Start by marking “Divided in Death (In Death, #18)” as Want to Read:
Divided in Death (In Death, #18)

Divided in Death (In Death #18)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  13,782 ratings  ·  365 reviews
The first hardcover in the series-now in paperback. The novel that brings it all together...

Published (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Divided in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divided in Death

Karla
5 Stars...this is the series that keeps on giving!! I am in awe of the fact that I am on book 18 in this series and it just keeps getting BETTER!! The plot was well thought out, fresh, exciting and held my interest throughout! I was on edge for most of the book, not only because of the suspense, but due to the rift in Roarke and Eve’s relationship. They are not perfect; they both have their flaws, and are steadfast in their belief, which has always created friction in their marriage. But, in thi ...more
Jo
I LOVE this installment! Its got a good mystery, but again its the character development that drives this book. For a large part of this book, Eve and Roarke cannot find their way to each other, they are estranged by their different reactions to some information that comes to light about Eve's past. It's this struggle which makes the heart of the book so compelling because you want them to make it. Very intense. And the scenes of Eve on her own without his support...heartbreaking, even though sh ...more
Petra
Intense! There is a lot of emotions in the air. Anger, fear, love, contempt, sorrow, rage and not only from who you'd expect.

A colleague and friend of Roarke is suspected of killing her husband, but for Eve the pieces are falling into place too easily. After finding data corruption on multiple computers, she suspects techno-terrorists.

During the investigation, information about Eve past comes to light. All she want to do is leave the past where it belongs and try and deal with what she learns, b
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
Emotional....that's the one word that describes the 18th book in this wonderful series. These books just keep getting better and better. The character development is outstanding and the writing is amazing. Eve and Roarke butt heads quite a bit throughout the series but in this book it goes a little further and causes a rip in their relationship. Seeing them get through it and repair the damage makes this book one of the best out of the series.
Michelle (meshe)
Synopis:
The year is 2059. It is a future in which technology and humanity collide, and a new computer virus has become the latest form of terrorism.

Reva Ewing, a former member of the Secret Service, a security specialist for Roarke Enterprises, is a prime suspect in a double homicide. She had every reason to want to kill her husband, the renowned artist Blair Bissel. Not only was he having an affair, he was having it with her best friend. But Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who's on the case, believes Re
Kjen
5 stars is never enough!****Even though I've read this countless times, it was just what I needed to reset my preferences and remember why E&R are THE couple in modern fiction. Awesomeness abounds, love conquers, characters are mature and worthy, and no one is TSTL. I used the bloody heck out of the highlight feature on my Kindle. ***Love***
Natalie
I'll go ahead and add all the JD Robb books to my list, but let's just say this - there hasn't been one that I haven't managed to finish in a week, regardless of the rest of life. They simply suck you in. There's no tougher girl than Eve Dallas.
Caro
Page-turning, heart-wrenching, tough and a great ending. Another keeper for the shelf. There was suspense, twists and turns, some rough patches, emotional upheaval, revelations, some touching moments, good characters and personalities, humor, a little action, growth and everything in between. I laughed, snickered, held my breath, teared up a little, got aggravated, had a great time and am ready to go back for more. Totally Iced and Enjoy!
Bigd_041555
Liked this book, to an extent. Loved reading about Caro's background and how she came to work for Roarke.

Now Roarke and his "big balls" were a bit too big and his thinking so very narrow-minded. I guess J.D. Robb likes to confirm his violent tendencies. I know Roarke will go to any extent to protect Eve, but how could he not clue in to her feelings about the whole HSO business.

Anyways, 2 thumbs up and 5 stars for Eve and Roarke!
Maria
One more five star review for this series by J.D. Robb! What can I say? It has become one of my favorite series so far! Although at the beginning the story seems to be an easy one, soon it’s obvious that this is not the case. I can’t believe that after so many books, the author still amazes me with her stories!

Murders, spying, dark secrets from the past and marital problems are the main themes in this book. Eve has to solve a case and at the same time she learns that there were people who knew w
Caroline Malpas
4 ROARKING AND ROLLIN STARS!

Could there be trouble at home for Eve and Roarke.............????!?!?

