Start by marking “Love's Encore” as Want to Read:
Love's Encore

Love's Encore

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  1,436 ratings  ·  67 reviews
In one reckless night, Camille Jameson’s life was changed forever: a tall, handsome stranger, an evening of romance—and enough regrets to last a lifetime. Two years later, Camille is a successful interior decorator with the opportunity to restore one of Mississippi’s proudest plantations. She arrives excited and eager to face her greatest professional challenge to date—unt ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Encore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Encore

♥Sharon♥
3.5 Stars

photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps1fdfff7b.jpg

By now you must know that one of my recent favorite authors is Sandra Brown. This is my 17th book by her. I have read a variety of her books; old and new and for me my favorite’s land within the late 1990’s through her current books.

Love’s Encore is a romance novel and was originally published back in the early 1980’s so you have to get yourself in that mindset when you start reading it. There is something to be said about the way romance novels were written thirty years ago. It wasn’
Christine
This book was everything trite and meaningless about romance. Neither Camille nor Zack, at any point in the book, lifted one finger to try to achieve their own happiness. This was one big self-pity fest, complete with obvious misunderstandings, idiotic self-righteousness, and a series of deus ex machinas to bring the pair together. Ah...fate...how kind you will always assuredly be to two people who are meant to be. They fell in love at first sight and he has some kind of magical power to make he ...more
Julie Barrett
Love's Encore by Sandra Brown
Rayburn Prescott hires interior designer Camille.
She is amazed when she meets his son, Zach-who she had met once in Utah skiing after she had graduated from college.
She was to stay at the plantation while it was restored. She never wanted to meet Zach again and wonders if she can do her job with Zach around...
Love detailed descriptions of not only the estate of the driving tours, gardens but the skiing lodge in Utah.
Hot steamy sex scenes add to this story. Zach take
Rebecca
Loved it

This was such a great read from beginning to end. The passion between Zack and Camille was so wonderful. With each book of Sandra Brown I become a bigger fan. I would highly recommend this book.
Heather
This novel has almost everything I despise about a badly done romance novel. I'm not buying the whole "You seduced me, I was innocent" B.S. Um, you enjoyed yourself and then jumped to conclusions honey! And the silly back and forth where they kiss passionately, and then she's all angry at him but she was an equal participant in the whole situation. I have got to, at least, be able to root for the couple. Instead I feel like I'd like to put their heads in a bucket and kick them around the room. T ...more
Julie
Love's Encore by Sandra Brown is a 2014 Grand Central Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Camille was on a ski trip with a couple of friends after graduation when she met Zack. A night of passion caused Camille to panic and she left Zack without explaination. Now two years have passed and Camille has been offered a job restoring an old antebellum home in Nachez, Mississippi. The very last person on earth she expected to encounter was Zack. His father
Dee McGee
*I was given a complimentary copy of Love's Encore for an honest review.

Love’s Encore is a second chance romance. Camille Jameson owns her own decorating business with her mother. Commissioned by the Rayburn Prescott, she gets the chance to renovate a Louisiana plantation house. Little does she know that the estate she will be working on is home to the one guy that she really loved…then ran from! Why Camille? He was totally into you! Camille see Zack Prescott again, sparks fly, and then they pro
Emily
Two years ago Camille Jameson acted on an impulse and slept with Zack Prescott. Having been an innocent, Camille freaked and left before he woke up. Now Camille is designing his families Mississippi plantation and Zack wants answers.

Zack wants to know why Camille left, she was what he believed his one but he never got the chance to explore if it was true. Zack can readily admit he is baiting Camille, she is frustrated but so is Zack. He wants her, but both Camille and Zack need to let their pri
Gina Briganti
I love seeing where an author started, which is why I read "Love's Encore." I like to see where an author's innate talent showed up, and what they added along the way. Love's Encore was great for satisfying that curiosity.

I admire Brown's twisty-turny plots in her later books, and I saw the beginnings of that here. I also saw the way that Brown, like one of my other favorite authors, Nora Roberts, started off writing traditional 1980's romances.

Brown delivered romance. She delivered fleshed-out
Kristine Pratt
For an older book, this one held together really well under modern scrutiny. The plot of girl meets boy that she's met before (with embarrassing results) through a chain of events no one could have predicted is an old storyline, but a good one. I enjoyed the fact that Camille was an interior designer restoring a beautiful old home in Natchez as I've toured down there before and can only imagine what fun a project like that would be. And of course the backup cast of love interest's father, and th ...more
OceMei Belikova♥
Camille Jameson harus kembali mengingat masa lalunya ketika ia disewa untuk mendekorasi ulang Bridal Wreath miliki Raybrun Prescott. Ia tak pernah menyangka bahwa ia akan kembali bertemu dengan Zack, lelaki yang pernah singgah di hatinya. Zack adalah putra tunggal Rayburn. Pertemuan itu membuat mereka berdua canggung. Tapi Zack segera memulihkan diri dan mulai mengejek Camille.

Pertemuan singkat mereka dulu ternyata menorehkan cerita tersendiri bagi Zack dan Cammile. Awalnya Camille membenci Zack
Julie Bain
Georgia native Camille gets the dream job redecorating an antebellum house in Natchez Mississippi. Little does she know that Zachary Prescott, the only man she has ever really been with, is heir to this illustrious home.
They butt heads from page 1 all the way till a literal brick knocks poor Camille over the head. Thankfully knocking sense into her.

