Start by marking “Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day (Junie B. Jones, #16)” as Want to Read:
Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day (Junie B. Jones, #16)

Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day (Junie B. Jones #16)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,185 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
Afternoon kindergarten is having a field day, and Junie B. Jones is team captain! Only, here's the problem. Room Eight keeps on winning too many events. And so how will Room Nine ever become the kindergarten champions? As Captain Field Day, will Junie B. find a way to lead her team to victory? Or will it be up to someone else to save the day?
Published January 2nd 2001 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day

Dog Days by Jeff KinneyJunie B., First Grader by Barbara ParkDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyRodrick Rules by Jeff KinneyJunie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business by Barbara Park
Good Books For Anyone
13th out of 70 books — 114 voters
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussAre You My Mother? by P.D. EastmanHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
Best books for remembering childhood
31st out of 118 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Harper
Mar 15, 2013 Harper rated it really liked it
I like how she calls her mother "That Woman". Not that I would call my mom that.
Norberto Leyva
Sep 25, 2013 Norberto Leyva rated it really liked it
In the book Junie B. Jones is Captain Field Day the main character, Junie, competes against another class. Junie is really excited about the day. The excitement extends into the school day, and Junie is selected as captain of the classroom. There are different events the classes compete against each other. Junieś class does really well until she accidentally loses the tag team event for her classroom.

Cesar
Oct 31, 2013 Cesar rated it liked it
“Junie B. Jones Captain Field Day” is about a girl who is in kindergarten. She is excited about the first day of school. When she started to go to school she liked to run. She has a race against other students. Room Nine competes against another class. Junie lost her shoe during the race and everyone was mad at her because she lost. She feels bad about it because the race was important. Junie reminds others that they are there to have fun and not fight.

Junie is a main character and she is kinder
Alfreda Morrissey
Dec 14, 2015 Alfreda Morrissey rated it liked it
This book is cute and funny and my kids loved it. We all giggled out loud while listening to Kayray read it to us. There are several good morals taught in non annoying ways. None of the characters are perfect angels, and the kids love seeing other people mess up and learn to fix their mistakes.

The only thing that concerns me regarding this book is the language. There are several catch phrases and ways of speaking that are repeated throughout the book. I know with my kids, these sorts of things '
Jessica Lee
Dec 07, 2015 Jessica Lee rated it it was amazing
Juniey B. was at it again in this installment of her elementary years! In this book, Juniey B. gets to be the Captain Field Day and takes her role a little bit too seriously. During the field day competitions, Juniey B.'s team has lost one event and won the other, leaving it all up to the final event, the race. Juniey B. is quite confident that she will win, HOWEVER her shoe falls off in the middle of the race and what is she supposed to do?? Keep running in her SOCK FEET?! Juniey B. thinks bett ...more
Carol Marco
Jul 31, 2008 Carol Marco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
First, for anyone who felt they needed to be "boss" when they were in 1st grade....you'll love this book. Second, anyone who knows "BSB" or my twin sister, Shirley, this book is about her :) ANNNNDDDD, probably about me, too :)

Yes, it's written for 1st-2nd graders....but my 4th graders still love it when I read this book to them the morning before field day....and I read it to them because they get a huge kick out of it and it still makes me giggle.
Sara Schwarzwalder
Apr 22, 2014 Sara Schwarzwalder rated it really liked it
Shelves: popular-series
Kiya
Dec 08, 2015 Kiya added it
Shelves: junie-b-jones
Afternoon kindergarten is having field day Junie B. is in room 9 and they are competing against room 8. Their teacher Mrs. Decides in order to pick team captain she will put slips of paper in a container and whoever grabs the paper that says “captain” gets to be the home room captain. Junie B ends up being captain and starts rubbing it to her classmates and becomes really bossy Junie B classroom does really well until she accidentally loses the tag team event for her class towards the end Junie ...more
Ariel
Dec 14, 2015 Ariel rated it it was amazing
When Junie B. Jones is chosen to be Field Day Captain, she believes she can lead her team to victory over Room Eight. After a rough start to the day, Junie B. Wonders whether Room Nine will ever win.
I've always loved reading Junie B. Jones books. They are so funny and Junie B. is so fun to read about. She gets herself into trouble in just about every book and this one is no different. She's so entertaining and truly a great little girl to read about. I would recommend this book and this series
Anna Burgos
the story was about a girl that was the captain of the class for kindergarden day
Jillybean
Jun 18, 2009 Jillybean rated it it was amazing
Reading aloud to my 6 year old. This is one of the better ones . . . funny!
Charlotte
Feb 02, 2016 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Its Field Day, and Junie B. is Captain Field Day! Everyone from Room 9 and Room 8 are doing lots of fun actives, but Room 9 keeps losing. Then the hardest game begins, and the hero is somebody that surprises Room 9.
Junie B. Jones fills the book with laughs and giggles, with her funny opinions and weird sayings. She makes the book sparky, and makes funny trouble. Age range is 6 and up.
I like this book because Junie B. resides me of Ramona Q. My favourite part is after she talks with Grace. The
April
Jun 08, 2012 April rated it really liked it
Jillian, my 5 year old, loved it!
Josiah
Jul 08, 2011 Josiah rated it it was ok
There's no more accurately telling description I can give of Junie B. Jones and the celebrated series of books about her than to say that they are both an absolute joy. I can completely understand the enormous popularity of the series. Junie B. is hilarious in nearly everything she does; she can turn the simplest new concepts into epically humorous misunderstandings that will leave most readers in stitches long after finishing one of the books. At their best, the Junie B. Jones series is arguab ...more
Feb 21, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it

My 6 year old niece decided to take this book out in French from her school's library. She has become very fond of Junie B. Jones and wanted to try one in French (she is in grade one and is in French immersion and can now read quite well in French).

I thought it was really cute how they adapted/translated some of our favorite Junie B. Jones terms. Meanie Jim was Jim la peste. Crybaby William was Bebe-la-la William. The teacher was simply Madame. It made me laugh.

The only thing I didn't notice as
Kristina Charnecki
Dec 08, 2011 Kristina Charnecki rated it really liked it
Genre: Contemporary Realism

She’s at it again. Readers continue their journey following our favorite rambunctious kindergartener, Junie B. Jones. Only now, its field day, and she’s determined for her class to be champions, which requires her to step up and lead Room Nine to victory.

a.) A major strength of this book/series is the character development of Junie B. Jones.
b.) Readers cannot help but fall in love with this feisty character. Everything from the way she dresses to the “off the wall” thi
Sierra
Sep 04, 2012 Sierra rated it liked it
Great book for a classroom full of Kindergartners! Junie B. Jones is in room 9 and they are having a field day in which they compete against room 8. Their teacher named Mrs. decides that in order to pick their room captain she will put little slips of paper in a container and whoever grabs the piece of paper that says “captain” gets to be the captain of the room. Surprisingly Junie B. ends up getting the piece of paper and is thrilled. Throughout the book she says things that are quite self-cent ...more
Aylin Sapiens
Sep 20, 2013 Aylin Sapiens rated it really liked it
Junie B Jones is Captain Field Day is a very interesting book it is funny and worth reading. This book reminded me of days in my childhood when I was in PreKinder and Elementery school it is a book that when you read it it will make you remember some of the little kid drama. Something funny about this book is that when you have smaller siblings in your family like I do you could compare them with Junie B Jones and some of her classmates you could see and compare that there attitude is the same, ...more
Kayla Spohr
Apr 28, 2014 Kayla Spohr rated it liked it
Junie B.’s Kindergarten class is having a field Day! Junie luckily got chosen to be captain and she couldn’t be more thrilled. Her job is to pick what events everyone is going to do, and cheer them on. This book was fun to read and the whole school can relate to it because almost all schools have a field day at the end of the year. This book can be read in preparation for that day. Teamwork would be a good theme to incorporate this book into a lesson.
Natalia G
Jan 08, 2015 Natalia G rated it it was amazing
Danielle
Jun 22, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This was our first Junie B. Jones book and my kindergartner enjoyed it. I was warned ahead of time that the grammar is pretty bad, and I suspected that Junie's behavior might not be ideal, but it lead to some good discussions with my daughter. She also had a field day in kindergarten, so she could relate to the story. We have 4 more in the series to read this summer.
Katarina Miller
Feb 21, 2015 Katarina Miller rated it really liked it
Junie B. Jones is hilarious again while becoming captain of her class for field day. She does not understand at first what it means to be a captain, but through exchanges with her teacher and experiences, Junie realizes what being a leader really means. She gives William her cape at the end of the story because she thinks he really is the champion of field day.
Katrina
Jan 31, 2014 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elizabethsshelf
I read this with my six-year-old and the rating is hers. We just received this fourth box set of Junie B. Jones and had to skip ahead to read this one with Junie B. in the cape. This is really funny, having experienced field day with my own kids including the aforementioned six-year-old. As an adult, I can appreciate the teacher's efforts to instill sportsmanship into the kids with less than favorable results.
Libby
Jul 27, 2011 Libby added it
Junie B. learns the important value of teamwork and how to help her classmates work together as a team. She also learns that winning isn't everything and that even if her class loses all the events the important thing is about having fun! She also leans to be a good team sport and cheers and her classmates. The ending is very surprising and I'm not going to give it away. Junie also learns how not to brag because if she brags she is being very rude to her classmates and other people. Barbra Park ...more
Noah Rucks
Mar 31, 2015 Noah Rucks rated it liked it
I liked the book In the book Junie B. Jones is Captain Field Day because I can relate to the kids in the book. It shows you how kids acted when people were young.