Oh eckki thump I think there is, as more discoveries are made regarding Eve's past.
Roarke is not happy and wants to take extreme measures to avenge the evil that was done to her, Eve is not happy about this, and with her being so busy wrapped up in the case involving an employee of Roarkes, she can't handle the situation very well.

Yet another good one involving all the gang, Ms Robb never seems to
Andree
Enjoyed this one a lot, but it's not a favourite. For a start, the case was too convoluted at the start. I lost track of who people were more than once.

Also, there are like forty of these books. I think I would enjoy it if Eve's past didn't rise up with a vengeance in every single one.

Mira continues to be amazing though. And I really am enjoying Eve and Peabody finding their footing as Detective partners.

Roarke was slightly less annoying than usual in this one too.

And I just generally adore Feen
Jerry
"Portrait" and "Purity" tough Eve Dallas acts to follow...

We've read the entire 18-book "Robb" series and generally enjoy all the stories immensely. As usually happens with long-running characters, we've come to feel intimate with both the leading couple, NYPD Homicide Lt. Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband Roarke, as well as a fine supporting cast of cops Peabody, Feeney, and McNab (among others); quirky friend Mavis; and annoying "houseman"/valet Summerset. The writing and plot crafting sk
Elvan
Some positives,some negatives in my reread of Divided. I like Reva's righteous anger as she shreds the leather jacket and her personality, almost Eve like in her work career yet not having a clue in her personal life. The contrast between prim, proper and always efficient Caro and her hot headed daughter Reva is interesting. The murder itself is interesting and while we have seen staged murders dissected before by Eve and Peabody, having Roarke and Caro involved so closely ramps up the tension.
M
Maria
Normally I would give anything in this series five stars but I deducted a star in this case because the plot, although clever, seemed somewhat contrived. I tried to think of the HSO as the CIA or FBI to see if that would make it seem less so, but no dice. On the other hand, the Dallas cast of characters are just as amazing as ever, with Roarke and Eve getting into their first major, major marriage squabble. I still can't believe Roarke said to Eve, "It's part of the package I took on [referring ...more
Livvy
Thrilling, emotional and just all around brilliant. Robb ticked every box for me this time and continues to astound me. With her In Death series currently topping a phenomenal 30+ books I’ve been rather left wondering if there are any more directions this woman can take her books at 18. I thought surely at some point she’s going to have to drop and whilst I’ve preferred some books in the series more than others they continue to be of a top-class quality that always keep me excited, engaged and h ...more
Tina
A man and his lover are stabbed to death in the middle of a tryst. Homicide Detective Eve Dallas is called to the scene and finds the man's wife standing over the bodies with their blood on her hands. She's got means, motive and opportunity. A slam dunk? Not really. The wife in question is Reva Ewing, an ex- Secret Service agent who is a hero for "taking one" for the president and an employee of Roarke's. Reva is spear-heading a top secret government contract to counter a destructive computer vi ...more
Lori
There are plenty enough reviews out there that give the plot summary. So I'll just talk about my reactions. This was a very uncomfortable book, in that Roarke and Eve are again fighting over that which together makes them strong - most especially Roarke's immense love for Eve and his desire to make everything in her world perfect. Which he already does by simply existing, but when he gets a glimpse into her past and learns something rather horrifying (but frankly, not that surprising if we're ta ...more
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
Reva Ewing, security specialist for Roarke, is a prime suspect of the death of Blair Bissel, her husband, and Felicity Cade, her best friend. Reva discovers her husband and best friend have been having an affair. Now she is being framed for a double murder she didn't commit.
I can't believe I am still not bored by this series, it just gets better. I really missed all the characters but didn't know how much till I started reading this. Another great exciting read. New info on Eve's past is reveale
Kristine (fezabel)
I was very excited to start reading the latest Eve Dallas book. I had finished about a quarter of the book in the first night and thought the story was great. Then the Eve & Roarke backstory came in, along with the Eve-as-a-child parts. It became very unsatisfying very quickly after that. The ending was a huge disappointment to me and the entire resolution was just - lame.

It seems like Nora Roberts just isn't putting the same effort into this series as she once did. The stories have all bee
Journeywoman
This should probably get 3 1/2 stars, but I'm rounding up.

