Start by marking “The Dom Around The Corner” as Want to Read:
The Dom Around The Corner

The Dom Around The Corner (Escape #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Simon is jaded. His bookstore is failing, his personal life is nonexistent, and he’s tired of the local scene. He’s desperate for a change, and hopes to find it at Escape, the hot new BDSM club in town.

What he finds there is Gavin. One look at the sexy submissive is all he needs to know that his trip to Escape was the right decision. And their night of no-holds-barred kink
ebook, Second, 104 pages
Expected publication: June 15th 2015 by Riptide Publishing (first published November 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Dom Around The Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dom Around The Corner

Blackravens Reviews
Lea’s Review:

Commanding Acquisitions brings to mind that oldie goldie song, Do You Believe in Magic? I love stories that have a bit of the unexplained and a great deal of the unexpected, and this story has both. The characters, as well as the situations they find themselves in, are so believable that I wanted to reach out and offer hugs to Simon and Gavin in some places, and reach out and demand they immediately stop and adjust their stubborn mindsets in others.

In this story by Christine d’Abo,
Cassandra Carr
The 1-800-DOM-HELP series has an interesting premise, and Christine D'Abo delivers a highly entertaining, fun story with just the right amount of emotion. The relationship between Simon and Gavin was richly-drawn, and it was clearer both men were struggling to come together in a meaningful way. The ending was satisfying and realistic, too. This is book #2 in the series. Each story can stand on its own but I recommend reading them as a series.
Cleon Lee
This is a truly refreshing BDSM story after so many glorified abusive relationships masked as BDSM relationships. I love how they heal each other, how they are secure in their role without losing their confidence & their selves.

I love that Simon, even though he is a Dom, can listen to Gavin, the sub, who is clearly more knowledgeable in business. I also love how caring he is. He is not a vanilla Dom, but he clearly puts his sub needs before his own. I also love that he is not a Dom who prete
Gigi
This was a short, hot BDSM read. Not a whole heck-of-a-lot of substance, but fun for the length. Recommended for M/M BDSM fans.
Ebook Addict Reviews
Commanding Acquisitions by Christine d’Abo is part of the 1-800-DOM-Help series from Ellora’s Cave. I thought this one started out a little more lighthearted than the first, but it was no less emotional. The story is a contemporary with just a touch of the mystical surrounding the origins of Club Unfettered and 1-800-DOM-Help.

When Simon calls 1-800-DOM-Help, it is originally to make sure it isn’t scam – or so he tells himself. I had to laugh when he finally asks, “Don’t suppose you can find me a
ElaineY
d'Abo's sci-fi romances are an autobuy for me but much as I love her work, I couldn't finish this one. Not that it's bad, just that most times erotica bores me. If you do enjoy BDSM themes then I'd recommend this because there's still a good story here and the romance is worth following...if you're a BDSM fan. It's not heavy-duty BDSM either. Maybe if it was, it could have engaged my interest? I don't know. I did skip the second half and read the last ten pages, though. Nice, sweet HEA.

I hope I
Sandra
Jan 07, 2012 Sandra rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
This book left me feeling a bit odd. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get through it but I kept getting distracted. It was an okay book but there was just something about it that I couldn't get into. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the plot. Theoretically this book was right up my alley, the BDSM theme, the hint of the supernatural but there was just something slightly off.
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
Was a great read. Part of the 1 800 DOM series. A card appears with a number mysteriously when Doms or submissives next a little help.
Loved this story two men who both have pasts that keep them from moving on. They help each other discover one can love again and find something lasting.
Chris
Good kinky m/m romance about a dom, struggling not to lose his bookstore, who's also lonely and needing something more than just casual encounters. He finds the mysterious 1-800-DOM-HELP business card in his office...
Vivian
A Mary Poppinsesque club that appears wherever there's a Dom in need. Cute and sweet, not complicated just don't over think it.
 Sara
just couldn't get into it.
Maggie
Rating 3.5
Kasia Bacon
Kasia Bacon marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Larina
Larina marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Gift
  • Catalyst
  • Word on a Wing
  • Bonds of Love (Impacted, #2)
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Masked Submission
  • Gathering Storm
  • New Leather
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Uneven
  • Begging For It (1-800-DOM-help)
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Soft Focus
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
Christine d’Abo is hooked on romance. As a novelist and short story writer with over thirty publications, including the immensely popular Long Shots series, the imagination is always flowing. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs. ...more
More about Christine d'Abo...
The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1) Double Shot (Long Shots, #1) A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2) Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4) Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3)