Start by marking “The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection” as Want to Read:
The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection

The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection (The Mysterious Benedict Society #1-3)

4.55  ·  Rating Details ·  1,799 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
In this set of the first three adventures of the NYT bestselling The Mysterious Benedict Society series, join Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance as they embark on their daring missions in The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Filled with page-turning action
Published November 1st 2010 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Mysterious Benedict Society Collection, please sign up.

Sayo There are three, plus the one about mr. Benedict (I think)
Travis Believe me, this has better ones. Plus better characters. Nuff said.

Abbie
May 06, 2012 Abbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole Pramik
The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart, is a trilogy consisting of The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, and The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma. To start, the trilogy’s four young protagonists – Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and Constance – are chosen through a curious selection process and brought to the residence of Mr. Nicholas Benedict, a narcoleptic genius. Benedict is in a bind and must unravel a devious ...more
Laura Odom
Jul 02, 2013 Laura Odom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This delightful juvenile fiction series is one my eldest daughter has been encouraging me to read for at least a year. I guess I should have listened to her sooner, because I loved the books. They take the story of a team of four gifted children and a few adult mentors, through adventures that result in saving the world from the plots of the evil Mr. Curtain. The children are each gifted in different ways, and watching them pool their talent and figuring things out makes for lots of fun. The boo ...more
Kacee
Nov 15, 2010 Kacee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How did I not hear more about these fantastic books before now? They are better than the Spiderwick Chronicles and the Series of Unfortunate Events both of which got a lot more press and feature films too. The characters are plucky and endearing, the storylines clip along at a fast pace with more than enough twists and turns to keep you reading. I love that these books celebrate kids who are smart--in a variety of ways-- inventive, brave and kindhearted. Think Harry Potter mixed with Roald Dahl ...more
Grace
May 17, 2013 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series of all time. With quirky characters, an unusual plot,and dry wit laced through it all, Stewart crafts and uncommonly well-written story. With prose that sparkles and engages the reader, and with a plot riddled with riddles, Stewart constructs a face-paced and lovely series with each book better than the last. Truly, these books are a gift, and the enchantment I feel when rereading them never diminishes. These books will always have a special place in my heart.
Casey
Feb 01, 2011 Casey rated it really liked it
I bought the collection as a whole for my nook. I'm in the second book, and enjoyed the first. Not sure where this will all go, but any collection of books that remember that children aren't dumb is a big plus in my mind.
Fran
Apr 28, 2011 Fran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 11-year-old recommended these (go figure!). They are a fun read!
Aliaa
Feb 27, 2017 Aliaa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i would have given it five but i wanted more books .. lovely and fun ..
Claire
Jun 12, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite series when I was younger and still today! The characters are unique and the writing is whimsical. Trenton Lee Stewart even wrote a sequel.
C9G7
May 09, 2011 C9G7 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great series for young or old; I dare you to not keep reading it after the second book. You WILL beg for more once you finish the series.
Michael Gillooly
Sep 21, 2011 Michael Gillooly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like These books
Kimberly
Jul 01, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mr-man
How exciting that brainy, genius, acrobatic and grumpy kids can save the world. Ingenuity, smarts and bravery are rewarded.
αηαηуα ∞
Apr 21, 2014 αηαηуα ∞ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
LOVE THIS SERIES...MY CHILDHOOD!
Jade
Apr 30, 2011 Jade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series. It's so entertaining. I could read these over and over again and never get tired of them.
Madeline
Mar 06, 2011 Madeline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
Fantastic allconsuming weekend sort of book-but worth the weekend and much more! With all these puzzle mystery filled pages your sure to be hooked too!
Emme_21
Mar 02, 2017 Emme_21 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever and whimsical
Padmana
Jun 10, 2017 Padmana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great. Plus you can do the puzzles with them.
Mael
Sep 30, 2016 Mael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You must read these books!You will never want to stop reading after you started one!
Wisdom Zelda
Dec 03, 2016 Wisdom Zelda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magnum Opus: Review of The Mysterious Benedict Society Trilogy