One of the better Dallas/Roarke books. One of the things I like most about this series is the way she portrays a married couple. Most romances end with the marriage or the HEA (Happily Ever After). This series shows how much work goes into a marriage and how much you really have to commit to it.

I recommend this book particularly because Dallas and Roarke are understandably and believably angry at each other for a good portion of the boo
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Another strong book in this series - Nora Roberts deserves a lot of credit for keeping this series interesting and unique.
The mystery of Divided in Death essentially centers on espionage and betrayal - its a bit convoluted and stretches the boundaries a little but in all its tight and twists nicely.
Betrayal is also an issue for Eve when she discovers something new about that night in Dallas, how she and Roarke deal with the knowledge is spectacularly handled.
I have to say I fell in love with Ro
Katy M
This one's about loyalty, friendship and the balance of your needs vs your partner's in marriage.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
Penguin still has some of the poorest editing of the major publishing houses.
J D Robb (Nora Roberts) is one of the few authors I reread. Everything about the "in death" novels is quality writing and defies genre labeling.
From the relationship between Dallas and Rourke, the mystery/thriller storyline, an extremely strong female role model, the secondary characters, t
Robin
A midnight call from Roarke's Administrative Assistant, Caro, leads Eve and Roarke to the scene of a murder. Caro's daughter, Reva Ewing, tracked her cheating husband to his girlfriend's apartment only to find them dead. All evidence points to Reva being set up as the killer. Eve and Roarke, along with Peabody, McNab, and Feeney, uncover government intrigue, spies, and a computer virus. But the most shocking detail that is uncovered is a secret from Eve's past...a secret that may drive Roarke an ...more
Patricia
When the wife receives the package that contains pictures and discs documenting her husband’s affair with her best friend, she grabs a few essential items and flies out the door. Arriving at her best friend’s home, she quietly breezes past the security since she designed the system herself. When she spots her husband’s leather jacket slung over the railing of the staircase, she shreds it and tosses it to the floor. And when she bursts into the bedroom, she finds her husband and her best friend j ...more
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Roarke seems to be a really awesome boss to work for - Reva can attest to this. If I can't have Roarke as a husband, as a boss, it's a second best. Especially if the person is a trusted rising star or a trusted security personnel.

Sometimes it feels as if the lines of the black and white law for Eve are constantly blurred since married to Roarke. This latest book shows once again how Eve's neat and orderly world is thrown in for a loop through her connection to Roarke.
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
One of my favorites of the series! Roarke & Eve struggle with an issue that is pulling them apart, causing a rift in their marriage. The difference in what they both are, what they believe, what they can live with, rises to the surface when an investigation leads Roarke to discover classified information about Eve as a child. He can't let it go, Eve is terrified of what he may do. I won't say more to avoid spoilers. Great emotional suspense! A Must Read!
Inasni Dyah R.
Siapa pun yang pengen galau bener-bener harus baca novel ini... :")

Yeah, setidaknya, kayak statusku sebelumnya, adegan pertengkaran Eve sama Roarke yang jadi subkonflik di sini bener-bener hearttaking banget. Aku hampir nangis mewek-mewek cuma gara-gara tindakan mereka. Padahal, di seri kelima, mereka masih bisa hahahihi bareng-bareng, saling ledek satu sama lain tanpa ada campur tangan suasana tegang, dan penuh momen-momen so sweet ala pengantin baru.

Dan... ngelewatin tiga belas seri kayak gini
Myles Sudbeck
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Divided In Death (Sept. 2014) Spoiler Zone 86 35 Oct 30, 2014 09:32PM
Readers of Kindle...: Divided in Death #18 1 4 Feb 08, 2012 11:03AM
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • High Noon
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • Afterimage (In the company of shadows, #2)
aka:
Sarah Hardesty
Jill March
Nora Roberts

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. She was the youngest of the five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline.
More about J.D. Robb...
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

“Life is never as long as we want it to be, and wasted time can never be recovered.” 139 likes
“If you tell me I'm sensible in addition to normal and wise, I'm going to punch you in the stomach.” 62 likes