Sno Ho (Sno Ho, #1)

Sno Ho (Sno Ho #1)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,838 ratings  ·  249 reviews
Boone Daniels seems to have trouble finishing things. Along with the half dozen or so novels he's started, only to abandon mid-way through, his love life could be best described as a series of drive-bys.

Boone has spent the past week staying at a ski lodge in the tiny mountain town of Summit City. He's been using his time alone to write while waiting for his boyfriend to j...more
Published October 26th 2010 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Sno Ho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sno Ho

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxSno Ho by Ethan DayTigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
4th out of 362 books — 877 voters
Muscling Through by J.L. MerrowSno Ho by Ethan DayClear Water by Amy LaneOne of Those Days by Zathyn PriestCaught Running by Madeleine Urban
Best Gay Light-Hearted Romance
2nd out of 204 books — 280 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Welcome to what happens to Heather when she doesn't read a blurb fully before starting a book, version 2.0! When I saw the title to this book, I thought, "Wow, I love multicultural books! Clearly this is about an Asian guy skiing! His last name must be Ho. Sounds great!" Color me confused when no Asian guy made an appearance in this book...

description

I expected to be crazy about this book because I looove a funny book. However, though I kind of chuckled along, I didn't find this to be laugh out loud funny...more
Heather C
Jul 09, 2012 Heather C rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heather C by: Heather S
I started reading this book just to kill a little bit of time today, but once I started it I did not stop reading it until I was finished. Boone and Wade were awesome together. I loved how Boone talked fast and couldn't shut up when he was anxious and he always said exactly what was on his mind. And Wade, *sigh*, what can I say about Wade? He's absolutely perfect! An athletic, tall, muscular, romantic "wall-man"...and completely smitten with Boone.

This was a cute, funny story with lots of "LOL"...more
Vilda
Rating: Between 2,5 - 3 stars

I can't really put my finger on it, but something about Sno Ho was a bit disappointing. I guess it didn't really live up to my expectations; I just wish I could pinpoint what exactly I was expecting in the first place. I guess though, that I at least wanted to like the main characters a bit more than I did. I had some issues with both of them at first, but even after warming up to them, Boone and his reactions to some things still annoyed me a bit.

However, it wasn't...more
Heller
This had me laughing. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Expecting a romantic getaway with his boyfriend Boone instead gets dumped over the phone and left to holiday alone in picturesque Summit City, a skier's haven. He meets the town's golden boy Wade and they start a blazing holiday romance, will it lead to something more? Stay tuned! I'm heading off right now to find out. :D

Recommended if you like a snarky, hilarious narrator and lots and lots of smoking hot sex. This is worth it for just chapter o...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
i laugh so hard it hurts  tehehehe

I loved this one. It was so hilarious! At first there's not much funny to it but then it turns into just nonstop funniness. I loved it ^_^

Ahh, Boone such a funny guy in that dry, sarcastic always-have-to-make-a-joke type of way. And even though he was sent to the mountains by his boyfriend and then dumped he still found some situations funny. Of course, that was only after a night of drunken sex with a stranger but eh, it was bound to happen, right? Lol. Wade was so cute and always tried to get...more
~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~
Ah, well, I was clearly in the minority on this one. The narrator and MC, Boone, bugged the bejesus out of me. He was sarcastic and snarky to a fault, and his motor mouth...dear lord...just shut the fuck up already, Boone, before I ducktape your mouth.

I didn't find Wade, the other MC, a particularly sympathetic character at the beginning, although he grew on me.

The comedy here was too campy for my tastes. I didn't find the book even remotely funny, and the interactions between the MCs felt ten...more
MiʂħүJѻ
Upon the counsel of good friends, DNF at 32%.
Life is too short to read books you don't enjoy.

But one more ski hottie just cuz.

Monika
Boone... what an adorable, sweet, funny, crazy, snarky character. I loved him. He did have me almost rolling on the floor with laughter. What came out of that boy’s mouth, I want to say when he wasn’t thinking, but I can’t that boy never stopped thinking, he had me shaking my head with a big smile on my face, but at the same time wishing I knew someone like him.

Wade...so opposite from Boone, maybe that’s why they worked so well together. Him I just wanted to hug, like Deeze said “a big teddy bea...more
Alvin John
Mar 20, 2014 Alvin John rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: looking for a fun M/M read
Shelves: light
A VERY FUN READ!

I really liked it! It's one of those feel good books. It's funny, has a great storyline, great characters (I loved Boone and Wade!)...

