Start by marking “Flocons D'Amour” as Want to Read:
Flocons D'Amour

Flocons D'Amour

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  73,437 Ratings  ·  7,508 Reviews
24 décembre. Nuit des miracles ? Ou des catastrophes ? Une terrible tempête, un train bloqué dans la neige. Gracetown : tous les voyageurs descendent ! Gracetown… Bourgade perdue au milieu de nulle part qui vous ferait presque regretter le traditionnel et soporifique repas de Noël. Pourtant Jed, Jubilé, et les autres vont partager le réveillon le plus insolite de leur vie. ...more
Paperback, Edition 3, 352 pages
Published November 2014 by Hachette Romans (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Flocons D'Amour, please sign up.

Clarissa I don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories…moreI don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories together. He's in each story so you get this familiar feeling when we see him. (less)
Petra Miocic I've read only Green's part for now and yes, his characters are, surprisingly, teenagers. Just kidding, of course, but what surprises is the fact that…moreI've read only Green's part for now and yes, his characters are, surprisingly, teenagers. Just kidding, of course, but what surprises is the fact that none of his teenagers died, was born with strange personality or whatsoever and I still got to have so much fun while going with them on this snowy Christmas adventure. (less)

Shelley
Dec 15, 2008 Shelley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth, christmas
It started off strong and got progressively weaker. Maureen Johnson was fun, John Green all right and Lauren Myracle dismal.

Maureen Johnson's story was super quirky and giggly and slightly ridiculous (in a good way). I liked Jubilee a lot, crazy as she was, and was amused to see a lot of my mother in Stuart's. It was just cheery, fun Christmas fluff.

John Green's kind of drove me nuts. I wanted to like it more, but I guess I am not that adventurous, because I kept thinking that the characters wer
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 18, 2011 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Re-read in December 2015
*3.5/5*
I still really enjoyed this, but just not quite as much as the first time around. However, I am really glad that I read it again because it got me in the holiday spirit! Also, in finishing this book, I completed the Popsugar 2015 reading challenge! FUN FUN FUN

First read in December 2012

AHHHHH SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND WONDERFUL. AHH. My favorite story was definitely the second one, John's, BUT I LOVED THEM ALL.
Ariel
Jan 07, 2016 Ariel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been meaning to read this for FOREVER and I'm glad I finally did. It's the depths of winter here in Canada so the snowy theme came at the perfect time. While I enjoyed it and found the stories generally exciting enough to keep reading, I didn't fall in love with any characters, any settings, any stories. Here's my review of it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/4375745!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Well that was stinkin' adorable
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Nov 22, 2015 Carol [Goodreads Addict] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
Let it Snow is an anthology of three short stories, all tied together by a thread, written by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle. This book was a gift from a dear friend.

train gif

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson

holiday village display:

It’s Christmas Eve and Jubilee Dougal can’t wait to attend the Christmas Party at her boyfriend, Noah’s house. Her perfect boyfriend, her busy boyfriend. There are certain concessions one must make to date the perfect guy, right? She should just be happy to be his girlfriend. Bu
Janina
This is the perfect book to curl up with when it’s cold and snowing outside. It is one of those reads that just makes you want to snuggle up on your couch, a hot cocoa or tea in hand and enjoy the winterly atmosphere. In fact, the only thing missing for my perfect reading experience was the fireplace ;).

I don’t want to give too much away about the stories themselves because I think it is best to go into this book unprepared and let yourself be surprised. I liked all three stories, but The Jubile
Elina Zalkalne
Sigh. Half of me wants to scream WORST BOOK EVER. UGH. BLEHH. MNEHH. AAARGHHH MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING. The other half is thinking: John Green, you absolute motherfucking genius. You managed to salvage this utter arse-crap. Well. Fucking. Done.
As much as I hate chick-lit [and this is beyond chick-lit. it's like 300 pages of mushy, smoochy, splodge of chick-lit paradise], I read this because...oh fuck it, it's Xmas. I could barely get through the first of the 3 stories. It killed my brain cells, I sw
Pragya
Dec 30, 2016 Pragya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: somebody who wishes to die a horrible, painful death
Recommended to Pragya by: my inner john green fangirl
Here's five reasons why Let it Snow is sentenced to a one star rating.

But first, it must be acknowledged that I did not suffer this re-read alone but was assisted by the traitor,

Offence #1: Self deprecating main character

I'm not saying everybody has to be confident and perfect all the time. No, I'm saying a well written character should have a personality that extends further than feeling sorry for your name all the time. The first story starts with about three paragraphs of rambling about h
Cait (Paper Fury)
Oh a cute fluffy romance about snow and Christmas.
description
I read it because I LOVE John Green...and I'm not sad I read it...but I'm definitely underwhelmed. It's 3 short stories, but they still all connect. So it's like ONE book but in 3 parts with 3 POV.

