Start by marking “Night Shadow (Night Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Shadow (Night Trilogy, #2)

Night Shadow (Night Trilogy #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,492 ratings  ·  46 reviews
The classic New York Times bestselling tale of romance and intrigue in Regency England

Dear Reader:

You met Knight Winthrop, Viscount Castlerosse, in Night Fire. He's the quintessential Regency bachelor, very happy with his life just the way it is. Then Lily shows up on his doorstep claiming she was betrothed to his murdered cousin. With her are his cousin's three children.
Published September 30th 2014 by Avon (first published August 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Night Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Shadow

Natalia
este es el primer libro que leo de la autora y lo cierto es que le di una oportunidad porque, a parte de haberme propuesto "descubrir nuevas" autoras, lo compré por menos de 3 (y por ese precio ni me lo pensé). pues bien, os puedo resumir mi relación con este libro con una sola palabra: pésima.

desde el comienzo de la historia he sentido que todo ocurría de una forma caótica (tanto era así que había partes en la que me perdía). también debo decir que culpa de esto la tiene la traducción, la cual
Jasmin
Jun 08, 2010 Jasmin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical Romance readers
A wise and sane man married at no earlier than the age of forty and picked a girl no more than eighteen who was healthy as a stoat, a good breeder and malleable as sheep.

This is Knight Winthrop's motto. He's having the time of his life. Well, that was before Mrs. Winthrop, widow of his uncle Tristan came barging on their door, with three children in tow. Suddenly everything is topsy-turvy.

Lily Tremaine, fiancee of Tristan Winthrop, together with Theo, Sam and Laura Beth, devised a plot, so the
Lil' Grogan
Ok romance. The humour and the kids saved this one. The children were adorable (if a handful), Knight was an incorrigible but funny hero. Lily was actually ok, a lot stronger than I expected.

Lots of eye-rolling. Had forgotten about the old romance tropes of her resisting and him insisting, almost rape, his belief she couldn't possibly be a virgin ...bleh.
Kristal Taylor
Knight Winthrop and Lily Tremaine in the second book of the series. I loved this book and found myself laughing througout the book. This is a romance book but very comical. I really enjoyed the characters in the book; especially Laura Beth the little four year old girl. Lily, one of the main characters was a very beautiful and strong willed lady who was a woman of sustance and good up bringing, whose father lost thier wealth due to gambling. Knight Winthrop is a very weathly gentelman who is a ...more
Krys
Valerie
I liked the book and found myself laughing througout the book. It's a romance book but very comical. I really enjoyed the characters in the book; especially Laura Beth the little four year old girl. Lily, one of the main characters was a very beautiful and strong willed lady who was a woman of sustance and good up bringing, whose father lost thier wealth due to gambling. Lily was a very extrodinary beautiful woman who got into situations that were none of her fault, but due to her beauty men wou ...more
Rhapsody
Jun 19, 2008 Rhapsody rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
I've read about 1/3 of the book and am really disliking it. It's a huge disappointment because I liked Night Fire, the first in the series. I'm starting to think I've read all the Coulter novels worth reading. Lily (19) is betrothed to Tris, an older man with 3 children (a 9 year-old boy, a 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old girl). He's murdered over some illegal business he was doing and she ends up taking the children to his sister's. They're not received well there, so they go to Knight, Tris' ...more
Jessica
Sandie
I love Catherine Coulter's FBI novels and am not a fan of historic fiction particularly romances set back in these distant era's. But this trilogy was a lovely surprise. I was enraptured from the first pages and could hardly put this book down or the other books in this trilogy. The entire trilogy was brilliant I thought, with plenty of steamy romance, some shocking moments, and lots of good story telling.

Catherine Coulter did not disappoint and wove a wonderful story that takes us over three b
Donna
Although Lily Tremaine doesn't love him, she is engaged to Tristan because she does love his 3 children whom she has been caring for and because her father's death left her penniless. Tristan is murdered and she takes the children back to England to Tristan's sister only to be molested and almost raped by Ugly Arthur, the sister's husband. She and the children decide to seek protection from Tristan's cousin but to tell him she is Tristan's widow hoping that will protect her further than appearin ...more
Emily Erdmann
Overall Night Shadow by Catherine Coulter was a pretty good book; however, I thought it was a bit too sex oriented. Usually in romance novels I expect the characters to fall in love throughout the whole book. Not just have a lot of sex, and then magically fall in love within the last chapter or two. Other than that I thought it had a good story line, and the children kept the book interesting. All together it wasn't that bad; I would probably read it again.
Cecilia Rodriguez
The tone is much better, to the point there are scenes of humor and levity within the plot.
Kara
I liked it at the time, but it turns out completely forgettable.
Diana
With her betrothed Tristan murdered, Lily will do anything to stay with his three children. She flees to Tristan's cousin, Knight, posing as Tristan's widow. Knight is thrown by the sudden chaos that his orderly house falls into, as the chaos begins to invade his heart as well.

