Start by marking “Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)

Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Small-town reporter Peter Fontaine has a cherry job, a hunky artist boyfriend, and an insatiable lust for rooting out the truth. In this third installment of the Bellingham Mysteries, he and Nick must try to recover a stolen statue in time to host their big Halloween party.

The catch? The statue was created by Nick’s ex lover and to find the culprit, Peter must first delve
ebook, 1st Edition, 87 pages
Published October 2010 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Black Cat Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Cat Ink

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxThe Dark Tide by Josh LanyonZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleDeath of a Pirate King by Josh LanyonAdrien English Mysteries by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Mystery
176th out of 530 books — 485 voters
Fish & Chips by Abigail RouxDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsRegularly Scheduled Life by K.A. MitchellSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay "Established Relationships" Romance
222nd out of 282 books — 181 voters

More lists with this book...

Tam
I enjoyed the this third in the series, although the mystery is less critical, a stolen statue and someone attacking black cats, no one being murdered here. A few times I found myself laughing out loud at Peter's forward statements. He just leaps right in, although his insatiable curiousity would make me crazy. He has to know everything, all the time and Nick more or less just sighs and goes along with it. You find out a bit more about Nick's relationship with his dead lover, the kitten is adora ...more
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
5 Stars

Love. This. Series. ♥♥
This is probably my favourite of the series so far because we learn more about Nick and we get to see the relationship between Nick and Peter getting even deeper and stronger.

Peter continues to crack me up with his inner "typing" of everything and that point where he realised that if he went into the house, Nick would follow and he honestly didn't want to risk Nick getting hurt. That was huge, for me.

As for the kitten.... well last book had Peter and Nick shaving
Anke
Very nice, engaging and funny read. Although the 'mystery' wasn't really there, the relationship was there all the more.
Edina Rose

This book is refreshing, witty and funny. I should precise I read it as a standalone.

I liked it a lot. It made me think a bit of Ethan Day writing and characters. It is light, witty, funny, sarcastic, the characters, especially Peter's character is amazing.

Peter is the kind of guy curiosity will kill one day. He can't help himself. It is endearing... as long as you are not the one he is squeezing for information! He is also, as a journalist, witty, very imaginative and sarcastic. He is
Ulysses Dietz
Here we are in year three of the Nick and Peter saga. And it's good.

The title-related theme is black - and not just black cats, but ink-dark shadows - things about Nick that Peter didn't know and, frankly, hasn't wanted to ask. But Peter has some unspoken feelings of his own, as he jockeys with Walter deKamp's psychic ghost and tries to find a way to live in the dead artist's house. The house becomes the symbol of the power of the past in their relationship.

Oddly enough, it's another piece of
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This series is still a lot of fun. Great writing and light humor are a trademark of the author. This story introduces a lot of elements and during the plot they all come together in a surreal way. Peter and Nick have been together for some time, but they still have something to work out and things to discover about their lover. Peter has finally told Nick what's making his uncomfortable in their relationship, but he has also shown that he can have something special which is only theirs, making h ...more
Kade Boehme
Hm for it to make such a big deal out of Nick perhaps finally opening up about his past I don't feel like we got much info other than the one that was an easy way to explain that nicks decades long relationship wasn't as it seemed. Idk.
Katharina
Oi, Peter, Peter, Peter. How much do you ever strike my fancy. And Nick. Yeah, you too.

That being said, this story was a bit slower for me than the first two installments and while I enjoyed it thoroughly (primarily because of the two factors mentioned above), it just didn't leave me giggling and beaming as much as the other two. It was interesting to delve into Nick's background, though, and it definitely helped me to understand his character better. The mystery part was again not the most imp
Meraehl
This was a sweet and amusing story. Nice to have more Nick and Peter and see them become more domestic. I really enjoyed the skillfully written moments of connection between Nick and Peter which were very charming. Conflict - Peter's insecurity regarding Nick's previous husband - was touched on, but not wallowed in. So there seemed to be less conflict than previous books, and more slapstick comedy. A briskly paced, fun, enjoyable story.
KC
Jun 05, 2013 KC rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery, m-m
I enjoyed this 3rd installment best so far - learning more about Nick, watching Peter mature and debate and compose articles, it was serious and funny and sweet. Love this series! I really enjoy the good balance between mystery plot, slowly discovering things about the protags, the sweetness, and the humor.
Kassa

Black Cat Ink is the third book in the Bellingham Mysteries involving intrepid reporter Peter Fontaine and his artist boyfriend Nick. This serves as a fun, entertaining story for fans to revisit good characters without needing to read the previous books. You certainly can and most likely would appreciate Peter and his almost pathological curiosity more if you’ve read all books in order, but it’s not strictly necessary. Instead this cool fall novella fits perfectly with the weather for
Akansha
4.25

I really loved this book. I haven't read the two books preceding this but could read this one without being stymied by references from them, so suffice it to say that this can be read as a standalone.

The book's written from Peter's POV. Peter is an intrepid reporter for an independent newspaper whose insatiable and unrepentant fix for the latest scoop always lands him in the thick of mysteries. Peter also has an unusual habit of forming articles in his head to stave off boredom and anxiety
Kathleen
It had its moments of humor, clarity, and emotional connection, but really wasn't particularly memorable. Yeah, I'm going to read the next one...
Maggie
Rating 4.5

I really enjoyed this 3rd book in the Bellingham Mystery series. It was a pleasure to see Peter and Nick settled in together in a long-term relationship. Loved that we got to see more of Nick’s past. He opens up in this book and it is easier to understand how his past has shaped who he is now. Again, the humor was present throughout the story and I actually laughed out loud a few times. As the mystery twisted and turned, it kept me pulled into the story and quickly turning the pages to
Meggie
This third part in "Bellingham Mystery" was enjoyable continuance of Peter and Nick daily life in their small city. Peter was as always full of curious energy, pulling thoughts and high intelligence. I liked this part, it was fresh and funny.
Snowtulip
I continue to absolutely love Peter...actually I think I love him more and more with each book. This is one of those stories that I know I will pull out in the future when I need to put a real smile on my face.
Sherry
I read all 3 of them today and enjoyed them immensely. They're light-hearted and not overly convoluted or angsty. Good plots that engaged me immediately and I hope she has more stories for Peter and Nick (and Gigi!)
clear skies
The author needs to quit writing the internal monologue because it's not good. I like the characters, but the writing is pretty substandard and the plot is flimsy at best.
Diana
Another great little mystery story. I really enjoy Peter and Nicks' relationship. They don't have much baggage and really respect and care for each other. This is a fun series.
Teresa
Hilarious and entertaining. I loved GiGi and Miranda. The crime wasn't horrendously tragic but the solving was fast paced and unpredictable. I am loving this series.
Chris
3.5 stars. Good m/m romantic suspense in which our artist and investigative reporter search for a stolen penis statue and acquire a black kitten.
Evamaria

Funny, witty and sweet. Nick and Peter are a wonderful couple. I like this series a lot.
Danielle
This series was disappointing, given how much I enjoyed Turnskin & Happy Snak by the same author.
Lady*M

I'm enjoying every sequel more than the last.
Stephanie
Loved it!!
1st read 6/24/12
2nd read 4/6/14
Grandmat
Funny, subtle one-liners.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Sort of Stranger than Fiction (Petit Morts #7)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1)
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)

Bellingham Mysteries (5 books)
  • Primal Red (Bellingham Mysteries, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2)
  • One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries, #4)
  • Birds of a Feather (Bellingham Mysteries, #5)
Irregulars Primal Red (Bellingham Mysteries, #1) Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2) Turnskin Ghost Star Night (Sea of Stars, #1)