Start by marking “Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style” as Want to Read:
Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style

Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style

In "Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style", Natalie Jobity, a professional image consultant, shares with women tips, insider secrets and advice they can use immediately to learn how to dress to enhance their image so they look and feel amazing, inside and out.

“Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It” has step-by-step guidance on all the topics
Published (first published August 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Frumpy to Fabulous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frumpy to Fabulous

Michelle
Dec 27, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women who want to dress better
Recommended to Michelle by: Amazon
So helpful! I found this much more helpful than magazines, etc. It really helps you tailor what would look good on you and your body type. It gives principles for what works and why, as well as very accessible style rather than something that requires a great deal of time, effort, and money. Yes, it's going to require time, effort, and money, but the goal is to be practical and look good rather than trendy. Also, I'm glad she talks about how beauty radiates from within -- that how we feel and wh ...more
Penny
Mar 26, 2011 Penny rated it it was ok
This one left me feeling a little...meh. I didn't really learn anything new from it or get inspired by it. I think part of the problem is that, despite the fact that the subject matter is totally visual, there were few illustrations, and none of them in color (even in the chapter on color). So it ended up feeling like a lot of general advice but not enough specific advice to really make me change anything. Not a bad book by any means, but I think there are better ones out there.
Emily Markulis
Jul 16, 2015 Emily Markulis rated it really liked it
I know the author of this book, and in addition to her success in the fields of image consulting and marketing, she is thoughtful and compassionate, personable and fun. So when I found out she was a published author, I was excited to check out her book. While I don't know how much of the material I'll be incorporating into my own life and wardrobe, this guide is accessible, with a breezy style, and helpful for women who feel like they are stuck in an image rut or just want tips on advancing thei ...more
Lori McD
There's a lot of good nuggets of information within this book. If you've never had an image consultant or never "had your colors done", you'll learn a lot about what's what and why. If you have, there's still a lot to consider and apply to revising your own personal style.

It's not just about fashion - it's mostly about attitude. It's about realizing that, even when life is busy, we still make an impression on those around us with the way that we choose to dress and present ourselves. If you use
Rachel
Apr 05, 2013 Rachel rated it it was ok
This is a great book if you have the confidence to determine what kind of style, shape, color, etc you are. If you are like me though, I had a difficult time trying to figure out which one I was. The other small problem in the book was the seemingly endless supply of money we are supposed to have to go from frumpy to fabulous. If I went by everything in this book and bought a new wardrobe, I'd be broke. Overall, there are some good tips in here to improve your appearance and presentation.
Leah
Apr 25, 2011 Leah rated it liked it
Some parts of this book made me want to bang my head on a wall (no, learning about fashion rules does not in any way inspire me to go to a mall, the mall still sounds horrifying no matter what), but it does a decent job of giving me a framework to understand how fashion works and how "this is cute" doesn't mean it will work on me or in my wardrobe.
Kerrye
Mar 09, 2012 Kerrye rated it liked it
I have recently lost a lot of weight, and need a total closet make-over. All of a sudden the world of fashion is available to me in a new way, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. This book is helping me focus more clearly on my particular body shape, my style, and what essentials I need.
Ashlie
Jul 02, 2011 Ashlie rated it liked it
The pictures were really helpful in this book. There are a handful of ideas that I will take and use. Ultimately, I'm glad I read it (easy, fast read)--but there isn't anything ground-breaking. It isn't a must read for fashion ideas.
Jen
Dec 20, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok
Nothing special. Was hoping for more specific advice - like "secrets of a stylist" kind of thing. There wasn't really anything here that I hadn't already gleaned from years of reading fashion magazines.
Elliedakota
Dec 15, 2012 Elliedakota rated it it was amazing
Informative and helpful. I was glad there were not color pictures because when I have read others with pictures, I have found it dates the book too quickly. I read magazines like In Style to keep up with colors and trends.
Jean
Dec 02, 2012 Jean rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
What a great book!
Absolutely everything one needs to know on how to dress.

For some reason my DNA did not include knowing how to dress. This book definitely helped me align who I am with what I wear! Thanks Natalie!
Therese
I wasn't expecting a lot of changes, but I was hoping for an idea or two. Basically this has been written before, and what it really needed color photography – lots of it.
Amoy
Oct 26, 2012 Amoy rated it really liked it
got some very useful tips, i recommend :)
Renee
Feb 14, 2011 Renee rated it liked it
To in-depth , but helpful.
Sandra Lindsay
Mar 09, 2013 Sandra Lindsay rated it did not like it
The first frumpy to fabulous was a look more fun. The Science of Sexy is a lot more informative, don't waste your money like I did and skip this title.
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Diane Fehler
Diane Fehler rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2012
Karin Mcavoy
Karin Mcavoy rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Samantha Birkwood
Samantha Birkwood rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Julie Thomas
Julie Thomas rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Carrie Armbruster
Carrie Armbruster rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Bree
Bree rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
C Jay
C Jay rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2012
Sarah rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2012
Carmel
Carmel rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2017
Diane Wallace
Diane Wallace rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2013
Carolyn White
Carolyn White rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Style on a Shoestring: Develop Your Cents of Style and Look Like a Million without Spending a Fortune
  • Wear This, Toss That!: Hundreds of Fashion and Beauty Swaps That Save Your Looks, Save Your Budget, and Save You Time
  • How to Never Look Fat Again: Over 1,000 Ways to Dress Thinner--Without Dieting!
  • Fashion: A Very Short Introduction
  • Store This! Simple Home Storage Systems & House Organization Solutions
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
  • The Resume is Dead
  • Bobblehead Dad: 25 Life Lessons I Forgot I Knew
  • Branded Beauty: How Marketing Changed the Way We Look
  • The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your Complete Guide to Planting, Tending, and Harvesting Vegetables
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
  • Ugly Beauty: Helena Rubinstein, L'Oreal, and the Blemished History of Looking Good
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • Freedom: The Sequel to Slave
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind - Easy Home Organization Tips and Storage Solutions for Clutter-Free Living
  • The Myths, Legends, and Lore of Ireland
  • Looks: Why They Matter More Than You Ever Imagined
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond