Start by marking “Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides, #1)

Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides #1)

A gold-rush town is no place for a single mother. But widow Lana Bristow won't abandon the only home her son has ever known. She'll fight to remain in Treasure Creek, Alaska--even if it means wedding Mack Tanner, the man she blames for her husband's death.Mack sees marriage as his duty, the only way to protect his former business partner's family. Yet what starts as an obl ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yukon Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yukon Wedding

Judy
May 12, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
This series consists of six contemporary books (Alaskan Bride Rush Series) and is than followed by three historical books. This would be the 7th in the series and the 1st of the historical series.
Going back in time we now meet the founders of the town of Treasure Creek, Alaska.

Mack Tanner has been after Lana Bristow to marry him ever since a few days after her husband Jed died. Jed and Mack had been friends for 30 years and Mack had convinced him to join him in Alaska and starting this town that
Andrea Norton
Aug 29, 2014 Andrea Norton rated it really liked it
This is a historical fiction set during the gold rush of Alaska. Being a recent widow in such a rough time and place makes Lana Bristol a prime target for violence. Mack Turner was Lana's husband Jed's best friend and he now feels a responsibility to protect her and her young son. There are many who believe Lana's husband left her lots of gold and their greed won't be stopped. Mack finally convinces Lana to enter into a marriage or convenience which she refers to as a marriage of survival. I lov ...more
Barbara
Apr 01, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it
This was an excellent beginning to the Alaskan Brides historical mini-series. The action kept me turning pages quickly in many spots, and I loved the main characters, Lana and Mack. The only part that didn't totally fit together for me was Lana's personality and some of what we learned about her first husband. I'm not sure the two of them really went together well, but she had supposedly been very happy with him. That's just a quick impression I got. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Lyn Morgan
Mar 12, 2012 Lyn Morgan rated it really liked it
Wonderful book. The romance was thrilling, the characters absorbing and the story fast-paced with unexpected twists.

Lana Tanner thinks she will never find happiness again when her young husband is killed during the Gold Rush in Alaska. When Mack Tanner, her deceased husband's partner, keeps asking her to marry him for protection in the harsh, pioneer setting, she refuses many times. At last she agrees and finds love where she least expected it.
Elizabeth
Oh, Allie Pleiter, you broke my brain. I don't "do" romance, but I cannot get enough of this author. Cannot. Get. Enough. This one takes place during the Yukon gold rush and involves a marriage of obligation/convenience that blossoms into much, much more. A good message about trust here, as well. Fun fun.
Mary
Apr 30, 2011 Mary rated it liked it
This book was an interesting Christian themed historical fiction novel which took place during the Gold Rush in Alaska. It was about a marriage of convenience but turned into something more. It was predictable, but heartfelt at the same time.

I received this book through GoodReads First Reads.
Maureen Lang
Sep 29, 2011 Maureen Lang rated it it was amazing
This was just the kind of book I wanted to match my mood for a fun read! I loved it!
Ursula
Sep 13, 2014 Ursula rated it really liked it
Quickly moving story. Very engaging and confirms I was born at the wrong time, wrong place. Loved this book.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alaskan Brides
Nelda Williams
Mar 16, 2015 Nelda Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yukon Wedding

I did.enjoy this.clean but full of adventure. Book , would recommend it to any one for good reading and entertainment,
Terri Pray
Jul 20, 2012 Terri Pray rated it did not like it
Just could not get into this one at all. Lana's character set my teeth on edge! I tried, struggled through 168 pages of the book before finally giving up.
Leigh
Leigh rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Connie Hendryx
Connie Hendryx rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Cindy
May 07, 2011 Cindy rated it really liked it
A satisfying historical romance. Good writing, and
well-drawn characters.
Ruby
Ruby rated it liked it
May 08, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Brittiany
Brittiany rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Leo
Leo rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2012
Nancy Werner
Nancy Werner rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Kelli
Kelli rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2011
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Miss Pippi the Librarian rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2011
Constance Viele
Constance Viele rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 11, 2015 10:26AM
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • Wyoming Lawman (The Women of Swan's Nest, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
  • Soaring Home
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...

Alaskan Brides (3 books)