Start by marking “The Company Articles of Edward Teach/The Angaelien Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
The Company Articles of Edward Teach/The Angaelien Apocalypse

The Company Articles of Edward Teach/The Angaelien Apocalypse

Two novelettes – published in tête-bêche format form the second Twelfth Planet Press Double.

Cover Art by Dion Hamill and Cover Design by Amanda Rainey.

The Company Articles of Edward Teach – Learning to live inside your own skin is hard enough, but what if you were thrown back in time, to another body; a different world…?I was dead and now I’m alive, a stolen soul from a di
Published November 2010 by Twelfth Planet Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Company Articles of Edward Teach/The Angaelien Apocalypse

Terri
Nov 21, 2011 Terri rated it really liked it
The Company Articles of Edward Teach

In The Company Articles of Edward Teach, Dyer takes the body swapping trope in a different direction. While it is about wish fulfilment, it isn't jealousy and misunderstanding of another's life. Rather it is about two teens, wishing they were anyone else. Both raised in orthodox families - Layla, a Muslim, resenting the dominance of her father, the control others have over her life. Avi, Jewish, and railing against the future his mother has mapped out for him.
Anna Hepworth
Dec 10, 2014 Anna Hepworth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I loved the Dyer story, but not the Chrulew. While the Dyer made me want to just keep reading, and I was fascinated by the world and the story, the other just depressed me, and took me a very long time to finish.
Tsana Dolichva
Jun 13, 2013 Tsana Dolichva rated it really liked it
This book is a novella double from Twelfth Planet Press, printed so that the "front" cover has cover art for one novella and when you flip it over the "back" cover forms the front cover for the other novella.

~

The Company Articles of Edward Teach by Thoraiya Dyer is the first novella I read of the two. I've made no secret of admiring Dyer's work in the past, and this is no exception.

The story is about two disaffected teenagers, both of whom have zero desire to follow the paths their parents have
Jenny
May 03, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: spec-fiction, 2011
One book, two stories. The first, for which the book is named, concerns two teens, unknown to each other, who are transported from a fancy dress shop back to the time of Blackbeard. Whether they can make it back to the future remains to be seen. While pirate stories aren't my thing, I did enjoy this. It's tight and well-written.

The second story, the reason I bought this book: Angaelien Apocolypse, turned out to be somewhat less impressive. Although confusing, it started well. The little grey guy
A. Dawes
May 18, 2016 A. Dawes rated it liked it
3.5* All up.

Two vastly different novellas.

4.0* Dyer's starts off some like modern West Side story with two adolescents from different backgrounds trying on costumes. Only then they find themselves on Blackbeard the Pirate's ship with whole new identities. The pair struggle to maintain a sense of their original selves as they are embroiled in action on the high seas.

The pirate part fantastic, as a reader you're sucked into another world and Dyer succeeds in creating a fast paced, atmospheric st
Stuart Hargreaves
Mar 14, 2011 Stuart Hargreaves rated it liked it
I have never read many Sci Fi or fantasy books which I class these in . In a way I enjoyed the company of Articles of Edward Teach, it was slow to get in to but once the action with blackbeard started then , yes it was interesting. As per normal I did not guess the ending. This was a short story which possibily could have stretched a bit longer. the Angaelian Apocalypse was a different kettle of fish. I did not enjoy it , I would imagine any one interested in UFO'S, space travel and aliens would ...more
Richard Harrison
Apr 28, 2011 Richard Harrison rated it it was amazing
Edward Teach

Thoraiya Dyer wastes no time throwing you into the action and the minds of her characters. A fast-paced story that will keep you guessing until the very end. So far she has only published short stories but I hope some editor will let her show us what she can do with a full length novel.

Angaelien Apocalypse

Also a fun read and completely different than the first story. It is a lot of story crammed into a few pages.

Spoiler: It involves aeliens
Craig
Dec 06, 2014 Craig rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading the Company Articles of Edward Teach - now call me a sucker for a good time and space travelling story that involves real life pirates rather than their Disney counterparts, and fantasy riven with real realism (as opposed to try-hard realism) and an ending that doesn't cop out - but I loved this story. It did everything a fantasy story should do to float my boat - or frigate - or schooner - you know.
Melanie
Jan 12, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it
I am yet to read the other side, but "The Company Articles of Edward Teach" is fast, actioned packed drama. I couldn't put it down until I had finished reading story!!
Lynne
First thing I've read by this author, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Pirates and some gender bending, very neatly rendered.
Mon
Oct 10, 2012 Mon rated it it was ok
**Thanks to Twelfth Planet Press and Goodreads for my first, hopefully not the only First Reads book**

Review coming soon
Tansy Roberts
Tansy Roberts rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2011
Anthony Panegyres
Anthony Panegyres rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Eva Eldridge
Eva Eldridge rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Peter Ball
Peter Ball rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Betsy
Betsy rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Jenny Blackford
Jenny Blackford rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Ian
Ian rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2011
Miffy
Miffy rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Mick
Mick rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Trent Jamieson
Trent Jamieson rated it really liked it
May 03, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
May 10, 2011
Dave Versace
Dave Versace rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Melissa Freeman
Melissa Freeman rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Kaia Landelius
Kaia Landelius rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Helen Merrick
Helen Merrick rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2011
Ian Mond
Ian Mond rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016