What I love about this book:

If you have not experienced firsthand "southern hospitality", you'll fall in love with Rayburn Prescott's( Zachary's fa
Melissa Jackson
A friend won this from Goodreads, but she handed it over to me, as she's not a fan of audiobooks.

I listened to Love's Encore on a mini vacation to the beach. This is not the type of thing I usually "read," and I was a little leery to give it a go. It ended up being a really fun way to pass the time.

The plot is just... silly. There's really not another word for it. Most of Camille's reasoning for things didn't make much sense. Zach saved it for the most part.

As for the performance of the reader
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Bukunya bagus, khas Sandra Brown classic romance lah. Bertemu seseorang setelah kabur begitu saja pada pertemuan pertama pasti bikin seseorang merasa serba salah.

Yah, ini yang dirasakan Camille saat bertemu kembali dengan Zack Prescott. Perpisahan mereka memang tidak mengenakkan, Camille kabur begitu saja di tengah malam buta, tanpa pemberitahuan atau surat kepada Zack.

Tak disangka, 2 tahun kemudian Camille diminta untuk mendekor ulang rumah Mr. Prescott yang tak lain tak bukan adalah ayah Zack
Eky
Buku ini sengaja saya pilih untuk dibaca biar nggak 'jetlag' setelah saya membaca The Friday Knitting Club nya Kate Jacobs yang agak mengharu biru. Sejauh ini tidak mengecewakan karena ceritanya ringan dengan akhiran yang sudah bisa ketebak. Dan considering bahwa buku ini diterbitkan 20 tahun yang lalu, banyak norma-norma dan values kuno yang saat ini sudah tidak diindahkan lagi oleh orang-orang Amerika (dimana novel ini bersetting)jaman sekarang, salah satunya adalah mengenai virginity dimana p ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!

This book was written beautifully. Though Sandra Brown always mentioned Camille's breasts and that kind of bothered me. But over all it was great! I found that Zack was a little superficial but his personality and sense of humor made you fall in love with him and the book. It was very good I enjoyed every second of reading the book.

Also recommended: All books of Phyllis A. Whitney's is strongly recommended. And Angel Creek by Linda Howard, Kindom of Dreams, and Perfect by Judith McNaught

Join my
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is a re-release but I don't think there was any editing done to the book other than the cover. It isn't a bad book but didn't wow me. This is one of her earlier works, so perhaps it was the beginning of her writing career?

the upside was that the characters weren't tied to technology (cell phones, computers).
pianogal
These characters are some of the dumbest, most poorly written characters. All they did was fight the whole time. And she can say no to changing paint color, but not a forced wedding?!?! Really? Ugh. Glad this one is over. And the ending was SOOO predictable. Liked the initial concept, but it devolved from there.
Meghan
It is hard to believe that, in real life, things like this actually happen. This book was a quick and easy read, only took a few hours. The ending was abrupt, it took all of 1-2 pages for them to finally figure their shit out. I rated it a 3 because it was so fast, fun and easy, based on the actual writing, maybe 2 stars.
Julie
This story was torture to get through. This was Sandra's first novel. Her writing has much improved since 1981. Thank goodness this was not the first book of hers that I have read because I would have never read another one. I would have missed out on the good ones.
Bekah
This was such a stupid book. The heroine was an idiot. I realize it came out in 81, but good grief, some of the things out of her mouth sounded like it was 1881 instead of 1981! And the impromptu idiot wedding. This is one of those books with the "BIG" misunderstanding between the two that is so infuriating and idiotic. The whole, "You mean THAT'S WHY you did that, and you really do love me?!" idiocy is really just an insult to my intelligence. I can understand that sort of misunderstanding happ ...more
Lynn Browning
Predictable

The sexual tension came across as thinly manufactured. Overall the story was predictable and unconvincing. Not up to the level of subsequent Sandra Brown's novels.
rruthmlee
A tale told many times before and very predictable

Not very unique or captaving. Perhaps a sixteen year old would enjoy it as her first romantic novel too trite for me.
Rocky
I received this through Goodreads First Reads.

Love's Encore is a very typical romance novel. I just happened to be in the mood for one, so I did enjoy the book.

This Sandra Brown story was a little shorter than her usual.

Camille the main female character has been hired to restore an aging estate. When Camille arrives she finds Zack who is a man with whom she had a one-night stand while on vacation a couple of yeas ago. Zack is heir to the estate. So begins the romance.

I was surprised to learn th
Aurora Ryan Sharma
Typical Love Story

Easy beach read with all the predictable results. I have read more in-depth books from this author so would try one with more substance.
Emily Foshee
This book is horrible! It's like they went back and published everything she ever wrote, whether it was good enough or not. This is not.
Dawn
PLease make your females roles stronger---not relationship handicapped
Cookie Knoll
Early Sandra Brown. Okay...typical romance.
Robin
Well that was stupid
Amy
quick fast read an oldie but goodie
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Fulfillment (Harlequin Temptation, #218)
  • Legendary Lover
  • Celebration
  • The Heart's Victory (Language of Love #16 - Tuberose)
  • Love in Another Town
  • Secrecy
  • Devil in Texas
  • Millie's Rose
  • Wishes
  • Man of Ice
  • To the Ends of the Earth
  • McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7; McKettrick Men, #2)
  • Cry Uncle
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Navy Brat (Navy #3)
  • Wife by Arrangement / Kekasih yang Sesungguhnya  (Italian Grooms, #1)
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Mean Streak Ricochet Chill Factor