In Junie B. Jones is Captain Field Day the main character, Junie, competes against another class. Junie is really excited about the day. Junie rubs it in that she becomes captain of Classroom Nine and her classmates did not, and she becomes bossy. Thelma is elected as captain of Classroom Eight, and Junie does not like the idea of anoth
Gianna Mosser
Feb 01, 2015 Gianna Mosser rated it really liked it
A really great one, even for Junie. Excellent lessons about being a good sport, but you can feel her excitement at getting to be the captain in the first place. I liked the spreading of the athleticism out, even though there is Strong Frankie. Atty was glued the whole time. Now he is hoping his school will have field day too!
Megan Chonczynski
Dec 06, 2014 Megan Chonczynski rated it it was amazing
On the first page there are reviews that Barbara Park got for her books. The first page starting the chapter is an illustration on Junie B. Jones and then the story begins. Every chapter has at least one illustration in it. At the end of the book there is a note written to the audience from Junie B. Jones.
Holly Letson
Once you get over JBJ's bad grammar and just generally being a complete smartaleck, this is a fun story. She has a heart of gold, which shows through towards the ending.

I now only like #21 and #28 having read all the JBJ books. I do not currently own those.
Bethany
Sep 27, 2011 Bethany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-novels
Barbara Park's series "Junie B. Jones" has always been a favorite of mine. I think particularly because it was one of the first chapter books I read by myself and actually enjoyed reading. Any book in the Junie B. Jones series interested me because it was something a little girl like me could relate too. Junie B. Jones is a funny little girl, who tells it like it is, no matter what. In every book Junie B. Jones book Junie B. is in a setting where she ends up learning a lesson, which the reader ...more
Jasmine123
Oct 02, 2014 Jasmine123 rated it it was amazing
It's awsome because Junie.B wants to be the captain and she was lucky and turned out to be the captain. Plus something great happens to their team but you need to read it in order to find out!
Junie B. 6 19 May 21, 2014 09:36AM
  • Day of the Dragon King (Magic Tree House, #14)
  • Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom
  • Amber Brown Wants Extra Credit
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off-Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)
  • Nate the Great and the Pillowcase
  • Don't Tap-Dance on Your Teacher (Roscoe Riley Rules, #5)
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park...

Junie B. Jones (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5)
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones, #7)
  • Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed (Junie B. Jones, #8)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal (Junie B. Jones, #10)