Boone & Wade

...and hot whirlwind romance.

The only thing I didn't like on it was the (view spoiler)
REVIEWER'S NOTE:(view spoiler)

I would recommend this to M/M Rom...more
Bookwatcher
Mar 27, 2011 Bookwatcher rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Amazing book! It's so romantic and funny!!!

I love both main characters!
Boone, the only narrator,with his incredible funny thoughts made this book so pleasant!
"I settled on my lowest of low rise jeans and a red plaid cowboy shirt with pearly white snap buttons. It was several years old, but hadn't been worn that much. I'd purchased it before my trip to the gay rodeo with a bunch of friends many moons ago. Many horses had been saved that weekend as many cowboys had been ridden."

Wade with his fr...more
Emma Sea
Um, not sure about this. Parts of the book I really liked, but the humor falls flat for me. I think Day's trying to be 'wacky', and wacky leaves me cold. Also I wasn't completely comfortable with the beginning of the MC's romance. I never believe the whole 'I hate you so much I'm going to have sex with you just to show you what you're missing out on' scenario.

I did like Wade's sister: I'd share a martini with her any time. I liked the MCs individually. I'd like their ship if they could leave and...more
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Boone Daniels thinks he is going to meet his BF at Summit City to celebrate their one-year anniversary in the ski resort where they met. Instead, his BF dumps him over the phone. The (now ex) BF has paid for the cabin and ski lessons for the week for Boone's enjoyment. Boone drowns his sorrows in a town bar and winds up in bed with hunky Wade Walker. Wade is the golden boy of Summit City and works as a ski instructor. Sno Ho is their story of getting to know each other over the holidays...more
Sara
Oct 28, 2012 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
This was a great surprise, I had it in my TBR pile for a while and was expecting a bit of fluff, a nice quick read.
It was a very nice quick read, however it wasn't regular fluff. IT WAS BLOODY HILARIOUS! I love Boone, at first I worried he might be a bit too camp
for my taste but no, he's just the funniest MC I've come across in my life. I laughed out loud on virtually every second page. It was amazing to find a book
with two awesome MC's, humor and witty remarks coming out of the wazoo AND sex s...more
Deeze
This is a perfect pick me up read. Boone is a real guy with a real talent for saying what he's thinking. I loved everything that came out of his mouth be it cute funny or just plain corny.

Wade is a big teddy bear. I loved how he could wind Boone up then watch as Boone went off.

While I wasn't rolling on the floor with laughter, I was chuckling most of the way through.

For me this is a perfect feel good book. But for those wanting definite closure you will need to read book 2 as this ends rather...more
Kaje Harper
This is one of the best light-hearted M/M romances I have read. Boone, the narrator, is sweet and funny and completely over the top in a very appealing way. Wade, the hometown boy he sleeps with and then falls for, is his perfect foil, and the small-town setting adds to the humor. There is enough emotion in here to give it the occasional poignant moment and give the story a little depth. The next book just moved to the top of my list.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 09, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Heather C
Shelves: ebook, mm
Very cute, very funny and sweet with a side of smexy. Boone is hilarious, and Wade is no slouch either. Even when Wade is surprised by what Boone says, he is able to step right up with a funny comeback. They make a great couple both in bed and out. This moves quickly and leaves you hanging just a little, so I'm off to read book 2.
Elizabeth H.
Before I start with why my opinion of this novella differs from the majority, I'll come clean and say that I do fully intend to buy the sequel.

Sno Ho drove me crazy. There's a kernel of a good story in there, but sometimes it was hard to see as it disappeared under an avalanche. What was that avalanche made of?

First and foremost, this story desperately needed an editor for punctuation and sentence construction. Hey, I'm not a grammar ho. I can definitely enjoy a good story poorly presented if t...more
Olwes
May 07, 2011 Olwes rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
the very beginning (Boone waking up with the hangover) was great and really well written. unfortunately, things went so rapidly downhill from there, it seems like the rest was written by a different author.
Boone is such an annoying character once he opens his mouth! I don't want to identify with him. and that makes reading a book written in 1st person not exactly enjoyable.

I finished it though, hoping things would improve. they didn't.

what makes me absolutely angry is that this is something I...more
Lauraadriana
This book was AWESOME...I actually felt guilty reading it since I got it as freebie (thanks to my GR buddy)I was loving it so much.