STORY 1: The Jubilee Express narrated by Jubilee (author Maureen Johnson)
This is my FAVOURITE. It's definitely 4-star worthy. I loved how cute and witty and wonderful Jubilee was. Her voice is fantastic and I'm 100% sold on Maureen Johnson's writing (
Gabriela Silva
Nov 08, 2015 Gabriela Silva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I may have been a complete lunatic, but I was a complete lunatic with manners.”

It was a lot of fun! Liked the character development. I just expected a little more, but I still enjoyed this.
Abby *Hates Dust Jackets*
If sweet and adorable got together and had a baby around Christmastime, it would be this book. I cheated on another holiday themed short story collection to read this one. No regrets. The three not-so-short stories in this book are loosely interconnected. In the first one, Jubilee is shocked to learn that her parents have been arrested in a black friday type shopping riot and that she's being shipped off to her grandparents' for Christmas. Her train gets stuck in a snow storm on route, and so sh ...more
Kassidy
Dec 15, 2013 Kassidy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is so super cute!!!
I love all of the stories and it's great how they all come together in the end!! Such a perfect Christmas book :D
nicole
Aug 05, 2008 nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, holiday, romantical
Pretty much what you'd expect. Light, fun, festive. Had the feel of an ABC Family made-for-tv holiday special (which I love!), but funnier. And quirkier. Because John Green and Maureen Johnson are funny and quirky and their styles and characters fit together so naturally. While I like Myracle just fine, she feels like the third wheel in this collection of interconnected stories and leaving her to pen the final story and tie everything together was Let It Snow's major flaw. It was nice to see all ...more
мαүғℓσωεя

OUR LAST Buddy Read (5/5) for 2016 and my very first reread with, Praya ♡♡♡ i'm sorry, please still be my friend

Aaaaaaand, this is my 230th book of the year!!!

I’ve finally reached my second goal!!!! So that means I get to take a break from reading for the rest of the year (this is a lie)

See you in 2017!!! ♡♡♡♡

description

I’ve always been extremely hesitant to reread books for one very obvious reason; right now, all my fears and worries have come true.

A book that I once thought was adorable, c
May
Oct 25, 2015 May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
LOS RELATOS NO SON LO MÍO. PERO MAUREEN JOHNSON ME HA CONQUISTADO.
¿JOHN GREEN? pf...

Noches blancas es la nueva obra de John Green en español. Son tres relatos que se desarrollan en Navidad, escritos por tres autorxs diferentes y que tienen algo en común. Uno de lxs autorxs es el conocidísimo y famosísimo John Green, razón por la que quise leerlos, y las otras dos autoras son Mauren Johnson, quien también es conocida y tiene una larga carrera en el mundo de las letras; y Lauren Myracle, de la q
Andrew (BritBookBoy)
Very cute. The first story was definitely my favourite!
Cait • A Page with a View
I really loved how these 3 winter short stories were all connected! They take place in the same town in a snowstorm and all of the characters come together in some way. Here's the actual breakdown:

First part: 4.5 stars -- pretty cute and easily my favorite. The characters were believable and it set everything up really well! The stories start with a train being stopped on the tracks in a snowstorm, so a lot of the book's characters hop off and head over to a diner in the nearby town.

Second part
dyanne
This book, even though it is categorized as one book (singular) it should really be categorized as three books (plural) because although the stories within the book are interrelated, the writing-style and general plot of each story is unique and each could stand on its own. It only seems fitting to write three mini-reviews.
Note: the review may get rather long and unwieldy. I apologize in advance.
Section 1:
The Jubilee Express

Just a little taste of chapter one beforehand…
..my name is Jub
oliviasbooks
(ca. 2009/03/23:) Three snowy stories by different authors melted into a satisfying whole. Yes, I think, I like it! I have finished the first story "Jubilee Line" by Maureen Johnson (great style, by the way. Funny, a little crazy, a little romantic.) and started the second one, "Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" by John Green. After a few pages I thought: "Wait, another Waffle House in the middle of nowhere? These guys know a heartbroken boy named Stuart Weintraub? Ha, this is the protagonist from ...more
Kate ♡
Dec 05, 2014 Kate ♡ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
This book was absolutely perfect!
Honestly, one of my favourite books ever, even if it is a Christmas book!
I loved every single story SO much:
The Jubilee express by Maureen Johnson: 5 stars
A Cheertastic Christmas miracle by John Green: 4 stars
The patron saint of pigs by Lauren Myracle: 5 stars

Just pick up this book if you haven't already, it was amazing! I also absolutely loved how all the stories intertwined together at the end, it was so well done!
It made me smile so many times and would be
Andie
Dec 22, 2014 Andie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair, these three stories should be rated separately.
The Jubilee Express 4.5 ⭐'s - A fun and quirky read with very like able characters.
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle 4 ⭐'s - I expected to like John Green's story the best because well, he's John Green! I loved how adventurous this story was but it came off a little forced and the characters annoying at times.
The Patron Saint of Pigs 2 ⭐'s - I found myself mostly skimming through this one because the main character was whiny and self ab
Giulia
3.75 stars.
I'm so busy at the moment that I don't have time to write a proper review.
But I really enjoyed it. It was a light read filled with Christmas-y feels and love. Perfect for the holidays if you ask me, when everyone's so busy they don't have time to actually read.;)

*Review to come!*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's start by saying that I am that person who starts listening to Christmas music in November. As December approaches, I
Kaylin
2 Stars

Overview:

I read this because of John Green. Not even gonna lie.

