Start by marking “The Dom Around The Corner” as Want to Read:
The Dom Around The Corner

The Dom Around The Corner (Escape #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Simon is jaded. His bookstore is failing, his personal life is nonexistent, and he’s tired of the local scene. He’s desperate for a change, and hopes to find it at Escape, the hot new BDSM club in town.

What he finds there is Gavin. One look at the sexy submissive is all he needs to know that his trip to Escape was the right decision. And their night of no-holds-barred kink
ebook, Second, 104 pages
Published June 15th 2015 by Riptide Publishing (first published November 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Dom Around The Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dom Around The Corner

T's Book
I found The Dom Around the Corner to be more emotional and sweet than the leather clad handed cover leads us to believe.

I could feel the connection between these two from the very first glance. A coupling of two lost souls was a nice little journey into trust and letting go.

It's a rather short read, so in keeping I will let it speak for itself.

The Dom Around the Corner is a spicy sweet read for the M/M romance lover!
Zarah
*A little spoilerish*

Not much to this one, but what's there is enjoyable enough. Really I could end this review there, as it pretty much encapsulates my feeling about the book. We have a lonely older Dom, who happens to be a very good at what he does. (We're reminded of this several times.) And we have his perfect sub who can't commit. Overcoming this refusal is basically the plot (the saving his bookstore bit is just framing) and the presumed HEA comes after the inevitable 'yes.'

I enjoyed it a
Guilty Pleasures
Leigh's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.258 Stars

I never thought I would describe a book that was clearly m/m BDSM as “sweet”, but there are really no other words to characterize the relationship that grew between Simon and Gavin other than touching and heartfelt.

Simon, the owner of a small, neighborhood bookstore, is a Dom that has grown tired of the local scene. After the end of his last relationship, he has thrown himself into work and revitalizing his struggling business, but
Stella ╰☆╮ Mistress of Gorgonzola Goodness╰☆╮
review @Scattered Toughts And Rogue Words

The Dom Around The Corner is the first book in a new series by Christine d’Abo and the first I read by this author. I’m always curious about “new to me” writers and this one surprised me positively. I’m glad I picked this book to review. It was a winner to me for different reasons, apart from the BDSM theme which I enjoy a lot.

I’m a sucker for characters with baggage and bad luck in life, it makes them more real, just like me. In this book we meet Simon,
Blackravens Reviews
Lea’s Review:

Commanding Acquisitions brings to mind that oldie goldie song, Do You Believe in Magic? I love stories that have a bit of the unexplained and a great deal of the unexpected, and this story has both. The characters, as well as the situations they find themselves in, are so believable that I wanted to reach out and offer hugs to Simon and Gavin in some places, and reach out and demand they immediately stop and adjust their stubborn mindsets in others.

In this story by Christine d’Abo,
Riina Y.T.
The Dom Around The Corner by Christine d'Abo is one wonderful introduction to her Escape series, which I hope will continue soon.

I absolutely adored the characters in this story! Their attraction is instant and when they do get together it's absolutely delicious! The narrative is charming and engaging and I loved getting to know both men.

Gavin and Simon together? Sweetness! Their story is quite emotional and I enjoyed seeing them struggle getting past their emotional baggage. I was left wantin
Shirley Frances
Simon is out of sorts. His business is failing, his love life none existent. But most of all, he can't seem to find a sub to satisfy him. He wants the best of both worlds--the kink and the connection. He's just about to give up when his cousin hands him the number of the new club in town. With nothing to lose and with a need to unwind, Simon heads out to Escape.

Gavin's past has kept him from the BDSM lifestyle for three years. He's hesitant about getting into it again fearsome of the memories it
Cassandra Carr
The 1-800-DOM-HELP series has an interesting premise, and Christine D'Abo delivers a highly entertaining, fun story with just the right amount of emotion. The relationship between Simon and Gavin was richly-drawn, and it was clearer both men were struggling to come together in a meaningful way. The ending was satisfying and realistic, too. This is book #2 in the series. Each story can stand on its own but I recommend reading them as a series.
Liz
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I don't read a lot of BDSM erotic romances even though I love them. It can be difficult to find really good ones that are a full length. I read even less M/M romance. So the fact that this book is a M/M BDSM erotic romance means that this book is on a very short list!