Many people, if not all, know the saying “Never judge a book by its cover.” A couple years ago, I had resolved never to judge a book by its cover. I was pretty sure that I had followed that rule—until now. You see, a few years ago a friend gave us a book. Unfortunately, the cover illustration didn’t appeal to me (I recall that I thought that the people didn’t look realistic enough), and I didn’t read it. But here I am, or here this re
Miss Carman
After a mysterious ad appears in the newspaper with little information except that they are looking for gifted children, a whole bunch of children show up for a bunch of strange tests, puzzles and riddles, and in the end, four children end up joining the secret Mysterious Benedict Society, where they are sent as spies to a school run by a madman who wants to control the world - and is nearly succeeding. After their first adventure, the Mysterious Benedict Society for more adventures - tracking d ...more
Nyssa
What a great series for the young & young at heart.
Lots of puzzles, predicaments, action and adventure (plus a ridiculous rhyme or two. :)) It was fun following these special children as they use their unique talents in dealing with all that was thrown at them. Yes, there are few "You've got to be kidding me" moments (deus ex machina), but, that is all part of the fun - this is a young readers (9 -12) series after all. Personally, I didn't really mind that much - I'm a sucker for happy endin
Louisa
Dec 27, 2012 Louisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this first book of the series. I wanted to read it, along with the other young person's novels I'm reading, to introduce it to my daughters at storytime. But I'm really enjoying it - it no longer seems like great youth fiction, it reads like simply great fiction. Good characters, plot, writing, and a fabulously clever hook of brain teasing puzzlers throughout. I wish there were more of these, actually...
Caitlin
Sep 25, 2015 Caitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books when I was younger. Having read them as an older kid, I still find them pretty enjoyable. It's about four kids who are asked to infiltrate a school for evil children to bring down the evil principal who is trying to brainwash the whole world into doing his bidding. The characters are unique and different from one other, so they don't all blend together. People of most ages should be able to enjoy these books.
Judith
Jul 15, 2014 Judith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this aloud at night to my oldest son (age 9). We are halfway through the second book and we are hooked! Suspenseful, twisting plot full of riddles, surprises, unique characters and life lessons. It's listed as a book on a sixth grade reading level, but I find the vocabulary to be much more sophisticated. I highly recommend this book, especially for kids that enjoy being smart and quirky!!
Sophia :)
Sep 21, 2011 Sophia :) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's just say that like these books enough to read all of them. I usually don't read book like this but the plot was pretty good and not to mention it was mysterious and kind of funny.
This kind of reminds me of the book School of Fear because I'n both of the books, each kid is facing a different problem
Skylar
Oct 28, 2012 Skylar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to for a book report. I absolutely undeniably loved it, but I also really hated it. The story line was more like a fifth grade fantasy land, and has the second grade moral/ friends are family. I didn't really enjoy it, but there were some good parts..
Britni
Jul 20, 2011 Britni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for something very different,creative, and unusual than what you have read before...this is it! I think the books are very clever, descriptive,and well written. A world and events I would have never thought up! I have read the whole series, another book to the series on its way this September.
Ladytburd
Jul 08, 2013 Ladytburd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books. Clever, creative, amusing....a wonderful escape for kids and adults. I'm excited every time a new one comes out as it allows me to let my imagination run wild in an innocent, playful way.
Sophie Inkster
Apr 29, 2014 Sophie Inkster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-right
just right

I really liked this book because it is pretty deep, and is a great mystery that is full of surprises! The characters are great and easy to connect with, and each have their own talents (not involving magic). These books are definitely worth reading!!
N.K. Wright
Aug 20, 2013 N.K. Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four children, gifted at various types of things, find themselves together and working undercover for a mysterious man named Benedict. They are, simply put, charged with saving the world.

This was a very fun series. Recommended to young and old alike. Great plot and wonderful characterization.
  • Holly Claus: The Christmas Princess
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • The Secret Series Complete Collection
  • The Gifts (A Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Tommysaurus Rex
  • Road Dahl Boxed Set of 6 Books: The Witches / George's Marvelous Medicine / The Twits / Esio Trot / Matilda / The BFG
  • Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketching, and Mixed Media
  • The Meq
  • Windows on the Hill (Summerhill Secrets, #9)
  • Septimus Heap (Septimus Heap, #1-4)
  • Stardom Can Be Murder (Charlie Parker #12)
  • Little Miss Brainy
  • My King The President
  • Chaos Walking 2 In 1 Omnibus (Chaos Walking)
  • Seattle on Ice (A Brick Ransom Adventure, #2)
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
  • Fair Wind to Widdershins (The Six Crowns, #2)
  • The Marvelous Inventions of Alvin Fernald
Trenton Lee Stewart is the author of the award-winning, bestselling Mysterious Benedict Society series for young readers; The Secret Keepers, also for young readers; and the adult novel Flood Summer. He lives in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Letters to the author may be sent to:

Trenton Lee Stewart
PO Box 251358
Little Rock, AR 72205
More about Trenton Lee Stewart...

The Mysterious Benedict Society (3 books)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #2)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)