Start by marking “Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides, #1)

Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A gold-rush town is no place for a single mother. But widow Lana Bristow won't abandon the only home her son has ever known. She'll fight to remain in Treasure Creek, Alaska--even if it means wedding Mack Tanner, the man she blames for her husband's death.Mack sees marriage as his duty, the only way to protect his former business partner's family. Yet what starts as an obl ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yukon Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yukon Wedding

Andrea Norton
This is a historical fiction set during the gold rush of Alaska. Being a recent widow in such a rough time and place makes Lana Bristol a prime target for violence. Mack Turner was Lana's husband Jed's best friend and he now feels a responsibility to protect her and her young son. There are many who believe Lana's husband left her lots of gold and their greed won't be stopped. Mack finally convinces Lana to enter into a marriage or convenience which she refers to as a marriage of survival. I lov ...more
Judy
This series consists of six contemporary books (Alaskan Bride Rush Series) and is than followed by three historical books. This would be the 7th in the series and the 1st of the historical series.
Going back in time we now meet the founders of the town of Treasure Creek, Alaska.

Mack Tanner has been after Lana Bristow to marry him ever since a few days after her husband Jed died. Jed and Mack had been friends for 30 years and Mack had convinced him to join him in Alaska and starting this town that
Nelda Williams
Yukon Wedding

I did.enjoy this.clean but full of adventure. Book , would recommend it to any one for good reading and entertainment,
Ursula
Quickly moving story. Very engaging and confirms I was born at the wrong time, wrong place. Loved this book.
Barbara
This was an excellent beginning to the Alaskan Brides historical mini-series. The action kept me turning pages quickly in many spots, and I loved the main characters, Lana and Mack. The only part that didn't totally fit together for me was Lana's personality and some of what we learned about her first husband. I'm not sure the two of them really went together well, but she had supposedly been very happy with him. That's just a quick impression I got. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Lyn Morgan
Wonderful book. The romance was thrilling, the characters absorbing and the story fast-paced with unexpected twists.

Lana Tanner thinks she will never find happiness again when her young husband is killed during the Gold Rush in Alaska. When Mack Tanner, her deceased husband's partner, keeps asking her to marry him for protection in the harsh, pioneer setting, she refuses many times. At last she agrees and finds love where she least expected it.
Elizabeth
Oh, Allie Pleiter, you broke my brain. I don't "do" romance, but I cannot get enough of this author. Cannot. Get. Enough. This one takes place during the Yukon gold rush and involves a marriage of obligation/convenience that blossoms into much, much more. A good message about trust here, as well. Fun fun.
Mary
This book was an interesting Christian themed historical fiction novel which took place during the Gold Rush in Alaska. It was about a marriage of convenience but turned into something more. It was predictable, but heartfelt at the same time.

I received this book through GoodReads First Reads.
Terri Pray
Just could not get into this one at all. Lana's character set my teeth on edge! I tried, struggled through 168 pages of the book before finally giving up.
Maureen Lang
This was just the kind of book I wanted to match my mood for a fun read! I loved it!
Cindy
A satisfying historical romance. Good writing, and
well-drawn characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alaskan Brides
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 11, 2015 10:26AM
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...

Alaskan Brides (3 books)
  • Klondike Medicine Woman
  • Gold Rush Baby
The Perfect Blend My So Called Love Life Homefront Hero Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1) Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)