I was hoping for three, fluffy holiday stories—like the summary promises. Instead this was just three choppy stories.

Pros:

It was cute, like it promised.

I think the main reason I’m giving this two stars is because, in a weird way, the writing wasn’t bad. It was quirky and humorous in all three stories, and I could easily see how all three authors wrote longer, more enjoyable fiction.

Cons:

No one had time to devlop. It fel
Macarena
Oct 14, 2013 Macarena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy bueno, unas historias super tiernas de navidad. La mejor fue la de Maureen Johnson, es la más linda en mi opinión.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los libros.
PD: Leí este libro mientras escuchaba un playlist de canciones de navidad, fue una de las mejores decisiones que tomé :)
Jojo
Dec 26, 2008 Jojo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Looking for Alaska is popular with my students, and I've enjoyed everything I've read by John Green, so I bought this for my classroom library.

The first story was pretty good: girl-meets-boy-in-a-blizzard. The boy was very sweet. I would definitely seek out more of Maureen Johnson's work for my classroom.

The John Green story was familiar: nerdy guy's adventures with his brainy (in this case, Asian) friend and their one-of-the-boys, liable-to-say-anything platonic girl pal.

The last story seemed
Andrei Tamaş
Apogeul obsesiei pentru lectură sau cum am ajuns să citesc poveşti de dragoste din perioada sărbătorilor în luna august (în lipsă de altceva). Citind numai în limba română, asta a fost singura carte pe care am putut-o împrumuta de la o persoană, stabilită în Nisa, care a primit-o cadou de la fiica ei de Crăciun.
Şi, în fapt, a fost destul de drăguţă. De data asta îmi permit să fiu tolerant cu romantismul zorzonat...
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*

"Chest hairs roasting on an open fire/ jack frost biting of your nose/ Yule tide carollers being hung by the choir...." Errm shit, wrong song.
Happy Holidays, my lovelies!!

I don’t normally do any themed reads this time of year (and I am now doing TWO, craziness)... BUT when I saw this anthology on the shelf while gift getting I snatched it up lickity split…. BECAUSE John Green!

Anyways, this is a book comprised of three teen romance novellas (?!) set over the span of three days, Christmas Eve t
Maxi (slothreads)
Oct 11, 2013 Maxi (slothreads) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
*3.3 stars*

On Feb. 6th it snowed like crazy where I live so I was in need of something snow themed to read. Let Is Snow contains three short stories that are linked together. My Christmas spirit is gone by now but overall I really enjoyed this book.

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson; *3 stars*.
The first story was okay, even though I didn't like the kind of insta-love thing that was going on I still enjoyed it.
When I finished it I was like: "...so?", it was cute and I liked the writing style
~Tina~
Dec 04, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I don't read much anthology since short stories are just well, short, and I find it hard to connect with the characters. That all seemed to change once I finished this book.
I Absolutely loved it!

Let it Snow is about three couples. Three stories. Written by three authors. Each story is semi-connected to the other, giving us a full picture of the events of these characters night and the Christmas miracle that graced there lives.

The first story is by Maureen Johnson, titled The Jubilee Exp
Carlie K
Feb 07, 2014 Carlie K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

see my more detailed reviews on http://candythebookishgirl.wordpress.com

This book is so good!! It makes you feel the magic of Christmas and gives you all the feels!
My favorite is definitely the story by Maureen Johnson! It's so romantic and lovely! The reason why I gave this book 4.5 stars is because I'm slightly disappointed by John Green's story.
Infatuated by Fic...: Let It Snow 1 11 Dec 01, 2016 09:40AM
Around the Year i...: Let It Snow, by John Green et. al 1 11 Oct 26, 2016 12:37PM
Mrs. Anderson's E...: Romance 1 4 Apr 30, 2016 04:14PM
The Cover Girls B...: January 2015 - Let It Snow 2 3 Apr 19, 2016 05:25AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Let it Snow by Maureen Johnson - Starting March 11 3 8 Feb 16, 2016 07:27PM
  • The War for Banks Island (Zombicorns, #2)
  • Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)
  • My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
  • Every You, Every Me
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • Winter Town
  • What You Wish For: A Book for Darfur
  • Twice Told: Original Stories Inspired by Original Artwork
  • Ex-mas
  • Decked with Holly
  • Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks
  • Into the Wild Nerd Yonder
  • Wanderlove
  • Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Stories About Falling Out of Love by Four Incredible Authors
  • The Disenchantments
  • Mistletoe: Four Holiday Stories

John Green's first novel, Looking for Alaska, won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award presented by the American Library Association. His second novel, An Abundance of Katherines, was a 2007 Michael L. Printz Award Honor Book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. His next novel, Paper Towns, is a New
More about John Green...