Start by marking “Seduced by a Highlander” as Want to Read:
Seduced by a Highlander

Seduced by a Highlander (Children of the Mist #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  2,295 ratings  ·  136 reviews
SINS THAT CAN'T BE FORGIVEN

Tristan MacGregor is famed throughout the Highlands as a silver-tonged seducer and an unrepentant rogue. Bold and charming, he's dallied with many women, yet none as mysterious as the lass he steals a kiss from at king's court. Little does he know this beauty is one of his clan's greatest enemies.

PASSION THAT CAN'T BE DENIED

Isobel Fergusson has d
Audio CD, 11 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by a Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by a Highlander

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 Delightful Stars!!

I had so much FUN listening to this delightful book!
I've found myself addicted, almost spellbound, listening to this fantastic narrator bring these wonderfully written books to life.

Seduced by a Highlander is a pretty standard romance trope with nothing particularly unique about its plot of a forbidden love, BUT Paula Quinn has a way of taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary.

I loved getting to know the hero and heroine in this book. Tristan and Isobel were so much
Duchess Nicole
Mar 22, 2013 Duchess Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL Highlander historical romance fans!!!!!!
Everyone who read these fantastical Highlander historical romances has heard of the MacGregor/Campbell feud. Really, of many feuds between those two clans and many others. The MacGregors fancifully referred to themselves as "The Children of the Mist"--> True story. Although this book is really only based on the clan names and few facts, it's fascinating to me whenever I read another Highlander romance, and I always go a-hunting for facts about the families and wars and skirmishes. Scotland in ...more
Jackie
First have to say that this book is an ARC, the MMPB release occurs September 1st 2010 and the book was sent to me by the author for an honest review for which will receive no compensation except the joy of reading Tristan's story over a month before it is on the stands...

In "Ravished By A Highlander" we catch a small glimpse of Tristan MacGregor. In this book, which is the 2nd in "Children Of The Mist" series, we are given the pleasure of reading his life story. This is now without a doubt my f
Catherine
What an absolute sweetie this hero was! Wow! He was just perfect. He was funny and cheerful, and he was determined to win the heroine and end a family feud. He dreamed of living his life by the honor and principles of the knights of old. He lost his way there for a while and stopped making an effort to live up to his own expectations, but after he met the heroine and they began a friendship it quickly kicked back in.

Tristan made the story for me. Everyone else contributed to my enjoyment, of cou
Angelc
Isobel Fergusson met a handsome, charming highlander at the King's court. She knows Tristan is a rogue but that doesn't stop her from flirting and even lets him steal a kiss. But the deal-breaker is when she finds out that the object of her affection is a MacGregor, the son of the man who killed her father. Tristan wants Isobel and her brothers to know that his family is not evil, especially not him. He shows up on their doorstep to prove just that. But Tristan knows in his heart there is a bigg ...more
Vallsykes
3.75 stars for the romance
4 stars for the secondary characters & themes

Though the main characters were lovely, though some secondary characters stole the show at times, though the love story was sooooo sweet(if a bit flowery), this was one of those times that the overarching themes outshined all of the rest.

The themes in this story encompassed redemption, forgiveness, family honor & love, and healing. Tristan Macgregor & Isobel Fergusson are the driving forces of these morals, which
Liv
I found this book to be endearing, lovely, and just plain sweet. Yes, this book is about a highlander's fiery love for a woman (and don't we all love those tales??), but I was really surprised to feel another theme that touched me. And, it's how family cycles of pain can be broken and healed both within a father-son relationship, and within two families whose broken bridges of connection seemed impossible to mend.

Tristan MacGregor, is a casa nova of the first class. He is one of the many, gorge
Katinki
This is for all the MacGregors and Children of the Mist books (there's 6 altogether). On average, I'll say 2.5 stars, some being 2's and a couple of them being 3's.

What I liked:
- They're fun little reads and they made me laugh (intentional or not, I have no clue). The Scottish accents and wording made it rather fun - dinna, canna, nae, aye, wee lass, etc lol
- They're actually not terribly unbelievable from a historical standpoint. I really did like the historical context.
- I like how the boo
Kathleen
I loved the hero in this book. The story was really good and I had many LOL moments as I read.
Christie
4.5/5 Stars

Isobel Fergusson and Tristan MacGregor meet while in England, unaware that they are members of rival families. When last names are disclosed, Isobel is angry she let a MacGregor get close to her. Tristan, who is used to getting any woman he wants, finds his thoughts constantly preoccupied by Isobel even after she tells him he doesn’t have a chance. Being a man who never back down from a challenge he sets out to win her over.

