Yukon Wedding

Yukon Wedding (Alaskan Brides #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A gold-rush town is no place for a single mother. But widow Lana Bristow won't abandon the only home her son has ever known. She'll fight to remain in Treasure Creek, Alaska--even if it means wedding Mack Tanner, the man she blames for her husband's death.Mack sees marriage as his duty, the only way to protect his former business partner's family. Yet what starts as an obl...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Judy
This series consists of six contemporary books (Alaskan Bride Rush Series) and is than followed by three historical books. This would be the 7th in the series and the 1st of the historical series.
Going back in time we now meet the founders of the town of Treasure Creek, Alaska.

Mack Tanner has been after Lana Bristow to marry him ever since a few days after her husband Jed died. Jed and Mack had been friends for 30 years and Mack had convinced him to join him in Alaska and starting this town that...more
Barbara
This was an excellent beginning to the Alaskan Brides historical mini-series. The action kept me turning pages quickly in many spots, and I loved the main characters, Lana and Mack. The only part that didn't totally fit together for me was Lana's personality and some of what we learned about her first husband. I'm not sure the two of them really went together well, but she had supposedly been very happy with him. That's just a quick impression I got. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Lyn Morgan
Wonderful book. The romance was thrilling, the characters absorbing and the story fast-paced with unexpected twists.

Lana Tanner thinks she will never find happiness again when her young husband is killed during the Gold Rush in Alaska. When Mack Tanner, her deceased husband's partner, keeps asking her to marry him for protection in the harsh, pioneer setting, she refuses many times. At last she agrees and finds love where she least expected it.
Elizabeth
Oh, Allie Pleiter, you broke my brain. I don't "do" romance, but I cannot get enough of this author. Cannot. Get. Enough. This one takes place during the Yukon gold rush and involves a marriage of obligation/convenience that blossoms into much, much more. A good message about trust here, as well. Fun fun.
Mary
This book was an interesting Christian themed historical fiction novel which took place during the Gold Rush in Alaska. It was about a marriage of convenience but turned into something more. It was predictable, but heartfelt at the same time.

I received this book through GoodReads First Reads.
Terri Pray
Just could not get into this one at all. Lana's character set my teeth on edge! I tried, struggled through 168 pages of the book before finally giving up.
Maureen Lang
This was just the kind of book I wanted to match my mood for a fun read! I loved it!
Cindy
A satisfying historical romance. Good writing, and
well-drawn characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Alaskan Brides
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Dove
Dove marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Brittiany
Brittiany marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Sparrow12
Sparrow12 marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Mindy Bollinger
Mindy Bollinger marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Angela Prudhomme
Angela Prudhomme marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu...more
More about Allie Pleiter...
The Perfect Blend My So Called Love Life Homefront Hero Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1) Bluegrass Blessings (Kentucky Corners #3)