I really liked Simon and Gavin. Simon was the Dom and Gavin, the sub. I felt like I didn't really get to know Simon all that well though. I think that Doms being and staying relati
Sarah_loves_books
It kept me reading. It was emotional and psychological. It was relatively well written. But then suddenly something would disturb my flow of reading, something that I felt didn't quite fit. The worst was (view spoiler). How was that supposed to fit the story? At least for me it destroyed a scene I was enjoying, a scene where both MCs were dealing with seriou ...more
Gigi
This was a short, hot BDSM read. Not a whole heck-of-a-lot of substance, but fun for the length. Recommended for M/M BDSM fans.
Cleon Lee
This is a truly refreshing BDSM story after so many glorified abusive relationships masked as BDSM relationships. I love how they heal each other, how they are secure in their role without losing their confidence & their selves.

I love that Simon, even though he is a Dom, can listen to Gavin, the sub, who is clearly more knowledgeable in business. I also love how caring he is. He is not a vanilla Dom, but he clearly puts his sub needs before his own. I also love that he is not a Dom who prete
Tina

3,5 stars.

Short and rather sweet BDSM erotic romance. It was an okay read for in-between, too short for any character development, though. I wish it had been longer...
Heidi Ryan
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am looking forward to reading more. Although the cover leaves you with the feeling that this is going to be a bit hard core, this book is very sweet, for lack of a better word. Simon is a Dominant who had been in a relationship where he was in it for the long haul, whereas his sub was not. After the sub walked out, Simon lost his confidence that made him a great Dom. Aside from not going out much, he was struggling with his bookstore not ma ...more
Reflection
*** 3.5 stars ***

I'm still puzzling about why this is called the Dom Around the Corner, is it that every good high street should have one? Or is it, that Simon may turn out to be the dom that Gavin has been searching for following three years of mourning for his previous partner.

Regardless of the answer, Simon and Gavin are two lovely guys who meet when Gavin comes to mentor Simon and help to get his failing bookshop back on track. The interesting dynamic of the story is not least that Simon is
Helena Stone
I received my copy from Riptide through NetGalley

The Dom Around the Corner is a very hot, short and rather sweet story about two men who desperately need each other and are afraid to give into that need because of past experiences.

The reader really only gets to see how well these two men connect together when they play. Although they do spend time together outside the dungeon or bedroom and they do get on there, the pull between them is far less obvious. Mind you, the three encounters we get to
Love Bytes Reviews
3 Heart Review by Amber

This was an interestingly short but hot little BDSM story. For me, it was just ok. Not great, not bad.

Simon is the owner of a bookstore that happens to be failing. He’s also a Dom who hasn’t been able to find a sub that fulfills his needs. His inability to be able to relieve stress at his local BDSM clubs may be bleeding into his professional life. After hearing about a new, uber exclusive BDSM club, Escape, he decides to give it a try. He’s not optimistic since he’s struc
Lisa
I give this 4 1/2 stars.

This is a new take on how a BDSM relationship works for two males. It was something that I found interesting.

Simon is a bookstore owner that is having business troubles. He is also on that is having relationship problems. He had a sub but when Simon started taking him out more that is when things went south for him. Now he was going to club that he really ad no interest in just to try and find a release. When his cousin told him about a new club he was reluctant at first
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Surprisingly, this BDSM novel has a gentle side to the plot. The connection between Simon and Gavin. It starts off innominate between them but slowly they begin to see each other for who they are in and outside of the club.

They each have baggage and insecurities that they deal with differently throughout the book, but together they work well together. Their characters are sweet, and flirtatious but also provocative, and enticing.

I normally don't read this specific type of erotica, but I did find
Jennifer Lavoie
Reviewed for The Novel Approach.

I’m a sucker for books about bookstore owners. Maybe it’s the part in me that hopes and dreams of someday owning a bookstore and café, but whenever I see a book where one of the characters is an owner? Well, count me in! Add to that a delicious helping of BDSM? Yes, please!