I loved this one even more than the first. I fell victim to
Jenn
I picked this book up at the grocery store, not realizing that it was the second in the series. It would appear that maybe the books in this series aren't related too much, so it's okay, but can I take this time to tell you how much I despise that? I heard Jim Butcher speak about how in the book publishing world, putting "Book number X in the [series name here] Series" is kind of low rent. Even though I don't understand that, you'd think the least they could do is put the series name and the ord ...more
Bookaholics
Seduced by a Highlander
Historical Romance – August 31, 2010
4 Stars

Seduced by a Highlander is the 3rd book in Paula Quinn’s Highlander series about the interesting and troublesome MacGregor clan.

When Tristan is in London at the king’s court he meets a lovely young lady and is immediately enchanted by her. Unfortunately he soon discovers that she is none other than Isobel Fregusson a member of his family’s worst enemies. But he is determined to heal their clans' feud and claim Isobel for his
LynnMarie
Hunter’s Review

From the moment Tristan and Isobel see each other, the sparks fly. There meeting is unforgettable. He is charming; she doesn’t want to be impressed but finds that she is, and even though they don’t know who the other person really is they open up to each other in an unforgettable way.

Then the truth comes out. He is Tristan MacGregor and she is Isobel Fergusson. Although he was only a child, a fight between Tristan and Isobel’s brother, Alex caused Isobel’s father to challenge Tri
Jocelin
I really, really liked this book. I found the story captivating and the characters engaging. This book is telling the love story of Tristan MacGregor and Isobel Fergusson. His quest to win her heart reminded me of Jacob's (Genesis 29:16-30) attempts to win Rachel's hand in marriage. Of course, Tristan didn't have to work for her a total of 14 years to marry her and he didn't have to marry her older sister first; (Isobel didn't have sisters). I really liked Tristan, he stated he became a better m ...more
DaisyGirl
This is the second book in the Children of the Mist series that I've read. Although I like the author's writing style and found the story entertaining, I was once again disappointed in the hero and heroine. I really liked the supporting cast of characters, but the main characters not so much. I have a hard time rooting for a "hero" who is a selfish ingrate. I understand that Tristan loved his Uncle Robert and wished that he were his father and was, therefore, traumatized by his murder. While it ...more
Brittany B.

Better than the first book of this series. Tristan is a great hero, and this book is incredibly heart-warming.

It's a funny, charming love story centered around family and forgiveness. Tristan is a lover not a fighter at heart, making this a unique highlander tale, lacking the bloodlust of other novels in the genre. Very refreshing!!

I had a few issues with the book, but they weren't major. Tristan smiles too much. It's his reaction to everything and may annoy readers. The other issue is the her
Amanda
You know those books you know you should stop reading, but for whatever reason don't? Yeah. Seduced by a Highlander was one of those books for me. By the time I got into this audiobook, I was committed, especially since I wanted another book to add to my 2015 Goodreads challenges (because apparently I am that reader now), and audiobooks are easy.

I can't say I was particularly seduced, though Tristan did have women fall all over him. His being a rogue was shown. And brought up repeatedly by Isobe
Rebecca (everyday reader)
The Ferguson's and the MacGregor's feud is reminiscent of the Hatfield's and the McCoy's. Tristan is a romantic at heart and Isobel is very much the nurturing sort, they are a fine match. I loved the stories of his parents and these are right up there with them. Witty, sweet, compassionate, and passionate read!!
Laura the Highland Hussy
I just can't get into this story. The series hasn't exactly been fantastic, so I'm not going to keep going. It's been over a year that I've been trying to read this book and I just finally give up. It's not holding my interest.
Marielle
When I read reviews after I rated a book it always surprises me how opinions can differ. Personaly I rate a book to reflect how it managed to extract me from daily life. If I cannot put it down, reading makes me late for work, I want to keep on reading when I know I better get some sleep and am not catching myself skipping pages because of some boring writing (mostly inner reflection); that's when I give 5 stars. This was one of those good reads.

I lately read some silly romances and started thin
Keri
Loved this one and thought Tristan was totally yummy! :-) Looking forward to picking up the first book in the series.
1CheekyLass
If someone asked me one word to describe this story? I would yell FORGIVENESS!

