boston where she lived with her aunt, who has just passed away. Byrony's father is an abusive lout who beats her and accuses her of being a slut. She ends up married off to an older distant cousin, who wants her to claim his half-sister's baby as her ow
Natalya
Apr 19, 2014 Natalya rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
Great sexual tension, catchy story. Not quite sure why he had to be so mean to her.
Black Elephants
Nov 13, 2012 Black Elephants rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
If this book weren't a romance, here's what would happen: Our protagonist Byrony learns to stand up to and leave behind all the people who try to control her, including her stepfather, ex-husband and dark lover Brent. But as this is a romance, she must stay with Brent no matter what - sigh. Once or twice, Coulter dangles the possibility of Byrony suddenly developing a character in which she makes plans to explode and leave everyone behind for a better life, which is why I kept reading, but she d ...more
Diana
Jan 15, 2012 Diana rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2014 Laura rated it did not like it
Predictable. Lame female characters. Don't bother.
M.A. Levi
Aug 09, 2011 M.A. Levi rated it really liked it
Amazing book, Just amazing. It has a great story line through out the whole thing. It just keeps getting better and better with the whole baby cover up story and then the Lusty, hussy stepmother. It's wonderful the hero and the heroine, I couldn't put the book down most of the time. It kept you on edge somewhat. This book has it all action, drama, TONS of romance, sad and happy times and love-able and also hate-able characters and my favorite a happy ending (not to sound corny) that true love co ...more
Alisha
Sep 26, 2015 Alisha rated it really liked it
3.85
Annette Meier
Jan 04, 2016 Annette Meier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great locale, and good story. Too bad the storyline ended with do many loose ends. This narrator gets better with each story!
Missy
Mar 15, 2012 Missy rated it liked it
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Is this supposed to be one of those Greek Comedies? W.T.H?

1. Abusive father
2. Forced marriage to relative
3. Baby mama's baby forced on our heroine

It goes on. Maybe it's an episode of Jerry Springer? Perhaps...Brent and Byrony are bumbling boobs at times. Still it's a Ms. Coulter story with some wacky fun and amusement.
Aug 03, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
The book is good, that much is true.

There are some parts that make me go "Um, eww".

Brother/sister incest

Sex with step-mom.

Etc.

The story is good, but blech, could have done without that.
Kate
Mar 05, 2010 Kate rated it liked it
I liked this one a lot more than the last one, although I think I'm missing a volume, since some recurring characters seem to have gotten married in the interim.
Luckngrace
Sep 23, 2010 Luckngrace rated it liked it
Read all the star series. Very entertaining even if I do sometimes skip the "hot" parts.
Lesli
May 27, 2013 Lesli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 1996
Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance.
Yolanda Williams
Sep 16, 2012 Yolanda Williams rated it it was amazing
This is a great historical romance ...you must read!
Carol Anderson
K
Apr 22, 2013 K added it
pitch
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Keana
Keana rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
mary kay reed
mary kay reed is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
A.
A. rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Asaysha
Asaysha marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Oliwija
Oliwija is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2016
  • Impulse
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Midnight Lady
  • Lost Lady (Lady, #2)
  • Insatiable
  • Sweet Savage Heart
  • Paradise Wild
  • Hoodwinked
  • To the Castle
  • The Lily Brand
  • To Love a Princess (The Kazanovs, #2)

Star Quartet (4 books)
  • Evening Star (Star, #1)
  • Midnight Star (Star, #2)
  • Jade Star (Star, #4)