Start by marking “The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection” as Want to Read:
The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection

The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection (The Mysterious Benedict Society #1-3)

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,186 ratings  ·  50 reviews
In this set of the first three adventures of the NYT bestselling The Mysterious Benedict Society series, join Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance as they embark on their daring missions in The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Filled with page-turning action
Published November 1st 2010 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection

Abbie
The mysterious Benedict society is an amazing series about four kids. They have all passed a test, and by doing so they became spies. My favorite character in the series is Constance. She is only 3 years old in the first book. Constance has many special abilities that she contributes to the team. My favorite book in the series is The Mysterious Benedict Society. This is the first book in the series. I really enjoyed trying to solve all of the crazy riddles,even though I couldn't figure them out ...more
Jesse Williams
My nephew recommended the first book to me and I was hooked! All three books were great. Yes, they are geared towards a young audience. Yes, some of the parts are far fetched and silly. And YES, even adults should take time to read this light-hearted, relaxing series. You won't be disappointed!
Kacee
How did I not hear more about these fantastic books before now? They are better than the Spiderwick Chronicles and the Series of Unfortunate Events both of which got a lot more press and feature films too. The characters are plucky and endearing, the storylines clip along at a fast pace with more than enough twists and turns to keep you reading. I love that these books celebrate kids who are smart--in a variety of ways-- inventive, brave and kindhearted. Think Harry Potter mixed with Roald Dahl ...more
Laura Odom
This delightful juvenile fiction series is one my eldest daughter has been encouraging me to read for at least a year. I guess I should have listened to her sooner, because I loved the books. They take the story of a team of four gifted children and a few adult mentors, through adventures that result in saving the world from the plots of the evil Mr. Curtain. The children are each gifted in different ways, and watching them pool their talent and figuring things out makes for lots of fun. The boo ...more
Nicole Pramik
[Taken from my blog: http://scififantasylitchick.wordpress...]

The Story: The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart, is a trilogy consisting of The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma. In brief, the trilogy’s four young protagonists – Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and Constance – are chosen through a curious selection process and brought to the residence of Mr. Nicholas Benedict
Grace
This is one of my favorite series of all time. With quirky characters, an unusual plot,and dry wit laced through it all, Stewart crafts and uncommonly well-written story. With prose that sparkles and engages the reader, and with a plot riddled with riddles, Stewart constructs a face-paced and lovely series with each book better than the last. Truly, these books are a gift, and the enchantment I feel when rereading them never diminishes. These books will always have a special place in my heart.
Monday
I bought the collection as a whole for my nook. I'm in the second book, and enjoyed the first. Not sure where this will all go, but any collection of books that remember that children aren't dumb is a big plus in my mind.
Claire
One of my favorite series when I was younger and still today! The characters are unique and the writing is whimsical. Trenton Lee Stewart even wrote a sequel.
C9G7
A great series for young or old; I dare you to not keep reading it after the second book. You WILL beg for more once you finish the series.
Madeline
Fantastic allconsuming weekend sort of book-but worth the weekend and much more! With all these puzzle mystery filled pages your sure to be hooked too!
Kimberly
How exciting that brainy, genius, acrobatic and grumpy kids can save the world. Ingenuity, smarts and bravery are rewarded.
Jade
This is one of my favorite series. It's so entertaining. I could read these over and over again and never get tired of them.
Fran
My 11-year-old recommended these (go figure!). They are a fun read!
αηαηуα ∞
LOVE THIS SERIES...MY CHILDHOOD!
Michael Gillooly
I like These books
Miss Carman
After a mysterious ad appears in the newspaper with little information except that they are looking for gifted children, a whole bunch of children show up for a bunch of strange tests, puzzles and riddles, and in the end, four children end up joining the secret Mysterious Benedict Society, where they are sent as spies to a school run by a madman who wants to control the world - and is nearly succeeding. After their first adventure, the Mysterious Benedict Society for more adventures - tracking d ...more
Judith
I've been reading this aloud at night to my oldest son (age 9). We are halfway through the second book and we are hooked! Suspenseful, twisting plot full of riddles, surprises, unique characters and life lessons. It's listed as a book on a sixth grade reading level, but I find the vocabulary to be much more sophisticated. I highly recommend this book, especially for kids that enjoy being smart and quirky!!
Sophie Inkster
just right