Tristen MacGregor is a ROGUE of the highest order—with the look and charm to match. He’s so much more than he allows people to see. He has carried the burden of his uncle’s death and the subsequent events for many years. He doesn’t feel part of his own family, he is an outsider so he adapts this devil may care attitude. It works up until he meets Isobel.

Isobel, Oh Isobel… I love and hate her. She’s a bit rough around
Shan
She has done it again.

I loved this book. It is full of all the things I love in a good romance: a very alpha male and a heroine who knows how and does stand up to him, humor, romance, and hot steamy sex.

What I have come to love about Paula's books(the one's I have read so far) is that you get a really get into plot, before they ever have sex, so the reader is anticipating the love scene as much as the hero and heroine.

What I loved about this book in particular is that she did something that I
Elsie
Aug 17, 2014 Elsie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elsie by: won on blog giveaway
I got this book from a blog giveaway. I have to be honest and say it's been sitting on my bookshelf since last fall because I laughed at the title every time I saw it. I just couldn't see myself actually reading it! Anyway... I finally picked it up and I was pleasantly surprised at what I found...

Instead of being a book packed with steamy sex scenes, as I was expecting, this book was more about righting wrongs, forgiveness and misunderstandings. Tristan is a lovable character - you like him righ
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Don't give up! I did & then I picked it up again! The story gets much better after they leave the castle! Just a warning ahead of time to convince you! I wanted a faster read, and this was so not it!

This is a story about 2 clans & a blood feud. Tristan gets in a fight with Alex & his dad and uncle leave the castle when the other father in a drunken rage calls them. Tristans uncle ends up dead. His mothers brother.

Tristans father in a rage goes after Alex's father & kills him wit
Brenda
Tristian MacGregor blames himself for his uncle's death, fighting with Alex Fergusson brought the wrath Alex' father to their door to exact revenge for the fight, when Tristian's uncle Robert Campbell is killed during the mele it starts a clan feud.
Fast forward ten years Tristian finds himself in England attending court for a new kings coronation where he meets a beautiful young lady whom captivates him to the point of obsession. When he realizes that she is Isobel Fergusson, the daughter of the
Terra
First off, how many times can you say YUMM? That's what you will be saying all through this book that's for certain. Yummy Highlander (yes kilt and all) and a wee spirited Scottish lass make for an intriguing test of patience as all she knows how to do is say NO! Talk about a run for the money here folks, for that's what Isobel gives Tristan. Well that and more. LOL!

Isobel Fergusson is a fiery little lass with a tongue that could take varnish off the wall in seconds. She is second in line of 8 s
Crystal
Yet another great addition to the series. The only things that got me was that many people have the same names/last names and I got confused. It would have been a really great addition to have a family tree!

While there was some historical/political information regarding the kings and uprisings there was very little to no information in the back author's note to say what was real and where she deviated. I like that about the other series I've read.

I was sad that Robert had died without having a
Ninou Nessie
Une petite lecture divertissante et un chouïa moins niaise que son grand frère, bon c'est pas encore ça cela dit hein, rien qui nous fasse grimper aux murs...même pas le "avec les deux mains" nan parce que soit elle a des petites mains soit il doit être fatigué rien qu'en allant aux commodités mdr!!!
milo
DNF @ 25%. Dec 8, 2014. - England 1685 / Adult Historical Romance

Well, I disliked both main characters. Isobel's quite annoying and I think that's enough said. Tristan though, I thought I would come to like him but sadly, I was mistaken. He's ungrateful and the things he said about his clan, his father the Laird, they broke my heart. I mean, how could he? Where's his devotion and loyalty? I'm scared to go on after I read a few reviews so I decided to just stop. Read on your own peril.
Will MacGregor 4 8 Nov 14, 2014 11:10AM
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #2)
  • Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)
  • Highland Master (Scottish Knights Trilogy #1)
Paula Quinn is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of medieval and Scottish historical romance. To date, four of her nine books have garnered a starred review from Publishers Weekly. Her latest, The Seduction of Miss Amelia Bell is the first book in the Highland Heirs series and will be available March 2014. The series features the grown children of the beloved MacGregors from the Children ...more
More about Paula Quinn...

Children of the Mist (5 books)
  • Ravished by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #1)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #5)
Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1) Ravished by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #1) A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2) Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3) Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)