Start by marking “Commanding Acquisitions (1-800-DOM-help)” as Want to Read:
Commanding Acquisitions (1-800-DOM-help)

Commanding Acquisitions (1-800-DOM-help)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Part of the 1-800-DOM-help series.

Simon is a Dom who has become jaded, tired of the local scene. With his bookstore failing and personal life nonexistent, he’s looking for something different. The arrival of the mysterious 1-800-DOM-help business card gives Simon a chance for a change. The Operator directs him to Unfettered, a hot new BDSM club where Simon hopes to find a
Published November 10th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Commanding Acquisitions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Commanding Acquisitions

Blackraven's Reviews
Lea’s Review:

Commanding Acquisitions brings to mind that oldie goldie song, Do You Believe in Magic? I love stories that have a bit of the unexplained and a great deal of the unexpected, and this story has both. The characters, as well as the situations they find themselves in, are so believable that I wanted to reach out and offer hugs to Simon and Gavin in some places, and reach out and demand they immediately stop and adjust their stubborn mindsets in others.

In this story by Christine d’Abo,
Cassandra Carr
The 1-800-DOM-HELP series has an interesting premise, and Christine D'Abo delivers a highly entertaining, fun story with just the right amount of emotion. The relationship between Simon and Gavin was richly-drawn, and it was clearer both men were struggling to come together in a meaningful way. The ending was satisfying and realistic, too. This is book #2 in the series. Each story can stand on its own but I recommend reading them as a series.
Cleon Lee
This is a truly refreshing BDSM story after so many glorified abusive relationships masked as BDSM relationships. I love how they heal each other, how they are secure in their role without losing their confidence & their selves.

I love that Simon, even though he is a Dom, can listen to Gavin, the sub, who is clearly more knowledgeable in business. I also love how caring he is. He is not a vanilla Dom, but he clearly puts his sub needs before his own. I also love that he is not a Dom who prete
Gigi
This was a short, hot BDSM read. Not a whole heck-of-a-lot of substance, but fun for the length. Recommended for M/M BDSM fans.
Ebook Addict Reviews
Commanding Acquisitions by Christine d’Abo is part of the 1-800-DOM-Help series from Ellora’s Cave. I thought this one started out a little more lighthearted than the first, but it was no less emotional. The story is a contemporary with just a touch of the mystical surrounding the origins of Club Unfettered and 1-800-DOM-Help.

When Simon calls 1-800-DOM-Help, it is originally to make sure it isn’t scam – or so he tells himself. I had to laugh when he finally asks, “Don’t suppose you can find me a
ElaineY
d'Abo's sci-fi romances are an autobuy for me but much as I love her work, I couldn't finish this one. Not that it's bad, just that most times erotica bores me. If you do enjoy BDSM themes then I'd recommend this because there's still a good story here and the romance is worth following...if you're a BDSM fan. It's not heavy-duty BDSM either. Maybe if it was, it could have engaged my interest? I don't know. I did skip the second half and read the last ten pages, though. Nice, sweet HEA.

I hope I
Sandra
Jan 07, 2012 Sandra rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
This book left me feeling a bit odd. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get through it but I kept getting distracted. It was an okay book but there was just something about it that I couldn't get into. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the plot. Theoretically this book was right up my alley, the BDSM theme, the hint of the supernatural but there was just something slightly off.
Heather  * burr..wants summer back *
Was a great read. Part of the 1 800 DOM series. A card appears with a number mysteriously when Doms or submissives next a little help.
Loved this story two men who both have pasts that keep them from moving on. They help each other discover one can love again and find something lasting.
Chris
Good kinky m/m romance about a dom, struggling not to lose his bookstore, who's also lonely and needing something more than just casual encounters. He finds the mysterious 1-800-DOM-HELP business card in his office...
Vivian Archer
A Mary Poppinsesque club that appears wherever there's a Dom in need. Cute and sweet, not complicated just don't over think it.
 Sara
just couldn't get into it.
Maggie
Rating 3.5
AM
AM marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Wichard Fella
Wichard Fella marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 17, 2014
Samantha Marquez
Samantha Marquez marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Bonds of Love (Impacted, #2)
  • The Gift
  • New Leather
  • Catalyst
  • Masked Submission
  • Gathering Storm
  • Soft Focus
  • Word on a Wing
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Moving On
  • SUBlime: Collected Shorts (Master Class, #2)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
Christine d’Abo is hooked on romance. As a novelist and short story writer with over thirty publications, including the immensely popular Long Shots series, the imagination is always flowing. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs. ...more
More about Christine d'Abo...
The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1) Double Shot (Long Shots, #1) A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2) Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4) Pulled Long (Long Shots, #3)