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this story, from Simon’s gruff attitude at the store and his clear sexual frustration, to Gavin’s expertise in handling business and sweetly submissive natu
Pansy
3.5 out of 5 stars
I read the original version of this when it first came out some five years ago. It was among the first m/m stories I ever read. Surprised me when I discovered I liked reading that kind of story. I not only enjoyed this story, but the entire series it was a part of. I have them safely tucked away for reading again purposes. So, when I saw this one come up as a revised re-issue, I had to give it a read.

As it has been five years since I have read this, not all of the changes are
Lynn
The Dom Around the Corner is a story of trust and honest emotional expression.

Simon is a struggling in his professional life and his personal life. His book store is experiencing declining sales and he hasn't been able to find anyone to meet his sexual needs since his partner left a year ago. Simon wants someone who will be his submissive, but also his partner, and he knows he's not going to find that in the loud, seedy sex clubs in his neighborhood. Simon's cousin, luckily, isn't ready to let
Julie Barrett
The Dom Around The Corner is an enjoyable, novella length m/m BDSM romance. It was actually quite a sweet story with a good amount of spice added by the kink. The storyline is fairly straightforward, but the fabulous characters bring it to life. I read it in one sitting and it definitely left me with a smile on my face - the steamy scenes also left me feeling hot and bothered!

Simon is in his thirties and owns a struggling book store. He has been feeling lonely recently and has no real private li
Chris
Good kinky m/m romance about a dom, struggling not to lose his bookstore, who's also lonely and needing something more than just casual encounters. He finds the mysterious 1-800-DOM-HELP business card in his office...
Daria
Its rare to find a connection at first meeting, But when its found it should be held on tightly.

Its easy to get in a rut and get into a jaded personality, where nothing sparks any interests. The Dom works pretty much around the clock, trying to recover and give his business a market boosts. When he goes to the local club its just not the thing for him, when his family member sees him not only struggling in his business but his personal life, she offers him a way to fix things.
The sub is so tie
T.A. McKay
Copy from netgalley

With this book I go what I expected. A quick hot little story with a nice ending! It wasn't too intense and there wasn't a great amount of back story, there was some but it wasn't as in-depth as a longer story, but I don't think it took away from he enjoyment. With this length of story its going to hit quickly to give you that full length experience. I liked the characters and I like that will they wont they feel. All in all I enjoyed this book and i think if you like a quick
Ebook Addict Reviews
Commanding Acquisitions by Christine d’Abo is part of the 1-800-DOM-Help series from Ellora’s Cave. I thought this one started out a little more lighthearted than the first, but it was no less emotional. The story is a contemporary with just a touch of the mystical surrounding the origins of Club Unfettered and 1-800-DOM-Help.

When Simon calls 1-800-DOM-Help, it is originally to make sure it isn’t scam – or so he tells himself. I had to laugh when he finally asks, “Don’t suppose you can find me a
ElaineY
d'Abo's sci-fi romances are an autobuy for me but much as I love her work, I couldn't finish this one. Not that it's bad, just that most times erotica bores me. If you do enjoy BDSM themes then I'd recommend this because there's still a good story here and the romance is worth following...if you're a BDSM fan. It's not heavy-duty BDSM either. Maybe if it was, it could have engaged my interest? I don't know. I did skip the second half and read the last ten pages, though. Nice, sweet HEA.

I hope I
Shibumi
Cute plot. Nice snort read. I feel as though author needed more research done in BDSM in some parts.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Gift
  • Rules to Live By
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Word on a Wing
  • Masked Submission
  • Bonds of Love (Bay Area Professionals, #2)
  • Soft Focus
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • Gathering Storm
  • Under Contract
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Hearts Under Fire  (New Amsterdam, #1)
  • Catalyst
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • New Leather
  • Uneven
  • The Square Peg (The Square Peg #1)
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over thirty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.

My thoughts on any of my Goodreads reviews are only my opinion as a reader. I don't post anything
More about Christine d'Abo...
The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1) Double Shot (Long Shots, #1) A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2) Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4) Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3)