Start by marking “Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a Ufo” as Want to Read:
Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a Ufo

Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a Ufo

Aviation /science writer Don Berliner and nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman, the original civilian investigator of the so-called Roswell incident, have delved into the controversy to find the truth. They sifted through once-classified government documents, interviewed military and civilian witnesses, pieced together evidence, considered alternative theories, and concluded ...more
Published (first published August 1992)

Steve Rochford
Jul 20, 2011 Steve Rochford rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ufology
I have wanted to read Stanton Friedman for years. Some regard him as the patriarch of UFOlogy. I almost met him once. I'd signed up for a "paranormal convention" at LA Convention Center, but it cancelled months before it ran. I was to see his famous presentation "Flying Saucers are real!"

The book itself contains much information. It is debatable if each piece can be recognized as a fact, it really depends on one's own personality. What I believe is remarkably haunting is the presence and cohesiv
David Elkin
Nov 16, 2014 David Elkin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mythos of Roswell has been hashed over for the last 30 years now. Stan is one of the most respected UFO authors in America. His book is a straight forward, no nonsense look at the alleged Crash, the alleged cover up and what it might mean to the human race.

I sometimes find the question of skeptics tiresome as they refuse to believe anything that fogs up their world view.

I don't know what happened but here is some thoughts.

Historically events do not re-occur on a daily basis. It is possible t
Elliott
Nov 22, 2014 Elliott rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is all made up unfortunately, but it's still really fun to read. It seems that after all of the FOI requests made over the years and prying out of DoD documents and so on that the UFO phenomenon was nothing more than a Cold War disinformation plan developed and seeded out to willing listeners as an excellent cover for advanced weaponry. After all what better way to win the war of hearts and minds than to slip information out which would eventually filter its way over to the enemy (the USSR) ...more
Ronwetsel
Apr 03, 2015 Ronwetsel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story told from eyewitness accounts, A good read.
Keith Lovell
Nothing I haven't already heard.
Clayton
Sep 18, 2009 Clayton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for the best book on the Roswell cover-up, this is it. The Roswell story is complicated, complex, circuitous, tangled, and all together maddening; but Don Berliner manages to tell the story in a compelling narrative that builds on recently uncovered documents and first hand accounts. I loved this book and I, um, well, I've read a lot of UFO books.
Ghostleegirl
Nov 29, 2011 Ghostleegirl rated it liked it
I actually really enjoyed reading this book. I have been reading a lot about UFO's and I always enjoy reading Stanton Friedman's view. It was really well written and had a lot of information that I hadn't read previously. I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the subject and especially if you wonder what did happen at Roswell all those years ago.
Blonefuse
Aug 15, 2012 Blonefuse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved it. Well researched, solidly argued case for what really happened in 1947 at Roswell (or more accurately, Corona!). If you're a UFO enthusiast, this book is a must-read...
Read1000books
Jan 03, 2011 Read1000books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unexplained
Friedman is a nuclear physicist. Either he's been exposed to too much radiation or he's on to something. You read it and decide.
Nik
May 23, 2012 Nik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: extraterrestrial
Stanton Friedman is no arm chair researcher. Once again he did a great job of thoroughly investigating the roswell related ufo crash.
Louis Menenberg
Louis Menenberg rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Spootsy
Spootsy marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Nigel Woollsey
Nigel Woollsey rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Rosie Stoyanova
Rosie Stoyanova marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Dan Proctor
Dan Proctor rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Ryan Byrne
Ryan Byrne marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Sven Katkosilt
Sven Katkosilt marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Lisa Norris
Lisa Norris marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Giorgio
Giorgio rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Douwe Bosga
Douwe Bosga rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Timbo61
Timbo61 marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Steve Wehba
Steve Wehba rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Jeremy Maddux
Jeremy Maddux marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Jack
Jack added it
Jun 29, 2016
Steve Parcell
Steve Parcell marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • UFOs and the National Security State 1: Chronology of a Coverup 1941-73