Start by marking “Zig Zig Zig” as Want to Read:
Zig Zig Zig

Zig Zig Zig

"Zig Ziglar epitomizes determination, perseverance, excellence, and a loving Christian spirit more than anyone I know The world would be a better place if more of us were just likehim."
--Kenneth H. Cooper, M.D., The Cooper Clinic, Dallas, Texas
Zig Ziglar, the motivational speaker who has galvanized audiences around the world and written more than a dozenperennially popula
Published August 20th 2002 by Doubleday Religion (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Zig Zig Zig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zig Zig Zig

Bob Collins
Apr 02, 2012 Bob Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading and listening to Zig since the '80's. He's had a big influence on my life and I even attended an event in his house outside Dallas, when I attended his Born to Win seminar back in 1995. His autobiography is pure Zig, all the way. The ups and downs, the good times and the difficult times and a testimony that still inspires me.

Great book!
Tim Ralston
Jan 12, 2010 Tim Ralston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zig Ziglar is a man I put on a pedestal that is only shared by men like the wonderful late Mr. Rodgers. His life is an amazing testament to any business man interested in the business of what is good, right, and upstanding. His examples of how positive thought can not only change your outcome, but the outcome of those around you is compelling. Any person, especially any person in business, should read something by Zig Ziglar in their life. His books are outstanding, and this autobiography tells ...more
Natalie
Jun 25, 2010 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memior
It was definitely interesting to read about "Zig" life (especially that he grew up with the name "Hilary". However, the book was poorly written which I thought odd considering he writes books. I was more of thrown together memories with no idea of timeline, and endless accolades for people who helped him. I am thankful he showed his gratitude to these people but it was a little much. Anyway, I still enjoyed learning a little bit more about his life and his successes and struggles. He's a good m ...more
Pat Murphy
Aug 06, 2015 Pat Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to learn about the mental and emotional attributes of good salesmanship this book is great. It is easy to read and makes sense. Ziglar comes across as a friendly, grandfatherly type as he advises you. I used to think I would never want to read such a book because I never wanted to be a salesman but it shows you basics and the fact that you can't really get away from sales in your life. You have to at least sell yourself at times. This book puts that in a good perspective.
Sean
Aug 29, 2010 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read and insight on the life of Zig Ziglar. Even though he was basically naturally talented, he really threw away that talent for a long time. He failed because of ego and ignorance. When he started doing things for other people instead of himself, he finally found the super success that he had always desired.

My only disappointment with the book is towards the end it started to drag as he talked about his faith and politics.
Kristin
Oct 11, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all the Zig motivational and sales books, this was quite a change because it talked about all the mistakes he made to getting where he is at today. Very informative and really gives you another look at Zig.
Don
Feb 18, 2012 Don rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe a little long on the early years. Interesting that he spent the first 27 years of his life chasing after the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but before things clicked. I don't think it's a coincidence that it coincided with making God first in his life.
Tracey Axnick
May 09, 2014 Tracey Axnick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really a great book - listened to it on CD. Zig is motivating, funny, real and just wonderful. Truly moving and touching to hear him talk about his childhood in Yazoo City, MS in the Great Depression. He was one of 11 (12?) kids, raised by a young widow. Very uplifting and motivating book!
Ken
May 24, 2012 Ken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zig Ziglar is one of the most amazing men of our time. He has a tremendous depth of life experiences to share with everyone. His advice can be adhered to by all ages.

I loved this book about a man I truly admire.
E. Scott Harvey
Apr 23, 2012 E. Scott Harvey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Zig Ziglar and his material! Highly recommend that you read anything you can get your hands on that Zig wrote!
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Marcia
Marcia rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Daliso Ngoma
Daliso Ngoma rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Glen Andrews
Glen Andrews rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
James Strock
James Strock rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Raymond Owensby
Raymond Owensby rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Gary Thornberry
Gary Thornberry rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Susan B
Susan B rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
The Pike family
The Pike family rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2008
Annie Moores
Annie Moores rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2008
Yosef S. Lee
Yosef S. Lee rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Johan Steyn
Johan Steyn rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2012
Lothiriel2003
Lothiriel2003 rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Dennis McCrea
Dennis McCrea rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2008
Martin
Did not read yet
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • That Bird Has My Wings: The Autobiography of an Innocent Man on Death Row
  • The Emancipation of Robert Sadler: The Powerful True Story of a Twentieth-Century Plantation Slave
  • Is Marriage for White People?: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone
  • If It's Going to Be, It's up to Me: The Eight Proven Principles of Possibility Thinking
  • Mission:Success
  • One Hundred Dollar Misunderstanding
  • A Hood Legend
  • Play or Be Played: What Every Female Should Know About Men, Dating, and Relationships
  • Take Back the Land: Land, Gentrification & the Umoja Village Shantytown
  • Magic City
  • PowerNomics : The National Plan to Empower Black America
  • TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald
  • Rude Buay ... the Unstoppable
Zig Ziglar was a motivational teacher and trainer who traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he had international appeal that transcended every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar had a unique delivery style and powerful messages that ear ...more
More about Zig Ziglar...