Start by marking “Orange Juice and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Orange Juice and Other Stories

Orange Juice and Other Stories

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Nine short stories and very short stories about what it's like.
Paperback, 1, 66 pages
Published October 2010 by Awesome Machine Press

To ask other readers questions about Orange Juice and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orange Juice and Other Stories

Daniel
short, quick stories that are so simply stated to make them cinematic in the way that a cassavetes film slows down reality and allows its characters to live each and every moment in full public view. the emotions seem both strong and weak, which is what makes them so powerful. i liked this book a lot.
Leyla Shams
It’s always slightly uncomfortable when a friend introduces you to his or her ‘creative work,’ something that occurs quite frequently when you’re living in Austin, Texas. I have my own fair share of ‘creative’ friends, and although I’m often genuinely impressed by their creations, over the years I find myself hoping a bit too often that my (often harsh, judgmental) opinion of the friend’s particular work won’t prevent me from saying ‘oh, that’s…awesome’ without at least a scrap of honesty.

I have
Christopher
A selection of very short stories - perhaps just a few 100 words each. The author has an uncanny ability to vividly bring characters and situations alive using a very few carefully chosen words. Recommended.
Jamie Gaughran-Perez
The stories in this one are quick, and certainly aren't swinging for the fences. In today's hyper-sped, hyper-hyped world you have to take a deep breath before you crack open these vignettes of guys (and some gals) who aren't going to change the world. So take a breath, turn off your ringer, and check out "Infinity Gauntlet" or "Driver's License." bonus for me? Reminded me of how glad I am to be beyond my 20s (re the characters in the stories -- i know nothing about Timothy Willis Sanders -- and ...more
Tyler Crumrine
These stories are too short for pretense. The scenarios aren't enviable or pitiful, they just stand on their own. Short vignettes of human life. Still, there's something to be said in their honesty. I'll read these stories again. Partially because they're short and it would be super easy to do. Partially there's a truth to them.
Joseph Young
Form following function, function following form. An uncomortable stuntedness in length, character, feeling. Amidst that stuntedness the stories are hard to like, exactly, though enjoyment in that sense is perhaps beside the point, that point being discomfort. They are good stories and well done.
Deena
Yes! Sanders has honed in on a simple style, with much to read between the lines. Story after story, you realize just how much he has perfected his voice. Modern, humorous, and easy to read - but not for a lack of seasoned emotional content. Just wait for it.
Adam
These are really enriching stories that unfold the more I read and think about them. My favorite is "Driver's License," but my favorites change quickly and all the stories are great.
Merzbau
my favorite story was "You Have a Crush on Kellz", that story alone is worth reading the book
Alb
A bold, fresh voice! I highly recommend these well crafted, entertaining stories.
Brooks
"I want Marcel to tell me if there are heads at the bottom of the river."
Matthew
A beautiful, all-too-brief book.
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
christopher
christopher marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Teemu
Teemu marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Meaghan Perry
Meaghan Perry marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Austin
Austin marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Corkey sinks
Corkey sinks marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014