I was actually barking with laughter, I loved the sense of humor, the flirtiness and it was beyond sweet. I so was rooting for Boone and Wade. I loved the crazy small town peeps all over Wade's love life and Wade being this amazing athlete who was openly gay. Okay I just LOVED this book and wish I had a best friend just like Boone...I got the sequel right after I fin...more
Tami (synchro from BL)
3,5 stars, rounded 4. A nice, little story about an aspiring writer who gets dumped in the middle of a winter holiday in the mountain and falls for the ski instructor/sexy giant. The beginning was very funny and the banter and ramblings of the 1st person narrator (the writer) were very entertaining. Although rather short it was NOT insta-love - very much appreciated! It was a lighthearted little romance with a lot of humor.
Christina

3.5 Stars rounding up.

I had lots of laughs with this one and I can't wait to continue. The romance moved a little fast but Boone cracked me up. Wade turned out to be a sweetheart of a guy and I absolutely loved his sister!

This was a light and happy read!
Mandi
OMG, I loooooved this! 5 star read and just bought 'Life In Fusion' so I can read more about these two!

Best line (out of many); Boone screaming "Harbinger of love-death!" I literally snorted out some soda.

Can't recommend this enough. :)
Catherine
A charming short story that had tonnes of laughs, throw-me-up-against-a-wall-you-Olympic-sex-god sex, and some surprisingly sweet moments. What's not to like?!
Snowtulip
The other night I desperately needed a comfort read, I was a little surprised (only mildly) that I turned to Sno Ho for the comfort read because this is my first m/m re-read. To me, this means Sno Ho is forever snuggled into a little peace of my heart and thankfully it's on my kindle, so I can always take it with me. The reasons I love this book and anticipate continuing going to it when I'm down in the dumps:
1) Humor- I love to laugh with this book. Boone and Wade crack me up, simple as that. B...more
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Lauren
This book was amazing! I loved every single page! I kinda wish I'd read it sooner though - I read At Piper's Point about a year ago and swore I'd read more by Ethan Day after, and then for some stupid reason I never did. And I'm totally kicking myself for that now.

Sno Ho was fabulous and perfectly written. It's EXACTLY my kind of story and I was hooked from the start. It put a huge smile on my face and honestly just brightened my day - what more can you ask for? I also fell madly in love with Bo...more
Ami
Off topic, I must admit that in general, I don't find TV comedies (both American or UK) funny. Strangely, I find that I can laugh a lot more when watching drama/crime shows. Maybe I have a different type of humor. So, even if I find some of the scenes here as funny, and snicker at some of Boone's motor-mouth talks, in general, I don't find this as hilarious or laughing myself outloud or giggling like crazy *shrugs*.

Having said that, I do admit that Boone is a hoot -- man, the things coming out o...more
Tina
Lily
Fabulously funny but with enough emotional depth to really hook me. I really loved both Boone and Wade and despite a very abrupt ending this story is a great read. Make sure you have the sequel, Life in Fusion, before starting this one. Oh, and be ready to laugh because Boone will crack you up. Definitely recommended.
  • One of Those Days
  • Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
  • Dance With Me
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Clear Water
  • Out in the Field
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Tigerland  (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Muscling Through
  • Resistance
  • Take My Picture
  • Tell Me It's Real
  • American Love Songs
  • Crossing Borders (Crossing Borders, #1)
  • Our December (The Making of a Man #1)
  • Caught Running
  • The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
Welcome to Ethan Day's Goodreads Profile. I write mainly contemporary GLBT Romance Novels, but who knows what the future might bring and what other genres I may dive into.

Hopefully, you’ll find my books to be sexy as well as fun. Sex and romance, should be fun! If it isn’t, then perhaps you’re not doing it right.

I hope you love my characters as much as I do. With any luck they’ll inspire you the...more
More about Ethan Day...
As You Are Life in Fusion (Sno Ho, #2) At Piper's Point Anything for You (A Middleton Romance #1) Self Preservation

“I tore off another chuck of muffin and stared down at my chest. I shrugged and dabbed the muffin in the cum and popped it in my mouth. "I can't believe you just did that!" "Yeah," I snarled up my lip, "didn't quite think that one through all the way.” 7 likes
“Not with a mother like mine.” I let out a sigh. “I can hear her right now. ‘Boone, do you have to kiss like such a slut? Good Christ, if your tongue goes any farther down his throat you’ll be able to tell what the man had for breakfast. Do it like they did in those old-time movies…classy…not like a sailor on leave.” 6 likes