It starts out so fun and promising, then takes a sharp dive into domineering and accusations of being a whore. Thankfully it never really goes too far, and it comes back up. I used to love this book, and now re-reading it,
Debra McEathron
I thought it was very cleverly written and a lot of fun to read.
Mindy
Knight Winthrop, Viscount Castlerosse, is a confirmed bachelor whose peaceful life is set on its ear with the arrival of his cousins widow and her three children. Lily was engaged to Knight's cousin Tris when Tris was murdered. She loves the three children and will do anything to stay with them including pretending to be Tris's widow. I spent much of this book extremely angry at the arrogant Knight Winthrop--Love the scene where Lily decks Knight, socks him the belly and coshes him on the head w ...more
Mary
I am enjoying this trilogy! Great summer read!!
Tato Hdez
Alguien me regalo este libro hace ya casi 4 años, lo recibí, lo agradecí, lo hojee y concluí que no era algo que se me antojara leer, estuvo desde entonces en mi librero. Hace tres días lo rescaté (a falta de otro libro que leer, debo reconocer), justo ahora lo termine y fue una buena sorpresa. Muy rosa, muy amoroso, pero también cómico, los personajes son amigables y fáciles de concebir, no es la mejor lectura que he hecho (está lejos de serlo) pero valió la pena.
Giaghazal
I really liked this one, no idea why. I liked Laura Beth and her antics very much, other kids had too much character. I liked Knight in the first novel, so i wanted to peek in his life badly. Lily was strong, sometimes stupid though. Love scenes were hot, but I have no idea why some heroes think that heroine is a harlot, when she is saying and behaving as an innocent ( I think that's why we call them Alpha Jerk Heroes). It had good humour lines.
Mitzi Hq.
Dios... al fin termine el libro. Fue una experiencia chistosa.
Terri
great story 2d in series. page turner.
George Poppenwimer
OK for a quick read
Cas H.
Night Shadow is the second book in the Night Trilogy by Catherine Coulter. Night Winthrop has declared that like his father, he will not marry until he is 40, and only then to begot an heir. When his cousin dies, and his cousins widow winds up on his door step with three little kids in tow, Nights life gets thrown into Bedlam and Night must either give in or send the kids and their mother away.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I have this series in my collection yet I barely remember it. I recognize the cover though, so I guess the book cover is at least more memorable. It's still during my historical phase where I thought this was as good as it gets as far as sexual content. How my world has changed!
Ashley
I felt that the heroes transition from hating her guts, to deciding to marry her to be very hard to believe. It was a cute story, and funny at times. It wasn't anything to write home about though. I liked night fire better, even though this one has higher overall reviews.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Catherine Coulter's Night Trilogy. Catherine Coulter was an author I used to read a lot but I found she doesn't really appeal to me now. This one did have some decent laughs but the story was just okay for me.
Bob
Well written. I'd like to have given it five stars, but Knight was such a jerk and it was pretty much unbelievable that Lily would all of a sudden turn into a total marshmallow, and find him absolutely irresistible.
Amy
It was truely a wonderfu love story between two people. One who thought that they wouldn't get married until the age of 40 and enjoy the presence of children because of their past with a parent. I realy enjoyed it.
Lauren Peters
I really enjoyed reading about Knight and Lily's rocky road to romance. The children made it comical in my opinion. I think this is a really sweet book, and If your like Catherine Coulter i would recommend it.
yoli
Her descriptions almost make me want to adopt my own child entourage, but only if they're as witty.

P.S. My cover's the smutty "passionate portrait," way better than this random subdued flower nonsense.
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Desired
  • The Maiden
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune
  • Lost Love, Last Love (Morgan-Challenger, #4)
  • Paradise Wild
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Swan Road
  • So Worthy My Love
  • Royal Passion (Royal, #2)
  • Once More, Miranda
  • That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides, #.5)
  • Valentina
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Beloved

Night Trilogy (3 books)
  • Night Fire (Night Trilogy, #1)
  • Night Storm (Night Trilogy, #3)
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7) Point Blank (FBI Thriller, #10)