Start by marking “Velvet Dragon (A Velvet Glove Novel)” as Want to Read:
Velvet Dragon (A Velvet Glove Novel)

Velvet Dragon (Velvet Glove #8)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Serius is an expert in whipping; his beauty is a riding crop, but he's an expert with all manner of whips, floggers and paddles. He's also a man looking for someone special to be his sub; he believes in order, discipline, submission, but he also wants a challenge. When Hercules promises him the perfect sub in exchange for his working at the exclusive Velvet Glove, Serius b ...more
Published October 2010 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Velvet Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Velvet Dragon

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
274th out of 575 books — 839 voters
Rough Broke by Kate SherwoodSometimes You Just Know by Kate SherwoodThe Violet and the Tom by Eve OcotilloOne Man's Treasure by Nicole KimberlingHome Work by Kaje Harper
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Pink Or Purple Covers
99th out of 119 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

~SexyBookWorm~
I really liked this one. I wish I could go forward in time and visit the Velvet Glove club. But I dont think they would let me in since Im a girl :(...One thing about the velvet glove books is you need to know how to read between the lines. These books dont end with declarations of love...you must be able to see the love in their actions toward eachother. These books also dont follow a typical MM romance roadmap...and thats AWESOME! Sean Michaels is just a mastermind and a visionary!
Serena Yates
This is a great addition to the Velvet Glove series. While there are many similarities, not least the sub/Dom dynamic, the way the relationship between Dragonne and Serius works different. The key to Dragonnne's submission lies in the sensual, not the pain/domination aspect that the other books revolve around. I thought this was an interesting addition, especially since it was somewhat unexpected.
Librarian Kate
Overall, I adore the world of the Velvet Glove; I find it innovative and full of possibilities for exploring the variations in the D/s and BDSM dynamics. Plus the fact that it's basically science fiction, set in the future on another planet, gives the author so many options for creating characters/backgrounds/kinks & needs...

This was pleasant; I kept waiting for some significant reveal/event to trigger a game change between Leung and Serius. But other than a rather tepid explanation about an
Lily
Velvet Dragon is set in the author's Velvet Glove world although it can be read as a standalone.

Serius has just signed up to work at the Velvet Glove as a top and one of the perks is his own personal submissive. When he meets Dragonne he's immediately drawn to him and sees definite potential in the quiet younger man. As they enter into a relationship Serius finds that while Dragonne is submissive he hasn't ever truly submitted. Will he be able to give Dragonne what he needs to finally be free?

I'
Alex
Another Sean Michael book in classic form. We return to the Velvet Glove where we meet Serius and Dragonne. Serius is new to the Glove and looking for a sub, preferably a challenge and Mal offers up Dragonne who gives the facade of submitting beautifully but never actually submits. Unlike most of Michael's other Velvet Glove stories, this one doesn't focus on the more hardcore elements (whipping, etc), although there is at least one scene with them. The focus of this story is getting Dragonne to ...more
Charly
Not my favorite Velvet Glove story

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 5/10

PROS:
- I find it interesting to read about characters with such different life philosophies than mine. (see cons below also)
- Each story I read from the Velvet Glove world makes the setting seem more complex and more fantastic. The club is entirely self-contained, and it runs perfectly smoothly, from the cleaning to the food service to the play areas to the security.
- Dragonne’s
Meggie
There is only one word circling in my mind right now, beautiful! Okay,truly I have to admit, it's a bit unrealistic storyline, but even so emotionally so full, with the HEA at the end, as I said, beautiful.

Leung, called by Mater Serius, as my Dragon is deeply reserved, character. Sean Michael created such an emotional, well written, thoughtful story here, for my taste it was definitely to short. I loved it fully!
Leah
Actually this had more kissing and plot than smexin compared to most of the Velvet Glove series. So I've read them all; don't judge me :P Maybe SM is finally getting that less is more. Good junkfood read.
But I could have gone forever without reading, "My beautiful, wanton dragon. Will you breathe fire for me tonight?(pg. 130)." Bleh!
Tamela
Loved Leung and Serius. All the characters built this into a strong, well written, thoughtful story. One of Sean Michael's best and it has been added to "My Favorites".

1st read - Aug 20, 2011
2nd read - Sep 30, 2011
Tj
Hmmmm, struggled over rating this. I did like it but it was so....sugary. It just seemed too typical a book of the series but with less intense sex.
Clover
sweet story. I was so happy to read again about tho characters of this serie ! hope there will be more.
Carolyn88
I always love books written by sean michael.
Sweetalpha135
a beautiful way to develop a relationship.
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 19, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • The Gift
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • A Master's Love (Master's Love, #1)
  • Cherry On Top
  • Pet Rescue
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1, Russian Bear, #2)
  • Obedience Training
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Forged (Hammer, #8)