The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  2,713 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Taryn and Jeff have been next-door neighbors and friends all of their lives but when they enter sixth grade, everything changes.
Published January 1st 2007 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2006)

Jamika
Jan 13, 2010 Jamika rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who like the candy aplple series
Recommended to Jamika by: no one
What i've learned from this book the boy next door is that sometimes you think your friend could mabey one day become more than a friend or best friend but not with the two main characters Taryn and Jeff.they are starting sixth grade and their both really nervous.they've been friends since they were born. they were born on the same week and the same month and year.So they hung out over the summer but when Jeff joins the soccer team and Taryn joins the schools Carnival Commity they both go their...more
Megan Lengel
Taryn and Jeff have been next-door neighbors forever. It never mattered that they were a girl and a boy - they were just friends. But when they hit sixth grade - everything changes... whether they want it to or not.
Natilie
This book was really weird the fact that she thought that the boy next door could be her twin was odd. And it was all because they had the same b-day and he was mean and nice. Like I have acted like a sister to one of my friends well most them anyway I just thought it was weird.
Samantha
Taryn and Jeff have been best friends since they were babies. it never mattered they they were boy or girl,until the start of 6th grade. then it seemed all Jeff cared about was soccer and the guys. Find out how Taryn deals with everything in The Boy Next Door, by Laura Dower.
Daisy Larco
The boy next door by Laura Dower is about a girl taryn and her best friend jeff who are about to enter the 6th grade. Taryn has no feeling for Jeff intill now so will she fall for Jeff.
Cindy Gu
I remember seeing this in the Scholastic catalog back in like, fifth grade. I don't know why, but the title just drew me in a lot, even to be in the back of my memories until right now, when I'm 15.

So I just wanted to read this book for the sake of reading it, because I wanted to so badly like 5 years ago. So I decided to go for it, even though the genre of this book is probably for elementary school kids. So i did, and yeah, it was really kiddish. I never realized how I read these kind of books...more
Amanda jimenez
I think this book was great! It was very riveting ! Many kids can relate to this type of situation.
Summary- This book was about a girl named Taryn who starts to like her next door neighbor Jeff. She never really liked him like that untill the 6 th grade. thats when things start to change!Read the book to find out more!!!!!
Shanda
This book was very confusing to me.First they were friends.But when middle school hits there having crushes on each other.But it was really cool since one of them played soccer.Otherwisethe whole confusion,this is a really good book.I would reccomened it to people of all ages.
Darleine
This book is really interseting, because it's about this girl Taryn and boy Jeff, trying their best to get through middle school and still be friends.
It thought me try to never forget your friends because they will always help u at a time of need.
Beka
this girl who is in love with her best friend they new each other forever and once they get in to middle school he get's all cool and she get's glasses and they discover that they like each other
Savannah
I really liked this book! I think who ever is reading this review right now should read it and all your friends should too. It's really cute, sweet, and I really like the plot in the story.
Qaila ross
so far it is about a girl who is going to junior high school for thgew first time and she for the first tiome is going to be in a different class and different floor.
Theresa
This is a cute story about 2 best friends who start to like each other. I didn't really enjoy it. I thought it could've been a little bit more specific.
Ally
i liked this book alot it was something most girls can relate to .You should totally read it!
Hannah
this was an amazing book and it was one of my favorite book, its about friendship mostly!
Mrs. Bahns
This book is so cute i love it i defenitily recomend it!
Candi
I like how it's from Taryn and Jeff's point of views.
Lindsay
I wish some boy could be my next door neighboor.
Noel
Oh my goodness. This book is great!:)
tree hugger
u should read, deffently
Irena
This book was really good! I really enjoyed it. This book has been sitting on my shelf since I was 8 years old! I think it was about time that I read this. This book changes the point of view, from 2 people, Taryn and Jeff. They have been best friends since they were in diapers! Now it's the summer of 5th grade, right before they officially turn 6th graders! They are both really nervous to leave their elementary school and start middle school. This is gonna be their first year apart, not having...more
Stephanie
This is the cutest book ever!! I read this book when I was eleven or twelve. I loved it, and I read the other Candy Apple books. I recently just bought this book, because I remember how much I loved it. So, this book was just sitting on my shelf, and I was in the mood to read a cute, simple book. This was the book I was looking for. The book is so short, but I needed a break from reading big books. I loved the characters, and I like how the book is about friendship. At the end, it can be conside...more
Ḱℯηℨ☤℮  ฿łυℯ
BEST BOOK EVER. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I USED TO READ THIS WHEN I WAS DOWN. IT DIDN'T HELP THAT I WAS GOING TO GET GLASSES, AND I WAS REALLY SELF-CONSCIOUS. UGH, IT URKS ME THAT NO ONE HAS LIKED THIS BOOK THE WAY I HAVE. I THINK IT WAS A GOD SENT GIFT. WHENEVER I TOLD MY MOM I WOULD ONLY READ NEW BOOKS, SHE FORCED ME GO TO A THRIFT SHOP AND I FOUND THIS BOOK, EVER SINCE ME AND LAURA DOWER HAVE BEEN BEST FRIENDS (WELL IN MY MIND).
Eva Meng
I think this book is weird and also funny. I also think that this book is really a great book for people who like candy books. I think this is also a good book for grown ups such as teachers,parents,or people who read newspaper or also people who like to read on the train because this a great book for a lot of people. The funny parts are in the middle and also the end for example in one of the parts Tarlyn fell on Jeff and he said your superstrength are no match for me Wonder Woman and Tarlyn sa...more
Rebeca
Well I think this book will go well for 9 to 13 year old kids.
It´s told by both Taryn and Jeff POV´s. At first Taryn can´t stand him but her feelings change progressively.
Lay Criss
This series is fantastic. Its very entertaining. Love em'. I like how each book relates to another, but yet, different plots. Nicely written.
Mariana
I thought it was a great book because it has very detailed description.
Did you guys like it? 2 5 Sep 06, 2012 03:09AM
do you think 5 19 Jan 07, 2009 04:58PM
  • How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Madame President (How I Survived Middle School)
  • This Totally Bites! (Poison Apple #2)
Laura Dower worked in marketing and editorial in kid’s publishing for many years before taking a big leap to the full-time life of an author. Since 2000, she has penned 90+ books–from picture books to young adult fiction and nonfiction. Along the way, she had two sons and a daughter. Laura and her groovy family of five live in Yonkers, NY.
More about Laura Dower...
Only the Lonely (From the Files of Madison Finn, #1) Boy, Oh Boy! (From the Files of Madison Finn, #2) Play It Again (From the Files of Madison Finn, #3) Save the Date (From the Files of Madison Finn, #7) Picture-Perfect (From the Files of Madison Finn, #8)