I really liked this book because it is pretty deep, and is a great mystery that is full of surprises! The characters are great and easy to connect with, and each have their own talents (not involving magic). These books are definitely worth reading!!
Dailyn
This series is in my top 3 favorite series. It has an indescribable feel to it that leaves a lasting impression; it is a masterpiece, a unique book, set apart in a different class.
Caminparis
I enjoyed these books soooo much! They are so much fun to read i couldn't put them down! I definitely suggest!
Nyssa
What a great series for the young & young at heart.
Lots of puzzles, predicaments, action and adventure (plus a ridiculous rhyme or two. :)) It was fun following these special children as they use their unique talents in dealing with all that was thrown at them. Yes, there are few "You've got to be kidding me" moments (deus ex machina), but, that is all part of the fun - this is a young readers (9 -12) series after all. Personally, I didn't really mind that much - I'm a sucker for happy endin
Louisa
I'm really enjoying this first book of the series. I wanted to read it, along with the other young person's novels I'm reading, to introduce it to my daughters at storytime. But I'm really enjoying it - it no longer seems like great youth fiction, it reads like simply great fiction. Good characters, plot, writing, and a fabulously clever hook of brain teasing puzzlers throughout. I wish there were more of these, actually...
Britni
If you are looking for something very different,creative, and unusual than what you have read before...this is it! I think the books are very clever, descriptive,and well written. A world and events I would have never thought up! I have read the whole series, another book to the series on its way this September.
Skylar
I read the first book. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to for a book report. I absolutely undeniably loved it, but I also really hated it. The story line was more like a fifth grade fantasy land, and has the second grade moral/ friends are family. I didn't really enjoy it, but there were some good parts..
Sophia :)
Let's just say that like these books enough to read all of them. I usually don't read book like this but the plot was pretty good and not to mention it was mysterious and kind of funny.
This kind of reminds me of the book School of Fear because I'n both of the books, each kid is facing a different problem
Luna
I cannot stress how amazing these were
N.K. Wright
Four children, gifted at various types of things, find themselves together and working undercover for a mysterious man named Benedict. They are, simply put, charged with saving the world.

This was a very fun series. Recommended to young and old alike. Great plot and wonderful characterization.
Ladytburd
Love these books. Clever, creative, amusing....a wonderful escape for kids and adults. I'm excited every time a new one comes out as it allows me to let my imagination run wild in an innocent, playful way.
Channing Leitch
Fabulous story!! Better for an older crowd, but might be a good read aloud to grip their attention! Lots of relatable characters (ages 4-11 in the book)
  • The Secret Series Complete Collection
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • The Complete Adventures of the Borrowers
  • The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • Tommysaurus Rex
  • The Dead Man (Jack Davis Mystery, #2).
  • 39 Clues Starter Set: Books 1-3
  • One Piece Volume 36 (Hang Hai Wang in Traditional Chinese)
  • Hide Behind the Moon (Summerhill Secrets, #8)
  • Septimus Heap (Septimus Heap, #1-4)
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • The Meq
  • A Heart For Any Fate: Westward To Oregon, 1845
  • Mackenzies Bundle: Mackenzie's Mountain / Mackenzie's Mission / Mackenzie's Pleasure / A Game of Chance
  • The Villain Virus (NERDS, #4)
  • How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger
  • Stardom Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #12)
  • Taking Stock
Trenton Lee Stewart is the author of the award-winning, bestselling Mysterious Benedict Society series for young readers, as well the adult novel Flood Summer. He lives with his family in Little Rock, Arkansas.
More about Trenton Lee Stewart...
The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1) The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #2) The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3) The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #0.5) The Mysterious Benedict Society: Mr. Benedict's Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, and Curious Conundrums